• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

When are we playing Man United? That will be the the meeting between two managers who now manage each others previous club.

Thanks Dubai, never forget a large part of me wanted to be wrong, truly...
Nigey, I always enjoyed your posts and found some of them laugh out loud. I will also never deny someone the opportunity to voice an opinion even one I so vehemently disagreed with. However I will never change my opinion, that you were bang out of order with some of your criticisms of the man. You have nailed your colours very firmly to the anti Poch mast. I hope you have got this one right.

When Jol was sacked, something in me died, and my relationship with the club and with football was never the same.

I feel worse today - immeasurably f.ucking so. And nothing about this club will feel quite the same to me again.

A dream died today, and a good man was pushed onto his sword because of people above him deciding he wasn't worth the effort. After five long years where he believed we *were* worth the effort, when the biggest clubs in the world meant nothing to him because he had given us his word.

In the end, we pushed him out, after five years where he stayed despite everyone in football clinging at him, trying to pull him away from us.

So, as with that haunting evening in 2007 when we let another good man go... au revoir to our manager and our leader. The man who deserved better.

Au revoir, Mauricio Pochettino.

Tottenham loves you more than you will ever f.ucking know.

If I was this eloquent, this is what I would have said.
Nicely put @DubaiSpur

Thank you Poch

Those who wanted Poch to leave, better not ever mention 'player loyalty'!
He's basically been sacked because of squad issues that Poch himself warned about at least two years ago, but the club has failed to rectify.

He’s part of that process.

I’m responsible for widgets at my company, some of the widgets are failing and I ask my boss if I can buy new ones, he says no, the widgets fail, a project dies, we lose money, whose fault is that? It’s mine, I didn’t get the message across correctly, I was responsible for the widgets.

I'm haven't read thread since Poch's sacking, far to many posts to read but I thought I'd make a short list with my thoughts.

I didn't want Poch to get the sack, I wanted him to turn it around but if I'm honest with myself I didn't believe he could. He showed no signs of having an idea of how to cope with his situation and I truly believe he made a hash of it by not deciding on an approach and sticking with it.

Whether that was picking the stalwarts such as Eriksen and Vertoghen or dropping them all out of the squad and playing the guys and youngsters. Either option I could have and would have gotten completely behind, I think the fans as a whole would have backed him and maybe even Levy would have supported the action. The half and half indecision and weird shape selections really didn't help him.

It's sad to to say I did expect him to get the sack but I thought it would be after the West Ham match, when I expected another limp performance.

He's gone now and he was without doubt the best manager in my lifetime, he pushed the club forward in every direction. I witnessed some fantastic football at times, he made me believe that we would never collapse in games where we held the lead, a Spurs manager who had a tight and organised team, it was a genuine breath of fresh air. He pushed the youth and and made some questionable players look the real deal, we even started calling him the full back whisperer.

Having Levy as a chairman is never going to be easy, he will hamstring his managers. It is his nature just like the Scorpion will sting the frog on its back, he can't help it. For the most part he worked around Levy excellently but this this season or really last season was a year to much. We needed reinforcement last season and not doing that is what has led to this year. Now whether that lies with Levy, Poch or a combination of the two I guess we will never know but I have my hunches Levy played a large part, he usually does.

So a longer post than I had expected but Poch deserves it. It's sad to see him go but it sadly was time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Mourinho will be in the stands for wham, and take charge. I'll welcome the organisation and he should refresh things short term.

The sadness is we've lost our identity for a period now. Poch had a philosophy, and decency and was a true leader. Though times were tough, this guy had balls, integrity, and talent. He made average players into stars.

But we have to also admire Levy's determination. Poch was almost the one. Levy needs the one. He will keep pushing and searching. And that is no bad thing.

Nigey, I always enjoyed your posts and found some of them laugh out loud. I will also never deny someone the opportunity to voice an opinion even one I so vehemently disagreed with. However I will never change my opinion, that you were bang out of order with some of your criticisms of the man. You have nailed your colours very firmly to the anti Poch mast. I hope you have got this one right.

You are fair to say I was out of order, timing and some of the things I said were always liable to hurt those who deeply respected the man.

I’ll never apologise for sharing my thoughts though...not even my dark ones, so even though you can’t appreciate my methods and delivery I hope you can my honesty.

I’m not the only guilty person on here who gets carried away expressing their views.

I really don’t mind what clan people put me in...

I’m spurs and love the club and will always try and engage with those regarding that shared passion...

thanks for the kind words you said, and believe me, I got no pleasure from tinkling you off!

He’s part of that process.

I’m responsible for widgets at my company, some of the widgets are failing and I ask my boss if I can buy new ones, he says no, the widgets fail, a project dies, we lose money, whose fault is that? It’s mine, I didn’t get the message across correctly, I was responsible for the widgets.

Mate, no need to beat the dead horse ..

- There is ruthless accountability that some jobs/industries have and if you never lived it, it is very hard to grasp (seems unfair)

Said it before, nothing to do with right or wrong, it is how it works and was inevitable. He's gone, good luck to him and all the success he may have.

Let's not forget how much he bought players on, when he arrived they were basically a rabble with potential. We won't find a better player developer easily, a pure coach.

Mourinho certainly has no track record of bringing players on from a young age.

I suspect one of the main reasons Levy and the Board pulled the trigger now is that they didn't trust Poch with the next two transfer budgets. We brought in 26 players under his tenureship and only a very very few have been successes.

I liked the man but really felt he had lost his way. He looked a shadow of himself recently when we needed strong leadership. I hope he now has a good rest, recharges his batteries and wish him every success in the future.

And if the effort/output is the same? Who do you fling blame at then?

Mate, see my post above.

- Don't confuse blame with accountability/responsibility

My comment that you quoted was not meant to be a slight on Poch, and I see no value now trying to prove anything, he's gone, we move on.

Absolutely devastated. Right now I’m refraining from speaking about how I feel about the clubs actions, but Pochettino is the most wonderfully dignified manager we have had in my lifetime, an absolute gentleman and one I’m so proud was able to lead our club.
Genuinely heartbroken with how this has ended. Wish we at least had a chance to let him know how we still feel about him

Just saw Toby's interview with Sky Sports. He wasn't exactly gushing about Poch. Basically just said "Yeah just heard. It's sad to see someone leave but that's football." The interview was a couple of minutes long. He did say "he brought us to the next level" but the interviewer basically teed that up for him.

Back