• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mario Gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mario Gómez

couldnt give a brick if he sits on his arse for 89 mins but bangs one in on the 90th min. goals win games, just ask Bale when he bangs one in.

Do you guys really think a Gordon Durie or a Paul dingdongov is what we need ? You know, someone that will run around a bit as goals is not enough (still fudging cringe at that statement when I see people type it)

Its about signing the right player to benefit the rest of the team.....Dubai made excellent points in his post. I think Gomez on his day is unplayable and sometimes he is just invisible or looks out of place on a footie pitch.

It all depends on what avb is planning in regards to style.......personally I feel Gomez is better suited to Italian/Spanish league (slower build up play)

We need someone in the central cf position to have strength/pace good touch/movement linking others into play. assuming we go 4-3-3. I don't think we are in for Gomez for the reasons Dubai mentioned although I could be wrong - would not be upset if we signed him - still better than what we have.

Its about signing the right player to benefit the rest of the team.....Dubai made excellent points in his post. I think Gomez on his day is unplayable and sometimes he is just invisible or looks out of place on a footie pitch.

It all depends on what avb is planning in regards to style.......personally I feel Gomez is better suited to Italian/Spanish league (slower build up play)

We need someone in the central cf position to have strength/pace good touch/movement linking others into play. assuming we go 4-3-3. I don't think we are in for Gomez for the reasons Dubai mentioned although I could be wrong - would not be upset if we signed him - still better than what we have.

then gets a chance on goal and fluff's it wide. I'd rather have someone that can convert chances, call me old fashioned. Goals win games.

Can you remember Bale getting an almost last min winner against Southampton last season ? Hopefully you can, and hopefully you can remember he played rank, but won us 3 pts. You dont need me to tell you why.

That's what win's games, not some brut on steriods running about pretending to be a striker, just ask Heskey.

then gets a chance on goal and fluff's it wide. I'd rather have someone that can convert chances, call me old fashioned. Goals win games.

Can you remember Bale getting an almost last min winner against Southampton last season ? Hopefully you can, and hopefully you can remember he played rank, but won us 3 pts. You dont need me to tell you why.

That's what win's games, not some brut on steriods running about pretending to be a striker, just ask Heskey.

Yeah I get your point and I agree with your sentiments, someone with the blend of the above who can convert!!!!!!!

but I do believe a cf can be prolific and defend from the front i.e Cavani.....I don't think Gomez fits into that bracket. I know we cant get Cavani obviously but there must be someone more suited than Gomez for a high octane style of play.

Last season we would have faired even better with Gomez I get your point - I don't think your old fashioned I just think there may be stikers out there that could give us 15 plus goals next season while giving the likes of bale more room to manoeuvre by having decent movement - thus benefitting the team more...

I certainly would not be moody if we signed him I just think he is not on our radar..... I may be wrong and personally would prefer benteke.

couldnt give a brick if he sits on his arse for 89 mins but bangs one in on the 90th min. goals win games, just ask Bale when he bangs one in.

Do you guys really think a Gordon Durie or a Paul dingdongov is what we need ? You know, someone that will run around a bit as goals is not enough (still fudging cringe at that statement when I see people type it)

Is this an attempted wind-up?

If not it's just a straw man. I don't see how anything that has been said here indicates that people want a Durie or dingdongov type player.

Bale against Southampton is not a good comparison to what Gomez offers to a team. He's not a player that does that.

Goals win games, someone who scores goals and also creates chances for his teammates is better for the team than someone who only scores goals. This is not rocket science, cringe all you want.

Is this an attempted wind-up?

If not it's just a straw man. I don't see how anything that has been said here indicates that people want a Durie or dingdongov type player.

Bale against Southampton is not a good comparison to what Gomez offers to a team. He's not a player that does that.

Goals win games, someone who scores goals and also creates chances for his teammates is better for the team than someone who only scores goals. This is not rocket science, cringe all you want.

Ignore the rest of that crap you just spouted, just focus on that. You'll go far.

Yeah I get your point and I agree with your sentiments, someone with the blend of the above who can convert!!!!!!!

but I do believe a cf can be prolific and defend from the front i.e Cavani.....I don't think Gomez fits into that bracket. I know we cant get Cavani obviously but there must be someone more suited than Gomez for a high octane style of play.

Last season we would have faired even better with Gomez I get your point - I don't think your old fashioned I just think there may be stikers out there that could give us 15 plus goals next season while giving the likes of bale more room to manoeuvre by having decent movement - thus benefitting the team more...

I certainly would not be moody if we signed him I just think he is not on our radar..... I may be wrong and personally would prefer benteke.

It appears that he has gone to Fiorentina but I wanna bring a point up the one you made in bold.

Whilst I agree it would be great to get a striker who can be prolific and defend from the front, with our limited funds and clout it is high on impossibel to get a perfect player. Cavani would have cost 50m - even Chelscum couldnt afford that.

