• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

It kind of does if as has been speculated we've paid or will pay a decent amount of wages that were contractually owed to him. At the same time he may well have seen the writing on the wall. He couldn't really get in the side despite the competition being Spence who never got games or Emerson who is clearly unsuited to a WB role. Add a new 42m attacking WB, the Conte's choice...is there any point in him staying at that point?

5 month contract plus whatever he got from Spurs and he'll see what his situation in the summer is.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We'll see in the summer.

Doesn't make sense him only signing a 5 month contract with atletico though.
Hence my statements earlier about it being very likely that the club have paid up a decent portion of his contract for him to go.... His downside risk (injury) is then reduced and he has potential for upside if he finds a contract worth more than (say) £35k a week this summer.

Hence my statements earlier about it being very likely that the club have paid up a decent portion of his contract for him to go.... His downside risk (injury) is then reduced and he has potential for upside if he finds a contract worth more than (say) £35k a week this summer.

Hence my comments i think he signed a precontract to come back to spurs.
Cancel his contract, he signs to join atletico, he signs a precontract to rejoin spurs, all in 5 mins. Everyone happy.

We'll see.

we also didn’t have to “get rid” of Doherty at all maybe we decided to do the right thing by him as he was keen on a move to Athletico.

It would've left us one player over our non-homegrown limit for the CL squad. So you would assume that either Doherty or Sarr would've missed out. I think that it is better for him to move than stay and be surplus to requirements

Hence my comments i think he signed a precontract to come back to spurs.
Cancel his contract, he signs to join atletico, he signs a precontract to rejoin spurs, all in 5 mins. Everyone happy.

We'll see.
I don't really understand why you think we would want him back? He was clearly 2nd choice and we have now invested quite heavily in a first choice attacking RWB as well as still having Spence on the books. I don't think even Conte thinks he need 4 RWBs on the books [emoji28]

I don't really understand why you think we would want him back? He was clearly 2nd choice and we have now invested quite heavily in a first choice attacking RWB as well as still having Spence on the books. I don't think even Conte thinks he need 4 RWBs on the books [emoji28]

Mostly based on ally golds comments that it was meant to be emerson that leaves this window. He was only 2nd choice when coming back from injury. Before and since he seems first choice with rotation.

Back