• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

He looks good. I guess with the UCL money we can afford to offer a bit more, but now it's public I imagine we won't get another look in. Normally this type of story means that someone in the chain is after more money and are advertising for someone with more money to come in. We don't tend to hear too much about our signing's until they are done, the protracted media stories normally come before said player moves elsewhere.

We don't tend to hear too much about our signing's until they are done, the protracted media stories normally come before said player moves elsewhere.

Sanchez and Aurier were both rumoured for a while before signed and announced. Even if we really are interested though, I think this one will get out of our price range

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

They will probably demand ridiculous money, keep him until the summer, where he will be sold to an Italian club for €18m.

The success, or lack of, of Gorgeous George and Clint, presumably.

But yes it is rather too sweeping.

Both relatively unknown players and probably a "punt" in the transfer market. I believe Malcolm is highly regarded.

Can't see a lot in him that we can't get from further honing Marcus Edwards' talents.

And for the amount he'd cost, can you really see him sitting on the bench and wasting away?? He;d be looking at first team action otherwise he goes the way of GKN in wasting away.

The likes of Lamela and Son would be ahead of him in the pecking order too. Maybe even Sissoko.

So that's two, debatably even four or five, players who would likely be ahead of Malcolm.

Move on.

And for the amount he'd cost, can you really see him sitting on the bench and wasting away?? He;d be looking at first team action otherwise he goes the way of GKN in wasting away.

Ive seen this kind of argument a few time recently (so not trying to pick on you!) and it really kind of annoys me.

GKN has had chances. Same as everyone we have. He hasnt taken them. Unlike those now in front of him.

Poch runs a meritocracy. If you deserve to play, you play. Clearly, GKN doesnt (yet, at least).

If Malcolm, or whoever, came in and deserved it - they would get it. Simple as that.

And given the number of games we have, I can only assume Poch would absolutely love to have 15 players deserving of first team football to make use of. Look how he is with the full backs, there are times this season someone like Malcolm to come into attack would have been a major boost.

I hear ya. And i do agree there is very much a "what goes on on the training field" stance here that fans can't foresee.

I think i was coming more from the stance that it's a position I don't feel we need to strengthen as a priority. I'd love to see us snap up a promising young Brazilian, esp if the rumours being mooted of others clubs sniffing are true. However, I sometimes wonder what message it sends to the likes of Edwards who are trying to break in. Do they see it as just another brick wall being put up? How long will they wait.

Bottom line, as usual, is in Poch we trust right?

Absolutely, Poch has earnt that.

As to Edwards, honestly I dont care.

If we take the "good enough = plays" mantra, then it is simply up to Edwards to be good enough to play. If a bit of competition sees him off then he isnt good enough for us.

Same with any player, academy or otherwise. They need to be good enough to play in the first team, and if they are then Poch has proven he will choose them.

Just look at Winks. Dier, Dembele, Sissoko, Wanyama - arguably Alli/Eriksen all for competition. Hasnt stopped him has it?

Back