With 15-20m you will buy a striker but they will have good and bad attributes it just depends which attributes you prioritise. Someone who can score 30 goals and does not much else or someone who scored 10 and can defend and create? You want a player who scores 30 goals, defends from the front and creates? then we gotta shell out 50m and bring in Cavani or RVP or someone else.

It appears that he has gone to Fiorentina but I wanna bring a point up the one you made in bold.

Whilst I agree it would be great to get a striker who can be prolific and defend from the front, with our limited funds and clout it is high on impossibel to get a perfect player. Cavani would have cost 50m - even Chelscum couldnt afford that.

With 15-20m you will buy a striker but they will have good and bad attributes it just depends which attributes you prioritise. Someone who can score 30 goals and does not much else or someone who scored 10 and can defend and create? You want a player who scores 30 goals, defends from the front and creates? then we gotta shell out 50m and bring in Cavani or RVP or someone else.

I don't know what avb expects from a striker......for 15-20m I would hope we can unearth a gem. 15 plus goals and a decent amount of assists is what can be hoped for.
I Know we cant shell out 50m its tough......

who would you go for???? im at a loss at the moment - benteke is gonna be too expensive and we don't seem to be In for Bony..........and I don't think I can stomach mor Damaio to spurs rumours.

I don't know what avb expects from a striker......for 15-20m I would hope we can unearth a gem. 15 plus goals and a decent amount of assists is what can be hoped for.
I Know we cant shell out 50m its tough......

who would you go for???? im at a loss at the moment - benteke is gonna be too expensive and we don't seem to be In for Bony..........and I don't think I can stomach mor Damaio to spurs rumours.

I cant think of any - they really are at a premium. Unless we know how much we actually have to spend, which I imagine must be a sustantial amount as we cant be stupid to pay 17m on a midfielder when clearly a striker should be our priority, then I cant really think of many strikers. Gomez went for 17m which aint too bad for someone who, if nothing else, is a fairly prolific finisher.

I havent seen Leandro so any opinion would be worthless. I would take Torres for 20m in all seriousness but I suspect he may go back to AM alongside Villa. Maybe Dzeko? Man bricky may well sell. Higuain? I think we can striker a deal whereby Real reject Arse offer accept ours and in return they get Bale in the next two years

Bayern have agreed a deal in principle to sell Gomez to Fiorentina for an undisclosed fee and the striker is understood to be on the verge of signing a four-year contract with the Serie A club.

The Germany international scored 112 goals in over four seasons with Bayern, but played second fiddle to Mario Mandzukic for large parts of last term.

"This is a fundamental step for my career," Gomez told Bayern's official TV channel. "In this moment, I have mixed emotions.

"It's a pity leaving behind many friends and a similar team. But I love football and I love playing.

"It's difficult leaving the best club in the world, but I want to play more. In Florence, they play a spectacular and offensive game.

"Bayern gave me the Champions League, which is the best thing a player could wish for."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11866/8814059/Mario-Gomez-has-mixed-emotions-about-leaving-Bayern-Munich-for-Fiorentina

Bayern have agreed a deal in principle to sell Gomez to Fiorentina for an undisclosed fee and the striker is understood to be on the verge of signing a four-year contract with the Serie A club.

The Germany international scored 112 goals in over four seasons with Bayern, but played second fiddle to Mario Mandzukic for large parts of last term.

"This is a fundamental step for my career," Gomez told Bayern's official TV channel. "In this moment, I have mixed emotions.

"It's a pity leaving behind many friends and a similar team. But I love football and I love playing.

"It's difficult leaving the best club in the world, but I want to play more. In Florence, they play a spectacular and offensive game.

"Bayern gave me the Champions League, which is the best thing a player could wish for."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11866/8814059/Mario-Gomez-has-mixed-emotions-about-leaving-Bayern-Munich-for-Fiorentina

nice attitude

we could have done with this guy, and if we had really tried maybe could have got him

=D> Someone talking sense at last

Thing is, Bale playing rank and only just grabbing us a winner by the skin of our teeth isn't a good example for why we should buy Gomez. I'd rather have players who performed consistently than players who play crap and then produce a moment on brilliance on occasion.

What wins games is goals. What produces goals more often is players who play well consistently, as even if they themselves do not score, they are more likely to aid a team mate in scoring.

Those of you that are repeating that goals win games and scoring goals is the end all and be all of judging a striker:

Would you have Darren Bent back?

Those of you that are repeating that goals win games and scoring goals is the end all and be all of judging a striker:

Would you have Darren Bent back?

Straw man argument. When did Darren Bent last score 40 in a season?
Lazy comparison. A player who couldn't get a start for Villa, and one who has been banging in goals in Chmapions League semi's against Barcelona in the previous season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back