• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

mzeou90bjnfa1.jpg
Clearly the words of a man who’s been f’d over by Levy /Enic terminating his contract..

Clearly the words of a man who’s been f’d over by Levy /Enic terminating his contract..
F'd over?.... He's just likely had a decent portion of his contract paid up and any contract he secures next year is likely to see him quids in compared to if he had merely gone out on loan.

Pretty complimentary Tbh unless you are being sarcastic

The threads taken a hilarious turn TBH, fans that didn't rate Doherty now using him as some kind of point scoring martyr to have a pop at the club....again.

At one time he was used as an example of how the club were crap in the market at buying poor RWBs and now he is gone he is being used by the same fans that slated him as a stick to best the club with.

Laughable

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Not me.
He is like the tossers who move into an area, over-bid ten times the value for a house, and subsequently cause the stable base of said-areas to be shoved out by over-inflating prices to ensure only a certain type of buyer will have access to said-houses. His behaviour is fudging disgraceful IMO.
While I’m here, can I also ask for us never to get blood money owners either?

You can ask, sure. Likewise, I dearly hope we get a Boehly one day - someone who acts like that is someone who puts his own club winning things first and foremost above all other considerations, with the benefit of not being a blood money owner either.

He and his consortium seem like the ideal owners - Wealthy, ambitious, not murderers.

Coulda been us, but ENIC turned them down. Now we faff around while they blow up the market.

I hope we get an owner like that, more than anything mate. Everything they do shows up ENIC.

Pretty complimentary Tbh unless you are being sarcastic

The threads taken a hilarious turn TBH, fans that didn't rate Doherty now using him as some kind of point scoring martyr to have a pop at the club....again.

At one time he was used as an example of how the club were crap in the market at buying poor RWBs and now he is gone he is being used by the same fans that slated him as a stick to best the club with.

Laughable

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Fickle fans who just bitch at everything.

You can ask, sure. Likewise, I dearly hope we get a Boehly one day - someone who acts like that is someone who puts his own club winning things first and foremost above all other considerations, with the benefit of not being a blood money owner either.

He and his consortium seem like the ideal owners - Wealthy, ambitious, not murderers.

Coulda been us, but ENIC turned them down. Now we faff around while they blow up the market.

I hope we get an owner like that, more than anything mate. Everything they do shows up ENIC.
Everything they do is what is wrong with football now.

I think Boehly’s a disgrace, frankly.

Haven't read through the full thread so I may be posting something that's already been posted/disproven but...

If the story that we terminated his contract because we didn't realise the rules on maximum loans is true, and the BBC reported it as fact on Tuesday night, that's beyond unprofessional and is unforgivable. Someone should get a very serious arse kicking for that.

Wish Doherty all the best. On the whole, he's been pretty mediocre for us. Not great, not terrible. Wish him all the best - what an opportunity for him.

More so or less so than your average sheikh?

Nope. Don’t care for them either. Boehly is not (I would guess) on their personal trajectory as a human being. No, I was referring to the obscene expenditure and general fudging of the market for at least the next couple of windows, if not longer.

I think Boehly’s a disgrace, frankly.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-implement-style-contract-policy-club.html

as early as aug 2022, boehly was clear in his intention to bring US style long contracts to tie down young talents.
i think its interesting to see someone innovating - and cleverly not infringing on fair play rules - yet!
they've managed to secure some of the world's best young talents and the experiment is just starting, but you can't say its crazy if these ideas work in the US.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-implement-style-contract-policy-club.html

as early as aug 2022, boehly was clear in his intention to bring US style long contracts to tie down young talents.
i think its interesting to see someone innovating - and cleverly not infringing on fair play rules - yet!
they've managed to secure some of the world's best young talents and the experiment is just starting, but you can't say its crazy if these ideas work in the US.

I think my simple issue with him is that he has blown prices way out of proportion, and the market will reflect that for some time.US sports operates on a different system. You don’t see transfer fees in the NFL or MLB, it is salary caps. Accurate as it is factually to say he is not infringing on fair play, I think you can safely say he is bending lax rules as far as possible. Look up the last deal he just did; sneaky.

Back