• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Neil Lennon, the man who started their current run of 7 league titles in a row, back in charge of Celtic.

What a weird appointment. I'm sure he's been waiting for a decent job to come up for a while now but it's a strange choice. Best scenario is they give him loads of money to buy players and they get themselves ahead of the Wolves, Watford and Everton sides around 7th or 8th. Anything other than that and their fans will start moaning!

In context of continuing Puels work to transition them to the next gen it makes sense. Rodgers favours a more footballing side and works well with youth.

Though it begs the question, why sack Puel?

Well, it seems, because Vardy and the old guard didnt like him.

Which then begs the question - why Rodgers? Because the chances are they wont be happy with him either...

Rodgers is the better-fit PR wise for the club and the whole Liverpool thing will work with players, for a while anyway.
They will 'just' sack him if don't work.

Its an odd one.

Lets be honest, the most Leicester can hope for is "best of the rest". Which means 7th!

With Watford, Everton and Wolves competing for it and having the same sort of potential.

Its a mid table job, and thats it. A nothing job.

Probably well played, maybe with occasional EUROPA and/or a cup run.

I think it says, really, he knows he isnt getting a top job again.

One of my Celtic supporting mates text me last night, not a happy bunny.
He hoped Leicester would send a helicopter to get brendon, well he called him traitorous bastard actually.
Took me a while to get it.

Honestly think he is jumping ship because Celtic have literally nothing to offer him.

He has won 7 out of 7 competitions, at a canter. With no money to spend. With Scott Sinclair as his big star buy! Domestically there is no challenge, and in europe they dont stand a chance. Its a ridiculous situation and clearly not one any manager can improve upon.

He could stay up there, win 10 trophies, 20.... but he will always be "that manager that wins in a 1 horse race and fails against any decent team".

As much as I hate Gerrard, he has it right. Go up there, prove your chops (in theory!), then move on to a better job in England or elsewhere (where in Gerrards case he'll likely get found out in short order).

Its not a place for an established or decent manager.

Rodgers hasnt had any better options than Leicester. And it says it all when the Scottish champions dont hold up against a midtable PL nothing team.

Its an odd one.

Lets be honest, the most Leicester can hope for is "best of the rest". Which means 7th!

With Watford, Everton and Wolves competing for it and having the same sort of potential.

Its a mid table job, and thats it. A nothing job.

Probably well played, maybe with occasional EUROPA and/or a cup run.

I think it says, really, he knows he isnt getting a top job again.

I think it could be a masterstroke for Rodgers actually; if he gets Leicester into Europe/takes them far in cup competitions i could see him getting a better job further down the line. His defence might be kamikaze though, but the attacking play might really get interesting for Leicester fans.

Of course, he'll likely talk his usual gonad*s though

He'll certainly talk gonad*s. Ive seen headlines since yesterday that suggest he already has!

Its a step on from Celtic, which says a lot about them. But I agree, I highly doubt Leicester are the peak of his ambitions.

I must say managing in Scotland is good reason to try and manage anybody in the championship let alone the EPL!

Bye fulham, thanks for reducing the price on the Sessegnon's. Oh and if you don't mind we may as well take Mitrovic off you as well.

It's going to end no better with Parker managing.

Back