• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Fails in a Championship side so that makes him a good fit for a PL side apparently

Former Sheffield Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal is being considered for Swansea's vacant manager job

Might be old news but I heard that Gary Monk told Steve Gibson that he needed a day or two off to attend to a sick family member. Turns out he was actually meeting Swansea about their vacancy. Gibson found out, and asked him to leave after their win at the weekend.
He left Leeds under a cloud too didn't he?

motivationdemotivator.jpeg

And

YouAreSpecial.jpg

Are also on my shopping list.

Don't need motivation in modern British management, just apply the good old methods that were so successful for our generals in the WW1.

Fails in a Championship side so that makes him a good fit for a PL side apparently

Former Sheffield Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal is being considered for Swansea's vacant manager job

Failed to get them up, took them to the play offs twice (final once?) and made them a very good and credible championship side though.

Seemed to sour in the summer and this has been inevitable.

Im not sure he "failed", though he didnt meet their expectations - came real close though.

That said, Im not sure he is the man for the job either. I guess his appointment might be with one eye on being in the Championship next season, possibly a canny move...

Might be old news but I heard that Gary Monk told Steve Gibson that he needed a day or two off to attend to a sick family member. Turns out he was actually meeting Swansea about their vacancy. Gibson found out, and asked him to leave after their win at the weekend.
He left Leeds under a cloud too didn't he?

I couldnt tell you why, but Ive always had the over riding impression the man is a total clam. And the more I see/hear the more that impression gets affirmed.

I have this:

winnersdemotivator.jpeg

And this:

cluelessnessdemotivator.jpeg

...in my office.

A long gone director who thought I was too cynical actually congratulated me in joining his band of douchebags when he saw them. Shows how much attention any of these vacuous clams actually pays them.

I'm tempted to get this one soon, but I think it makes the others more obviously fake:

lovedemotivator.jpeg

I have found the perfect personality test for you

http://www.andrewlipson.com/lstest.html

I have found the perfect personality test for you

http://www.andrewlipson.com/lstest.html
Interesting:

ILIE (Grand Vizier)
The I LIE has probably carved a ruthless trail to the top, but left no evidence of it. At least, if you find the bodies you're in very bad trouble. Highly adept at serving their own ends, I LIEs are not people to be on the wrong side of. Here is someone who has made the system work for them (examples: Sir Humphrey, Lex Luthor).

ICIE (Torturer)

A sadistic type who, rather than building an evil empire (though that may be a fringe benefit), devotes their time and considerable talents to making the world as unpleasant as possible. Often found in charge of human resources or very very large software companies.

Can't argue with that.

ICIE (Torturer)

A sadistic type who, rather than building an evil empire (though that may be a fringe benefit), devotes their time and considerable talents to making the world as unpleasant as possible. Often found in charge of human resources or very very large software companies.

Can't argue with that.

#metoo although I wouldn't be found dead in human resources. I remember when our HR department used to be one drawer in a filing cabinet.

Last edited:
Back