• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manor Solomon

great to have, quality skill, confident on the ball, always shows for the pass and reads others runs

this is a looong season (even without europe) and he'll be playing a lot i feel

Bump for Solomon as saw he was being discussed elsewhere.

After a nervy start and some poor passes thought he grew in confidence throughout the game. Looks much better on the left but did pop up centrally a little bit too.

I was out and about for the game and haven't even watched the highlights yet but lovely to see him starting, grabbing two assists on his full PL debut isn't a bad start.

I had mentioned in a few posts about not really understanding the signing given the competition for the front line but looks like he was a big part of what went well today so that's great to see! My hesitancy was probably borne of the lack of sales, obviously Ange must have wanted him for good reason.

I was out and about for the game and haven't even watched the highlights yet but lovely to see him starting, grabbing two assists on his full PL debut isn't a bad start.

I had mentioned in a few posts about not really understanding the signing given the competition for the front line but looks like he was a big part of what went well today so that's great to see! My hesitancy was probably borne of the lack of sales, obviously Ange must have wanted him for good reason.
There's room for improvement but I think he offers more off the ball than Son and Kulu in that he presses with more conviction. Like I say he got better as the game went on so will be interesting who we got with when you add Brennan to the list of options.

Have just watched the full first 45 minutes, after a few calling out Solomon for criticism I was watching him with interest. He was quiet to begin with but grew into the game and was one of our more threatening attackers. As I suspected it would be, much fuss about nothing.

Personally I think he looks more suited to Ange ball in the wide forward roles than Kulu. Once Johnson has got his feet under the table, I'm sensing Kulu is going to be the odd one out more often than not....

There's room for improvement but I think he offers more off the ball than Son and Kulu in that he presses with more conviction. Like I say he got better as the game went on so will be interesting who we got with when you add Brennan to the list of options.
All 3 could press with more conviction. You can see that they hesitate and wait for the pass and then press, rather than either marking the open player or anticipating the pass.
I'm hoping Johnson <<<not inexpensive>>>is better than Solomon <<<free>>>.

All 3 could press with more conviction. You can see that they hesitate and wait for the pass and then press, rather than either marking the open player or anticipating the pass.
I'm hoping Johnson <<<not inexpensive>>>is better than Solomon <<<free>>>.
I think that is the point. The idea is to allow the opposition to make passes to players in certain positions and then press. If the opposition's players close to their own goal are all marked then they will often just go long.

I think that is the point. The idea is to allow the opposition to make passes to players in certain positions and then press. If the opposition's players close to their own goal are all marked then they will often just go long.

Yeh absolutely, you press aimlessly and you get passed around. If you let the ball make it wide and press as a 3, you limit the options, aided by the touchline restricting an out.

Yeh absolutely, you press aimlessly and you get passed around. If you let the ball make it wide and press as a 3, you limit the options, aided by the touchline restricting an out.

I don't think you can do it all the time. Has to be synced aswell. 1 goes all go. Not just the front. Cut off passing routes to midfield.

Can leave us exposed though.

But loving it so far.

I thought Solomons introduction was disruptive. In pre season and previous games we saw udogie, son, maddison and sometimes sarr and bissouma bomb down that wing relentlessly and effortlessly.

At Burnley he seemed to get into Maddisons way and uncertain about his role at the beginning.

Got much better with time though. Better pressing and a few tackles and interceptions. For a small guy, he looks stronger and wins mire tackles than Richarlison!

He has a good eye for goal though. I believe he has earned his right to start there again.

I read that he's missed a bit of training and may be a bit behind the others in fitness and understanding of the plan, few more games will hopefully see the wisdom of buy him, been waiting weeks to use that.

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...am-quartet-in-Premier-League-Team-of-the-Week

Rounding off the midfield is Manor Solomon, who garnered a WhoScored rating of 8.96 in Tottenham's win at Burnley. The summer signing provided two assists at Turf Moor, both for Son Heung-Min, to cap a fine first league start for the north London side. The pair of assists came from five key passes in total to go with three dribbles and two tackles to mark a superb outing from the 24-year-old.

Overall good performance vs Sheff Utd but wasteful...thought he could have done better in for his final ball be it a pass or a shot at goal. Lots of action so far but needs to improve on quality.

Hope Paratici is already looking at his backup/challenger as it's likely we won't renew Perisic.

Predominant routine is a mirror of the Arjen Robben style of play - hustle and bustle down the left wing and then cut back inside onto his right foot.

But Robben could absolutely plant the ball into the goal. Solomon needs to become more productive - assists are fine, if not actual goals - in order to keep his starting role. His replacement, Perisic, helped create both Spurs goals vs Sheff U, but he's not a long-term solution.

Predominant routine is a mirror of the Arjen Robben style of play - hustle and bustle down the left wing and then cut back inside onto his right foot.

But Robben could absolutely plant the ball into the goal. Solomon needs to become more productive - assists are fine, if not actual goals - in order to keep his starting role. His replacement, Perisic, helped create both Spurs goals vs Sheff U, but he's not a long-term solution.

He gets shots off, he passes, yes needs to be a bit more effective but it's his 2nd start?

I actually like the mix with him and Perisic, so different, must be a fudging nightmare to adapt/adjust as the opposition. I could see us keeping Perisic another year (if he wants and is ok with not playing full games)

Just think he needs to improve on his final pass, and decision making. Lots of huff and puff and puts in a shift.

Think he can be improved upon. Good squad filler option.

Back