• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The thing I really can't get my head around is how he's using Eriksen.

If he's dropped for contract stuff or because his head's not in it, then he's dropped. Leave him out of the squad, fine by me. It's clearly needed to ensure others are fully committed. Results may suffer, but greater good and all that.

If he's not, then play him FFS.

Massively agree with this too.

If he's dropped for contract stuff or because his head's not in it, then he's dropped. Leave him out of the squad, fine by me. It's clearly needed to ensure others are fully committed. Results may suffer, but greater good and all that.

There is no real alternative to Eriksen until Lo Celso/Alli are fit. We don't have the full facts. I am sure he would leave out Eriksen completely if he could.

He started Eriksen in only 1 of 3 games, clearly even with our injuries/suspensions etc we have options.

The greater issue is not Eriksen, but the lack of direction and focus the team display.

We played a woeful Saudi Sportswashing Machine, with a front 4 of Lamela, Kane, Son and Moura. Pace, guile, goals...

We should have torn them apart and had no need of Eriksen at all. Instead we were completely insipid.

There was no tempo, there was no forward thrust, no runs, no tactics really...

Thats Poch. Eriksen is a red herring.

There is no real alternative to Eriksen until Lo Celso/Alli are fit. We don't have the full facts. I am sure he would leave out Eriksen completely if he could.
If there's no alternative then play him for the 90. If you're going to bring him on and ruin any stance you've taken in leaving him out, at least get the benefit of having him in the starting lineup.

Probably future planning for life without Eriksen but wants the safety net of being able to bring him off the bench if we are in need of inspiration. Entirely logical if so

Probably future planning for life without Eriksen but wants the safety net of being able to bring him off the bench if we are in need of inspiration. Entirely logical if so

I think he may have been justified in thinking a team without Eriksen should have been able to defeat Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home.
These are elite-level footballers who aren't controlled for 90 minutes on the pitch by the manager pulling their strings. Poch should have been able to innovate and suggest a shape and tactical plays to win. And it seems he did not.
But the players are good enough not to be overwhelmed or confounded by Paul flipping Dummett

15 points from the last 15 games and an insipid loss in the CL Final

Time to turn this around and fast otherwise the door should beckon !!!

15 points from the last 15 games and an insipid loss in the CL Final

Time to turn this around and fast otherwise the door should beckon !!!

Its weird, up until now there has been plenty of (VALID!) reason for our poor performances. Last season was hugely anomalous in how hard we had it in terms of stadia/suspension/injuries etc.

However, thats past. We've had a good pre season. We have strengthened the squad, we have fit players, all summer was about how fit and fast Kane was looking. Personally I thought we came into the season looking ripe to take it by storm.

Really, there are no reasons why not. And yet, here we are. With Poch seemingly dropping the ball, because honestly theres no other tangible reason for the performances.

If there's no alternative then play him for the 90. If you're going to bring him on and ruin any stance you've taken in leaving him out, at least get the benefit of having him in the starting lineup.

I tend to agree with this. I understand wanting to prepare for life without him (although clearly the team looks woefully under prepared for life without him) but if he is actually causing a distraction, surely you get him away from the squad, like we did with Modric until he didn’t get his move.

Completely agree, this halfway-house nonsense is doing more harm than good, but my preference would be to use him. If Eriksen had started Sunday, we'd at least have scored, I'm certain about that. We wasted two-thirds of the game with limp, ponderous approach play that, if you videoed one cycle of it and played it on a loop would be virtually indistinguishable from a recording of the whole game in terms of our "attack". At least we got the ball in their box after he appeared. What's more, it was obvious from quite early in the first half that it was going to be an issue. Why that long a wait?

Way to much groping around in the dark going on here. All kinds of catastrophe theories gaining traction when none of us REALLY know what is going on.

Maybe there is a very simple explanation that we are not privy to. Maybe it's just a case of riding through this dodgy spell and getting back on an even keel.

Remember how after losing three on the trot to Liverpool, Watford and Inter last season we went on a run of 16 wins, 3 draws and just 3 defeats from our next 22 games in all competitions up to Boxing Day?

So much can turn on one game, so let's not chuck our toys out the pram just yet.

As the great Jimmy Greaves once said, football is a funny old game.

Keep the faith.

Thank you, some sense at last about our team.

You would have to admit though, things don’t feel right. I am loathe to comment in the negative but this is the case you’d agree, right?

I think things are not going as normal i agree, however some of the over the top guesswork is crazy. We know there were many reasons for our form last season ( injurys, loss of form for several players etc), this season we have not played well but still got four points ( of course we all wanted more) but for gods sake lets hold back on the Last Rites post.

But he's the guy that said multiple times he might leave if Spurs won the Champions League.

Tbh from reading Poch's book it's pointless to ascribe any logic to what he is thinking.
The guy I thought was pretty sensible has a lot of weird ideas and ways of thinking about things.
Things might feel unsettled to him simply due the bad crop of lemons he currently has.
This is not a prelude to bashing him because he is 'different' ?.......i hope not.

Its weird, up until now there has been plenty of (VALID!) reason for our poor performances. Last season was hugely anomalous in how hard we had it in terms of stadia/suspension/injuries etc.

However, thats past. We've had a good pre season. We have strengthened the squad, we have fit players, all summer was about how fit and fast Kane was looking. Personally I thought we came into the season looking ripe to take it by storm.

Really, there are no reasons why not. And yet, here we are. With Poch seemingly dropping the ball, because honestly theres no other tangible reason for the performances.
I agree about pre-season, and last seasons 'slump' had some reasoning you could reconcile (although that's being lumped together with the 3 games this season for full effect), so is this all boiling down to 90 minutes versus Saudi Sportswashing Machine as we got pass Villa and knicked a point at the champions?

Back