• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Megson never managed Leicester. I think your referring to Nigel Pearson who left Leicester for Hull City and has not long gone back.

Megson managed Leicester in 2007 and left them for Bolton.

On 13 September 2007, Leicester City chairman Milan Mandarić announced Gary Megson as the new manager of the club, citing Megson's "wealth of experience" as a deciding factor in the appointment. Leicester achieved their first League win under Megson on 6 October 2007 with a 2–0 win over Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough with goals from Gareth McAuley and an own goal by Akpo Sodje.[13]

A month into Megson's tenure at Leicester, Mandarić rejected an approach from Bolton Wanderers for the manager's services.[14] On 23 October however, Bolton announced that Megson was their first choice to become their new manager, and made a second approach for him. The club said they were also willing to compensate Leicester should Megson leave the Walkers Stadium.[15] This second approach was also rejected by Milan Mandarić,[16] but Megson was eventually given permission to speak to Bolton and he left Leicester on 24 October 2007, just 41 days and nine Football League Championship games after his appointment.[17]

Megson never managed Leicester. I think your referring to Nigel Pearson who left Leicester for Hull City and has not long gone back.

Megson managed them in 2007 mate. Left for Bolton after about 6 weeks of taking the job.

there is no loyalty! i have got used to it! that said Megson and Clarke getting sacked with a few months of the season left makes no sense at all. Surely you have more chance of doing well with continuity rather than upheaval and change?

The football world is bonkers! it used to be about success, but its more about how much money the team can earn in the varying levels.

Megson managed Leicester in 2007 and left them for Bolton.

Rah well thats me stood corrected. I had no idea he had ever been there at all, although given the timeframe he spent there its understandable I missed it......41 days?! That must rank up there with Steve Coppell at Emirates Marketing Project, wasn't that something like 34 days?

have to say, that's a good bit of business by Wednesday, that's how you replace your manager, massive upgrade, Jones is the guy Wolves should have hired

have to say, that's a good bit of business by Wednesday, that's how you replace your manager, massive upgrade, Jones is the guy Wolves should have hired

I like jones HOWEVER you surely would wait till end of season and have more chance of promotion

Jones could have been snapped up by then, feel sorry for Megson but Jones is an upgrade and as a chairmen he had take that oppo. Megson will easily get a lower championship / upper league 1 club soon enough.

Jones could have been snapped up by then, feel sorry for Megson but Jones is an upgrade and as a chairmen he had take that oppo. Megson will easily get a lower championship / upper league 1 club soon enough.

Snapped up by whome? and wasnt Jones available for a while? ok granted he may not have wanted the job then and wanted a break from football but im assuming here.

Forest, Ipswich, Coventry, to name just 3 decent sized clubs near the bottom of the championship whose managers would all be under pressure. If any decided to change manager then Jones would be near the top of the list and Wednesday wouldn't be in the running.

Like you say jones has been available for a while, maybe he let it be known he was looking again and Wednesday got wind? You have to take the opportunities to improve when you can, no point being nice about it just because someones done a decent job, if you think the man you could get can do a great job.

I think Megson did a good job at Wednesday, but Jones would have and will do better, I think Wednesday thought the same.

Ranieri Sacked

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1041065/massimo-moratti:-claudio-ranieri-will-remain-until-end-of-season?cc=5901

Inter Milan have sacked coach Ranieri, the day after club president Massimo Moratti had said the former Chelsea, Valencia and Roma boss was to stay in his post until the end of the season.

claudioranieri20120318_275x155.jpg

The Nerazzurri were defeated by 2-0 Juventus on Sunday, to increase the pressure on Ranieri only for Moratti to say: "I think Ranieri will remain until the end of the season."

However, a club statement released on Monday evening confirmed Ranieri's departure, meaning that Inter are looking for their third manager of the season. Gian Piero Gasperini lasted just weeks at the start of the 2011-12 season.

"President Massimo Moratti and Internazionale wish to thank Claudio Ranieri and his staff for the professionalism and commitment they have shown through these past months," the statement said.

Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas remains the favourite to take over full time. Andrea Stramaccioni has been handed the reins for now.

"Inter also announce that they have entrusted the team to Andrea Stramaccioni, the coach who won the first edition of the Next Generation Series," continued the statement.

Inter will almost certainly miss out on the Champions League next season, languishing 10 points behind Lazio in the third and final qualification berth and the Europa League also looks beyond them.

Ranieri, 60, initially looked to have turned the struggling club around as the Italian giants had risen up the table after a woeful start under Gian Piero Gasperini. However, a run of just two wins in their last 13 games and failure to get past Marseille in the last-16 of the Champions League eventually led to the axe.

I guess that means no AVB for us :(

seriously, AVB to take charge of another team of older players? hahahahaha!

Last edited:
Out of the fire and into the frying pan for AVB it seems. That Inter side needs a huge overhaul and the FFP is going to kick them in the nuts too, especially with no CL next season. They've lost half a billion pounds over the past five years!

Awaits 'Ranieri linked with possible Spurs move' story in The Sun by the weekend

Please Levy, not Ranieri. Really! Just no...

Out of the fire and into the frying pan for AVB it seems. That Inter side needs a huge overhaul and the FFP is going to kick them in the nuts too, especially with no CL next season. They've lost half a billion pounds over the past five years!

Inter really look in serious trouble, will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Could Inter be any more neutral.

Mid table, Won 12, Lost 12, Scored 38, Conceded 38

What I find quite interesting/surprising is that they have had a 5 game losing streak this season, that was part of a 9 game without a win streak. Rigth after that though, had an 8 game winning streak.

Back