• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

N'Jie MK3? N'Koudou MK2?

Looks skillful and quick from the Youtube videos, also seems to have a decent shot on him. I'd say we need a bit of explosivity, so I'm somewhat excited by this. Especially if the make him one of the best players in Europe things were actually said. Doesn't sound like another blackbox signing.

Sounds about right really - before the TV money tax he's probably a 10-15m bracket player, hopefully this is third time lucky

I find the talk of "we'll make him a top player in 3 years" interesting, it seems oddly specific - and appropriate for us.

If, like a lot of Brazilians that come to europe, he has an eye on Barca/Madrid then we have pedigree as an ideal stepping stone...

It does, but Id have thought we would want him now.

Sounds like a player that could contribute, or, if not - take the next few months to settle so he has a head start on next season...

(inserts caveat about not having seen him myself, but having read a lot about him from people who have)

Not saying this will happen, but this would be a massive signing IMO. Mostly because it's just not the kind of signing we ever tend to make.

Malcom is a truly elite prospect who has real pace and has been looked at by all of the big clubs. The people who are comparing him to N'Jie and N'Koudou make me laugh. Sure, they were promising-ish young players, but all you need to do is look at their price tags and what other clubs were linked with them before they signed.

Levy gets slated all the time about not getting Poch the real targets that he's after. But if this one gets over the line (like Davinson Sanchez), you have to support Levy for putting up real money and getting Poch real A-List prospects to mold in his image. Whether he works out or not, this is exactly the profile of player we should be looking to sign.

One more thing, how often have people been on this message board talking about how much we need "something different" or "a way for Poch to change it"? It doesn't take an expert to see that Malcom would offer something different to any of our current players in the final third. And if our scouts trust Malcom to be that player, I am all for it. He is fudging rapid and some of his final third passing is insane.

(inserts caveat about not having seen him myself, but having read a lot about him from people who have)

Not saying this will happen, but this would be a massive signing IMO. Mostly because it's just not the kind of signing we ever tend to make.

Malcom is a truly elite prospect who has real pace and has been looked at by all of the big clubs. The people who are comparing him to N'Jie and N'Koudou make me laugh. Sure, they were promising-ish young players, but all you need to do is look at their price tags and what other clubs were linked with them before they signed.

Levy gets slated all the time about not getting Poch the real targets that he's after. But if this one gets over the line (like Davinson Sanchez), you have to support Levy for putting up real money and getting Poch real A-List prospects to mold in his image. Whether he works out or not, this is exactly the profile of player we should be looking to sign.

Is he? Had never heard of him before this window

Yeah, like most people, I started seeing his name pop up on Twitter and on football sites this season. I'm a pretty casual fan who likes following young players, and a lot of the accounts I followed have been raving about him for the last year or so... kinda in the same way they did over Davinson Sanchez. Plus, he's been linked with a lot of huge clubs and is on the verge of a full Brazil cap at age 20. In the summer before he even had his breakout season, he finished at 21 in the L'Equipe list of best young players in the world and will likely shoot up it next year. https://www.lequipe.fr/Top/Football/top-50-foot-u21/12/

Again, none of this is scientific and I get if it's not convincing to some. But I do think that from the outside looking in, you can feel like he's a pretty high level prospect and an exciting one for the future. Especially if he's a player that Poch rates highly and has been tracking for a while, I'd be pretty excited if he signed.

I'd definitely prefer Moura of the two - more explosive and more end product. Cheaper too

One is 25 and the other is 20, I think the younger player has a lot of potential.
It does, but Id have thought we would want him now.

Sounds like a player that could contribute, or, if not - take the next few months to settle so he has a head start on next season...

We might want him now but if the selling club are not willing to let him go now it would make sense to do the next best thing

Yeah, like most people, I started seeing his name pop up on Twitter and on football sites this season. I'm a pretty casual fan who likes following young players, and a lot of the accounts I followed have been raving about him for the last year or so... kinda in the same way they did over Davinson Sanchez. Plus, he's been linked with a lot of huge clubs and is on the verge of a full Brazil cap at age 20. In the summer before he even had his breakout season, he finished at 21 in the L'Equipe list of best young players in the world and will likely shoot up it next year. https://www.lequipe.fr/Top/Football/top-50-foot-u21/12/

Again, none of this is scientific and I get if it's not convincing to some. But I do think that from the outside looking in, you can feel like he's a pretty high level prospect and an exciting one for the future. Especially if he's a player that Poch rates highly and has been tracking for a while, I'd be pretty excited if he signed.

And of course the longer we wait for him to be fully proven the more likely the case we will become out muscled by a richer club

Methinks he is still going to Arsanal. They’ve got the money from Coquelin and Walcott sale and now Sanchez soon. We have to stump that money up front and without selling anyone I just can’t see us doing it in January.

Back