• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

Wasnt he supposed to be signing for the Goons?

Its an odd one, never seen him play, and before last week or so never even heard of him, so its not one Im exactly excited by.

After a little Youtube scouting he looks basically like Lamela to me.

Better dribbling, a bit quicker, but otherwise pretty much like Lamela. Almost completely one footed (left), decent vision, likes coming centrally, takes up very similar positions with similar actions.

Just a little quicker is the main difference. That and he is 5 years younger.

Based on a meeting in London - When we were in Barcelona all week :)

I smell brick

Yes you are probably right.

However...

According to some random poster on the above thread, Poch was back in London on Wednesday night.
And if it is stated by a random poster on twitter, then - obviously - it must be true.

According to the BBC transfer stuff :
"Arsenal’s attempts to sign Malcom are over. Meetings were held but he was eventually deemed too inexperienced by Wenger."

True or not, it's handy that all these rumours to come out in time for Friday lunchtime perusal.

EDIT : IF any truth, it sounds like we wouldn't see him in a Spurs shirt until next season.
"It is not yet clear whether the player will be sold this month and loaned to Bordeaux by the end of the season, or whether the deal will be in July."

Last edited:
#thfc promised Malcom and his representatives that they would make him one of the best players in Europe within three years. [UOL]

.@UOLEsporte | Tottenham Hotspur are close to completing the signing of Bordeaux winger Malcom after agreeing a deal worth €40 million plus €10 million in add-ons. #THFC

#thfc promised Malcom and his representatives that they would make him one of the best players in Europe within three years. [UOL]

Heres the ace in our hand. We can prove it, we have a history of it, the platform to make it happen.

If you are a young, promising player in europe, where else would you go? Honestly, if there are other clubs it has to be a really short list...

N'Jie MK3? N'Koudou MK2?

Looks skillful and quick from the Youtube videos, also seems to have a decent shot on him. I'd say we need a bit of explosivity, so I'm somewhat excited by this. Especially if the make him one of the best players in Europe things were actually said. Doesn't sound like another blackbox signing.

Im curious more than excited. He seems direct but not distinctly fast, so Im not sure he is ticking all the boxes people are looking for.

As I said, seems more in the Lamela mould to me.

saw 20 mins of his last game he looked poor in that.Would rather spend a bit more on Mahrez.Not every transfer needs to be a project.

saw 20 mins of his last game he looked poor in that.Would rather spend a bit more on Mahrez.Not every transfer needs to be a project.

So based on 20 minutes of his last game you came to that conclusion. I hope the scouts watch at least 21 minutes to make a judgement.

Based on a meeting in London - When we were in Barcelona all week :)

I smell brick
Could very well be brick, but no reason why he couldn't have meetings with Spurs representatives in London. The meetings with Poch pre signing seem like shorter affairs and like Glenda pointed out Poch could have been in London for a short meeting.

After a little Youtube scouting he looks basically like Lamela to me.

Better dribbling, a bit quicker, but otherwise pretty much like Lamela. Almost completely one footed (left), decent vision, likes coming centrally, takes up very similar positions with similar actions.

Just a little quicker is the main difference. That and he is 5 years younger.
A quicker younger Lamela sounds like a wonderful signing to me.

A quicker younger Lamela sounds like a wonderful signing to me.

Im certainly not against it. Just no more excited than I was previously. He looks like more of the same, he looks like he has quality, and I always enjoy the prospect of a player developing - its just kind of "whatever" for me.

I didnt see those clips and get blown away by the prospect, put it that way.

Though of course I fully recognise its a minor bit of "scouting" and no more. Should he sign I hope he is the dogs danglies and one to get really excited over.

.@UOLEsporte | Tottenham Hotspur are close to completing the signing of Bordeaux winger Malcom after agreeing a deal worth €40 million plus €10 million in add-ons. #THFC
He probably won't be one of the best players in Tottenham.

Back