• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Cant agree to be honest if rafa b got the job would he have been given 4 years to get it right?
Same for fdb.
No chance if things were not looking good by seasons end the pressure would have ramped right up.
I don't accept that we should wait 4 years for success most of the squad will have left by then and jo average will be the replacements.
He can just about have this season for me to start getting it right then I want us back where we belong.

Where do we belong? According to our finances we should be 6th. In that respect surely we are "back where we belong" last season after a few seasons punching above our weight

Where do we belong? According to our finances we should be 6th. In that respect surely we are "back where we belong" last season after a few seasons punching above our weight

Fine
Then punching above our weight is were I want us back.
Poch seems like a decent manager and I keep reading how he was the best choice for us ,then is it not fair for me to expect him to fair well with a better squad and facilities ?

If we needed a manager to help us get 6th then we are doing it wrong surely?
we could have stuck with the cheaper option of Timmy no?
As that's were we already are should I not want progress ?
Is it wrong of me to hope/expect improvement ?
We have a talented squad far better than Southampton and everyone keeps telling me that 8th was punching above there weight because of poch so I think its fair for me to want better than 6th no ?

Fine
Then punching above our weight is were I want us back.
Poch seems like a decent manager and I keep reading how he was the best choice for us ,then is it not fair for me to expect him to fair well with a better squad and facilities ?

If we needed a manager to help us get 6th then we are doing it wrong surely?
we could have stuck with the cheaper option of Timmy no?
As that's were we already are should I not want progress ?
Is it wrong of me to hope/expect improvement ?
We have a talented squad far better than Southampton and everyone keeps telling me that 8th was punching above there weight because of poch so I think its fair for me to want better than 6th no ?

We all want more than sixth but what we are up against needs to be taken into perspective.

The problem with us is we can never get any continuity.....be it manager or players.......where would we be if we still had arry, bale & modric....I do wonder sometimes specially when I see our two former players prancing around with ucl winners medals.

In order for us to punch above our weight we need some astute squad changes....last seasons signings to improve after mediocre first seasons, poch to play a system that suits our strengths and goes down well with the squad and he needs patience and backing from Levy! Seems as if Baldini has 'got' the transfers so we need those three to do their jobs well and work harmoniously together!

In terms of finishing 4th compared to our rivals we have a massive task and will get outspent this summer no doubt! As I want a trophy I would be happy with us going all out to win europa (knockout stages) when we can get the benefit of a trophy and a ucl place! You have to be careful with progress as it can be hard to measure.....like it or not 6th is about our level atm....anything more and the three amigos mentioned and the squad will have done an amazing job!

We all want more than sixth but what we are up against needs to be taken into perspective.

The problem with us is we can never get any continuity.....be it manager or players.......where would we be if we still had arry, bale & modric....I do wonder sometimes specially when I see our two former players prancing around with ucl winners medals.

In order for us to punch above our weight we need some astute squad changes....last seasons signings to improve after mediocre first seasons, poch to play a system that suits our strengths and goes down well with the squad and he needs patience and backing from Levy! Seems as if Baldini has 'got' the transfers so we need those three to do their jobs well and work harmoniously together!

In terms of finishing 4th compared to our rivals we have a massive task and will get outspent this summer no doubt! As I want a trophy I would be happy with us going all out to win europa (knockout stages) when we can get the benefit of a trophy and a ucl place! You have to be careful with progress as it can be hard to measure.....like it or not 6th is about our level atm....anything more and the three amigos mentioned and the squad will have done an amazing job!

But is 6th our level?
It has not been for a while
Are Everton really better than us ?
Are liverpool for that matter ?
Are even le'**** ?
I think its up for debate personally
The first 2 are certainly up for much tougher seasons imo.

Would we be saying 2 to 4 years for progress if waffa or frankie got the job ?

Me thinks not

Poch has applied ,done well and been handed the job on merit I would hope so do I agree that 2-4 years to wait for progress is acceptable ?
Hell no
Do I expect us to win every game this season ?
Of course not but I expect no less than pushing for 4th and at least 1 cup run because in reality that's where we have been for the last few years.
Backwards is not a option for me I am afraid its onwards and upwards not onwards and backwards.

personally I'm looking at fighting for 3rd next year, city and Chelsea are out of reach, but I can't see Liverpool matching this years performance, they'll be down scrapping with us, united (no quick fix for their trouble) arsenal and Everton again

if we make the right moves in the transfer market and Poch is worth his money there is no reason we can't come out on top

personally I'm looking at fighting for 3rd next year, city and Chelsea are out of reach, but I can't see Liverpool matching this years performance, they'll be down scrapping with us, united (no quick fix for their trouble) arsenal and Everton again

if we make the right moves in the transfer market and Poch is worth his money there is no reason we can't come out on top

Hold your horses fella. We are going to be in for 3-4 months of rocky performances before the players start looking good in Poch's system, I don't expect to see us starting to look decent until after Xmas. For next season I think a slightly lower target of top 5 coupled with a cup win should be achievable, but top 4 is gonna go to City, Chelsea, UTD and Liverpool/Arsenal. I won't be raising my expectations until the 2015/16 season.

