• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

I think Puel is unfortunate though, they are about 20 places higher than they should be.

When we played them the other week I thought it was clear he was managing them through transition. The old guard being left out and a newer younger strategy being played. I didnt think they were particularly good, but did think in a season or so they could be. Some interesting talent on show.

While he seems to be a spectacularly dull person, Id say he was doing a very good (and difficult) job. Though it would appear the dressing room was never really with him - I see shades of Chelsea/John Terry in Leicester/Vardy...

No, not even close imo.

I want Rodgers back as he will inevitably consign them to where they belong whilst saying absolutely ridiculous things every time a mic is put in front of him.

Rodgers is hilarious. I cant stand him, but he is funny.

A few years losing his edge in Scotland - could be a lot of fun to see him back in the premiership.

Last time he had Suarez and Sturridge on form and still roostered it up, imagine him with the Leicester squad...

Rodgers will do a good job with Leicester. But mid-table is their level.
Puel was doing a good job but not getting the results.
I think their players eased him out the door.

Actually dont think he would.

Leicester are a counter attacking and direct team.

Rodgers isnt that manager.

Leicester are in the grip of older players who are wed to that style.

Rodgers and his envelopes wont win them round.

It would be more of the same, IMHO, might as well have stuck with Puel.

Also, Rodgers is a monumental knob. If the players didnt like Puel, I cant see them warming to Rodgers.

Because he is a pretentious and egomaniacal bellend, who isnt actually the gods gift to management he thinks he is.

A decent manager, sure. Not what Leicester want or need though.

Would be more appropriate to go somewhere like Bournemouth with Howes moves on to bigger and better things.

I thought everybody had BR picture in their hall?

BritishRailSymbol.jpg

Brendan Rodgers is expected to become Leicester City's manager after Celtic gave him permission to speak to the Premier League club.

The Northern Irishman, 46, took training on Monday but the Foxes are keen to install a successor to the sacked Claude Puel as soon as possible.

Rodgers has won seven domestic trophies out of seven in his time in Glasgow.

First-team coach John Kennedy is set to take charge of Celtic for Wednesday's Scottish Premiership trip to Hearts.

Former Liverpool boss Rodgers cut short a BBC interview when asked about the Leicester vacancy after the champions' win over Motherwell on Sunday.

They are eight points clear of nearest rivals Rangers in the league as they chase an eighth successive title in all.

Rodgers, 46, has won two Scottish Premierships, three Scottish League Cups and two Scottish Cups since arriving at Parkhead in the summer of 2016.

They reached the group stages of the Champions League in his first two seasons, but were knocked out in the third qualifying round by AEK Athens this term amid unrest between Rodgers and the Celtic board over a failure to strengthen the squad last summer.

Last week, they bowed out of the Europa League at the last-32 stage for the second successive season, losing to Valencia.

Puel was dismissed after 16 months in charge following Saturday's 4-1 defeat by Crystal Palace.

The 57-year-old Frenchman left the club 12th in the Premier League having lost five of their past six league games.

First-team coaches Mike Stowell and Adam Sadler were put in temporary charge. Leicester play Brighton at home in the Premier League on Tuesday (19:45 GMT).

They are moving quickly, credit to them for that.

Cant believe Rodgers has only been up there 2.5 years, seems longer.

Still think his style doesnt jive with the existing lot, Vardy and co. Its more in line with what Puel was working toward.

So if Rodgers comes in and persists with the like of Gray, Barnes etc - what then?

Doesn't seem like Celtic are making much effort to convince him to stay?
Probably tempted by the compensation and I think they’d prefer some fresh blood in as they’ve been arguing about transfer budget.
Although Neil Lennon is hardly fresh blood!
Perfect time for Brenton, just as the league started to get competitive he leaves winning every domestic trophy he entered.
I guess you can’t wait for ever, Everton wouldn’t be an option so I suppose this is the biggest budget he will be offered to come back to the Prem. I’m not sure what Leicester’s definition of success will be as Puel has them performing at par whilst trying to blood new players. I wonder what Puels next job will be, as I thought Southampton sacked him harshly too.

For any sane person, that is their level. Problem is that both their imbecile fans and board believe they should be top 6/7 and in Europe every year. So basically, every manager going there, will fail and get fired.

Was their meteoric rise from relegation favourites to the top of the league and immediately back down into the ranks of the also-rans ever properly investigated from ... how should I say ...? a biochemical standpoint?

Back