• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Problem is if we want him out of the club in Jan then we probably have to do a similar deal to the one which we did with Man C for him - ie low fee and us subsidising part of his wages. No team which would want him would be able to afford his wages. At best he might go to a Villa type club, if you could find a manager which will take the risk on him, or we're going to have to flog him abroad

Straight swop for Benteke would do me. Even if we had to keep subsidising his wages. Do it Poch.[-o<

As always, tantalising us with vague pieces of ITK :p

:lol:

Well played Sir.

It's not hard to figure out though is it? Anyone who thinks we will just flog a player in January who we have not necessarily found to have easy suitors in there past is being optimistic. We don't know the terms of his contract. What if he's entitled to a bunch of wedge should we sell him early i.e. the rest of his contract? I just don't think it will be as straightforward as it should be. Pochettino will doubtless have to deal with him, but I suspect he will not do an AVB on him entirely. I would not be shocked if he was on the bench more often than not, and I also think Poch will protect Kane where he can from burnout. But the marker has been set, and I believe the player is in no doubt as to who's running the ship and who's being supported in that running.

I want to like poch. But I think he's terrible. The huge warning signs were there in making kaboul captain and ade vice captain. Then playing kaboul every game despite him being awful. Same with ade. Every week I slap my forehead with his team line ups and substitutions.

Even tonight, some of the worst Man management... Drops soldado when he finally scores. Then drops him. Then brings him mn 3-0, game over. ****ing confidence killer..

Kane is NOT a lone striker.
Chiriches is Mr calamity. Why's he starting all of a sudden?

Mason and betaleb are so average... They've fooled everyone with their work rate. But neither can out a tackle in, neither create chances, neither can be a goal threat.... Just two. Acerage, tidy players.

I find our current team and tactics embrassing. And it's all so disheartening.

I think this is the moment, as a club, as supporters, to either accept a PROPER season of GROWTH and give up thinking about top 4 blah blah for a while to allow a manager to get a structure in place, or we continue striving to be pip the 'best of the rest' to scrape that 4th spot and hope we can do something.

I would rather give Poch the time, take some defeats in the process, finish 8th or 9th and see some genuine structure on and off the pitch.

I think this is the moment, as a club, as supporters, to either accept a PROPER season of GROWTH and give up thinking about top 4 blah blah for a while to allow a manager to get a structure in place, or we continue striving to be pip the 'best of the rest' to scrape that 4th spot and hope we can do something.

I would rather give Poch the time, take some defeats in the process, finish 8th or 9th and see some genuine structure on and off the pitch.

Agreed. And however much I'm seriously unconvinced by him, we do have to give him time, we don't give anyone time, let's try it and see what happens. I just wish he didn't mske such bizarre decisions, and get it wrong so so often.

Haha. I know. I've been frustrated with poch for a long time, occassionally it blurts out. I know we can be better though, I know we have better players, makes it all the more frustarting.

Fair play mate, nice to see some honesty and heartfelt exchanges coupled with ownership.

FFS Grimsby chill out. We lost to the best team in the league today, and yet played some decent football at times. **** me, there are managers in this league (Mourinho and LVG to name two) who have said it takes at least a year to get a team playing to their system. These last 2-3 games are the first where we have actually started to look like a team who can play football.

Are you at the ground training with the squad? I doubt it and as such you probably don't have a clue what the plan is that the players practice towards implementing in the days prior to a game. Soldado was likely kept in reserve because we wanted to compact the midfield, suffocate Fabregas and stop them finding their rhythm.

Kane or Soldado as a loan front man?? Kane wins it because he's the stronger player. We don't have that battering ram of a #9 in our ranks to hold the ball up up top, so we use the best thign we have.
Chiriches is starting because in actual fact he has looked more composed on the ball than both Dier and Naughton. Yeah I agree he made mistakes tonight, but he earned his place in the team on prior performances, like most players would.
Mason and Bentaleb not only press well out of possession, but both know how to fire the ball into someones feet at the exact right pace, move and receive another pass.

If you want easy wins and the best players in the world go support Madrid or something, because this season is about developing into a team. We were never meant to be the finished article by December lol.