Hold your horses fella. We are going to be in for 3-4 months of rocky performances before the players start looking good in Poch's system, I don't expect to see us starting to look decent until after Xmas. For next season I think a slightly lower target of top 5 coupled with a cup win should be achievable, but top 4 is gonna go to City, Chelsea, UTD and Liverpool/Arsenal. I won't be raising my expectations until the 2015/16 season.

Same here, I'm not writing next season off but I can imagine it being very up and down at the start of the season hopefully finish the season strong for a real crack at the top 4 in 2015/16

I'm going into this season excited as I was in AVBs first season. I wasn't expecting a top four finish but I did expect to see a plan come into action, a change in direction and philosophy. I still found enjoyment out of his first season, mainly due to the fact we saw an absolute world class player flourish before our eyes, as well as seeing the likes of Sandro and Dembele dominate games etc.

But this year, I'm not bothered if we don't finish in the top four. I'm setting my sights low, if we get anything above 6th place I'll be very happy. As long as we come out of the season giving it our all, seeing a plan come together, a philosophy quite clearly drilled into the side and at least a decent cup run in one of the three cups, I'll be very happy.

I think so, but everyone else has problems as well

I think he's the right appointment but he needs a couple of years. He likes a high energy game and we don't have many high energy players. He'll need a year to see what players we've got he's gonna be able to work with. I think the top 4 will be between 5 teams for the next couple of seasons at least. We're not one of those teams. At least the Europa League will be worth something now and that should be our main aim.

Why should Utd be an automatic candidate for top 4? Their squad requires a big rebuild, they've lost their defensive partnership & players have reportedly been deemed as not being of the 'Man U' calibre by LVG. Each of the other candidates are ready to go, each with a system and their own set players.

I don't think that Man U will finish top 4 next season.

United are a mess, they need to build a new defence and midfield, they are strong in goal and up front but that's it.

Southampton were pretty rocky for a spell under Poch in hid first season like others said there's going to be a period of trial and error where he plays with our squad and who fits best with his ideals and what formations fit with the players we have

Southampton were pretty rocky for a spell under Poch in hid first season like others said there's going to be a period of trial and error where he plays with our squad and who fits best with his ideals and what formations fit with the players we have

They were, but part of that could be that he was new to the league, he's had 18 months in the same league as us, he should be well on the way already.

Poch took over at Southampton in the second half of the season. He also had a full pre season in which to train the whole team and get them working to the system that he wanted. In our case, he does not have the first few months to start training the team and we also have a rather short pre season. Not only that but most of our first team will be away for the start of pre season as they have a recovery period after the World Cup. Poch will have very little time to work with the players that we deem our "best" so the first half of the season will seem like a crash course for some players with likely a good few of them struggling. This is why I think we will have such a rocky 3-4 months.

Pochetinno had the Saints players adapting almost immediately from my memory. The change was fairly spectacular. Not that it should matter. The club and the fans have to give him time to settle in.

I think he's the right appointment but he needs a couple of years. He likes a high energy game and we don't have many high energy players. He'll need a year to see what players we've got he's gonna be able to work with. I think the top 4 will be between 5 teams for the next couple of seasons at least. We're not one of those teams. At least the Europa League will be worth something now and that should be our main aim.

I'm not sure that I agree. This squad was built for AVB who also preferred a pressing game, the key difference is that Poch is more attack minded but I don't think that the squad needs an overhaul to achieve this.

I never said we had to finish top 4 I said we needed to challenge the top 4 and improve in the cups.
Do I think he needs time well to crack the top 4 and have us in the cl yeah he has a year from now
by seasons end I expect improvement on this year
If he can't do it then he's failing like I said if rafa or frank had got the job we would have expected them to hit the ground running why does poch get special dispensation ?

I think if Rafa had got the job (not that he was ever available so not sure why he keeps being pulled into this) you could expect an immediate impact as he is more experienced and has almost done it all in the EPL.

Frankie I would give the same years grace to get going as I would give Poch.

Add Europe travels and the lack of training time in between matches. Poch doesn't have much experience competing on multiple fronts. He has always relied on a central core of players and not needed to rotate them much. Steep learning curve for him.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

Back