• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I heard a clip of his post-Saudi Sportswashing Machine press conference on a podcast this morning and the bit where he spoke about the squad being unsettled sounded like a very innocuous comment, compared to how it seemed when I had just read about it but not heard him speak it. As if he meant not 'settled' as in not 'finalised' (given the transfer window) - rather than unsettled as in disharmony.

Regardless, all seems well. Until the next crisis. Luckily there's an international break on the horizon where time can be passed with more errant speculation.

There has been massive frustration at how long it has taken to shift players he wanted to shift. This started 18 months ago. He is still dealing with a couple he’d have moved on. He is also learning a new level.

The important thing is they met and cleared the air.
And that's no more than I expected.

They're both sensible fellas, and have a solid history, a history that has demonstrated they've both wanted what is best for the club.

No doubting the press have started to load their guns at him though.....
If we can just keep our heads above water for a couple of weeks at least one of Solskjær or Lampard should be ‘fighting for their jobs’. We really let Ole off the hook for that Palace defeat

If we can just keep our heads above water for a couple of weeks at least one of Solskjær or Lampard should be ‘fighting for their jobs’. We really let Ole off the hook for that Palace defeat

The problem there is that that inevitably leads to “Poch to United/Chelsea/Madrid” headlines...

When in the summer you're thinking 'new cycle' 'project 2.0' ...starting the first full season in our completed stadium... everything in place and last seasons issues behind you...

you've really looked forward and believed it was a fresh start and a clean reboot. ...

...it grates when it's not quite like that, it's just delays, obstacles...a bloody inconvenience.

The new cycle needs fresh blood and full on commitment, Poch has probably overpsyched himself up a bit and is looking for energy and total buy in. He's got players around that ain't ticking that box. He's got players that he's probably burnt out. He's got players still on the brink of effing transfers.

He probably thought it would be cleaner than this, and instead, it's a bit of a mess.
Little old me giving Poch the '2.0' reference.

Nice to know someone reads my posts ...(drivel)

So, mainly 4-5 people in here have managed to write over 30 pages of utter brick and ridiculous nonsense in this thread, in less than a week....
Absolutely ridiculous, and also laughable how some instantly swallows any bait, hook, sink and line, of "rumours" that some idiot on twitter has put out.
Absolutely hilarious!

Poch is going through a new phase of his career. For the first time now, he has a group of experienced players - some world cup winners, all seasoned internationals and now champions league finalists. They are not all 22 year old kids you can absolutely flog to death.

So far, I'm yet to see that he can find an alternative to the high-octane, all-action pressing style that worked well in the first couple of seasons with a youthful, willing squad and a small & compact WHL pitch. Since the start of last season, I haven't seen any discernible tactics, shape or objectives. I don't know what sort of team we are anymore.

What we currently have is a blend of experienced pros and players reaching their prime. This should be bread and butter for a manger. Instead, we have Jan on the way out, Toby looking exposed etc. Hugo, Toby & Jan should be a classic Juventus-style foundation. Ferguson used to win titles with a 33-year old Ferdinand and a 38-year old van der Sar. Its just that these characters need a different type of managing. Poch doesn't seem to have that in him yet.

I think a manager like Allegri would see that experience at the back as gold dust and a chance to actually win something in the here and now. I really hope Poch can figure out how to manage a team of men as oppose to a team of boys. This nonsense diamond certainly isn't going to do the trick.

Poch is going through a new phase of his career. For the first time now, he has a group of experienced players - some world cup winners, all seasoned internationals and now champions league finalists. They are not all 22 year old kids you can absolutely flog to death.

So far, I'm yet to see that he can find an alternative to the high-octane, all-action pressing style that worked well in the first couple of seasons with a youthful, willing squad and a small & compact WHL pitch. Since the start of last season, I haven't seen any discernible tactics, shape or objectives. I don't know what sort of team we are anymore.

What we currently have is a blend of experienced pros and players reaching their prime. This should be bread and butter for a manger. Instead, we have Jan on the way out, Toby looking exposed etc. Hugo, Toby & Jan should be a classic Juventus-style foundation. Ferguson used to win titles with a 33-year old Ferdinand and a 38-year old van der Sar. Its just that these characters need a different type of managing. Poch doesn't seem to have that in him yet.

I think a manager like Allegri would see that experience at the back as gold dust and a chance to actually win something in the here and now. I really hope Poch can figure out how to manage a team of men as oppose to a team of boys. This nonsense diamond certainly isn't going to do the trick.

We’re playing a diamond and he’s less focussed on possession and pressing, more focussed on allowing low quality shots at our end and high quality chances at theirs.

We’re still working through kinks, but I do see the plan.

Back