Agreed. And however much I'm seriously unconvinced by him, we do have to give him time, we don't give anyone time, let's try it and see what happens. I just wish he didn't mske such bizarre decisions, and get it wrong so so often.

Yes indeed...we can only hope Voldemort doesn't throw a wobbler. But I don't believe he will this time. I think Poch will get the time, we also have to give it to him IMO...

I thought that moment was when we appointed Poch? As far as I'm concerned, the time and patience I'm willing to afford to him has increased dramatically given the laughably dire tools he was given to work with by our magnanimous glorious leaders. As far as I'm concerned, I won't judge him until I feel he has the tools he wants to do his job, and if he goes before that period occurs, I sincerely hope (and will probably demand) that Levy and Lewis pack up and **** off as well.

Not that demanding will do much, or really anything: but I figure club drones will usually read the forums every once in a while, and it would be good to bump up the 'discontented customer' figures.

We played okish - a bit toothless a bit tappy happy - the type of football that people on here would slate Arsenal for... which I find ironic...

We lack that creative spark perhaps up front, which is Eriksen in my view...

Its progress though and this is al I have asked for especially this season - progress signs of progress but its happened with AVB then descended into a tragic joke.

Oh Jesus tap dancing Christ....

What else is the man to do? Over all we played well against the best team in the country and lost mainly as a result individual mistakes, nothing new there.

F*** knows, maybe he's the next Santini but one thing is for sure, he's our manager and was given a 5 yr contract for a reason.

Just because you disagree with a decision doesn't make it a bizarre decision.

We played on Sunday and put a massive effort in. We were playing away to the runaway leaders and best team this season. Dropping one striker for an attacking midfielder both bringing on fresh legs and possibly giving us a bit more cover defensively is not a bizarre decision. You might weight giving Soldado another game more heavily, but surely you can see the validity of the opposing argument here?

Why isn't Kane a lone striker? Based on what? He's 21, he essentially has a handful of PL starts behind him. Who knows what he's capable of. For someone who supposedly isn't a lone striker he sure played well as a lone striker today.

Chiriches started because others have been unimpressive. Dier has been distinctly average. Naughton is alright, but not much more. Vlad did well against Everton and up against Hazard I thought he did alright again today. But please, if it's so obviously that he shouldn't start. If this is all bizarre. Tell me who it is we could have started that would have done so much better up against Hazard?

Mason and Bentaleb... Well, I disagree. They did well against Everton and they did well against Chelsea today. If they're average, how would you describe our other central midfield options? Please. Describe the performances this season from Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho and Stamboulil, judged on the same standard that makes Bentaleb and Mason average.

I'm starting to feel like the Argie is getting a handle on the team now. Even Paulinho looking better.

He needs to sell tho. We have two or three too many players. And we can't bring in anyone until we sell.

THIS. Got to give this fella some time and allow our young players to grow into his system.

It's no different to Jol, the squad was way too big, took quite a while to trim down after a summer (2004) which saw 15 new players arrive. What followed was inconsistency, but once he refined the squad and got them playing how he wanted the consistency arrived, and it was the first time in 15 years that we'd had such consistency which made it all the more appreciated.

I feel it could be the same with Poch. Who knows, he's doomed to fail and Jerry Francis is waiting in the wings ready to take us back to whinging and maoning heaven, mid table mediocrity. But if people can't wait until the end of the season to make their own judgements then they need a word with themselves. And anyway, we have been playing some decent stuff and axtually lookinga team, whoch a start!

Grimsby, just do what I do, unless we're pulmitting towards the relegation zone don't take the league too seriously and concentrate on the cups. I'll take top 8 and a cup final this year, just as long it's the education that Poch's players need, something to learn from, develop and as said above GROW.

Some good signs, but I do worry that this 'Bielsa, constant-press method' that people keep saying that Poch employs will always leave us vulnerable to late-game (and esp late season) collapses.
I also fear that we will constantly play into the hands of coaches like Jose, Van Gaal and even Wenger (at times) who will employ tactics to allow us have the ball and tire ourselves out before picking us off at key moments.

Oh well..

Back