• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

It'd be quite funny if AVB went to Inter as he would have the exact same problem he had at Chelsea: too many old players that are used to winning things, that are now past their prime, that need to be moved on. Dunno how tacotish their top players would be compared to the likes of Terry and Lampard though, might be a bit easier for him there.

We should raid Inter Milan for the following players

Lucio
Samuel
Milito
Sneijder
Pazzini
Lucio and Samuel are past their best now, Inter's defence has been well dodgy this season. I really wish we had signed Milito at some point, I think he'd bang them in in the PL, but time isn't on his side now. I'd still take him if it was cheap though :D

Ranieri has now been sacked 4 times in 8 years, and has resigned from two other jobs in that time too. 6 clubs in 8 years!?!?!? What's amazing is that it's not like he's just some journeyman who will take a job with anyone who's stupid enough to give him one, he's been managing the likes of Inter, Valencia, Juventus, Roma and Chelsea. Amazing how someone with so little to show for it can keep getting the big jobs.

I'd be surprised if they don't go for AVB and carry out a comprehensive transition seeing they have a rather ageing squad very much on the decline

r.e. Sneijder - I'm 95% certain he'd be at OT next having made all the right noises so far. We don't stand half a chance with his wage demands

Despite the obvious links to AC, wouldn't Capello be a decent shout for Inter?

Lucio and Samuel are past their best now, Inter's defence has been well dodgy this season. I really wish we had signed Milito at some point, I think he'd bang them in in the PL, but time isn't on his side now. I'd still take him if it was cheap though :D

I would too, an old experienced head, he would be my upgrade on Saha though, not a replacement for Ade

Would you take Dzeko over Ade? I'd be tempted.

I don't think we've seen close to the best of Dzeko yet (unfortunately). I know he started slow at City but then was on fire for a while and has now gone back a bit. The rotation policy hasn't helped him I suppose.
Is he on the usual 200k a week nonsense?

Last edited:
I'd take him in a heartbeat. Exceptionally strong aerially and could finish with either foot. Very good striker all-round.

Saw him live once and he was an absolute beast of a player

But he's a bit slow and isn't particularly skilful. He's a better finisher than Ade but I'd rather have Ade in the team based around our style of play.

Ranieri has now been sacked 4 times in 8 years, and has resigned from two other jobs in that time too. 6 clubs in 8 years!?!?!? What's amazing is that it's not like he's just some journeyman who will take a job with anyone who's stupid enough to give him one, he's been managing the likes of Inter, Valencia, Juventus, Roma and Chelsea. Amazing how someone with so little to show for it can keep getting the big jobs.

Him and Sven must have one hell of an agent. Just think of all those pay outs, those two must be the most successful managers of all time :ross:

Ranieri isn't that bad, he is a bit of a nearly man, a step or two below a proper winner. He's been a little bit unlucky with some of his sackings. 2nd in the league with Chelsea in the first year of the Abramovich money wasn't a disaster, did well to save Parma from relegation, got Juve 3rd then 2nd in their first two seasons back in the top flight after relegation but still got sacked, and came within a whisker of beating Mourhino's Inter to the title with a much less expensive Roma side.

Although having defended him a bit there, I'd still not want him to be announced as the new Spurs manager should Harry leave us in the summer :)

But he's a bit slow and isn't particularly skilful. He's a better finisher than Ade but I'd rather have Ade in the team based around our style of play.

I'm not a fan. In that City team the strikers should be scoring for fun. Dzeko's first touch is often criminal and the amount of easy chances he misses would put Robbie Keane to shame!

Ade has been utter pants since Chelsea back in December - wasteful finsher, poor strike conversion rate, terrible first touch. If he fails to improve his form over the next 10 odd games, I'd give him nothing more than 6.5/10 season overall and I'd argue Defoe's impact has been if anything - on par

Last edited:
Back