• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luis Diaz

Did anyone listen to the podcast? 3 minutes of my life that has no value. Ornstein literally said nothing insightful or meaningful at all. There was nothing there that indicates he had been briefed or fed anything by the club. "The club have lots of targets" - yes, we all know that is how the DoF operates, "might not be the top target" - or might be, who knows? Not you.

Ornstein is stealing a living if he gets paid to report on transfers with this vague, uninformative waffle. Fair play to him.

Haha true. A least he's not making shi1 up. Just being paid to state what we already know.

what if we pay double for them and they all flop?

This is a fair point, but... there's surely more chance of Dybala being a success than Traore. Kessie than say someone on the bench in Serie A, Lazzari over Emerson/Doherty etc.

IMO we have to start reducing the risks of our transfers, still take some punts but going for one or two proven players seems the only way to improve our team imo.

I said going for, not getting ;-)

But I definitely agree with the buy cheap buy twice principle. Doherty being an obvious case in point

Even just Eriksen, Lamela, Berbatov, Modric level (at the time we signed them) would surely improve our first team.
I'm going to be annoyed if we don't make a serious bid for Dybala, who I think would be perfect for us.

Would prob take a lower wage than Ndombele!

This is a fair point, but... there's surely more chance of Dybala being a success than Traore. Kessie than say someone on the bench in Serie A, Lazzari over Emerson/Doherty etc.

IMO we have to start reducing the risks of our transfers, still take some punts but going for one or two proven players seems the only way to improve our team imo.

thats not really the case though. Dybala is far from a sure thing in this league. He could absolutely fail to settle, continue with the injuries his had which hastens his decline, fall out with Conte. Or simply not be physically up to the intensity of the prem.

thats not really the case though. Dybala is far from a sure thing in this league. He could absolutely fail to settle, continue with the injuries his had which hastens his decline, fall out with Conte. Or simply not be physically up to the intensity of the prem.

Yeah that could happen, but at least we would have tried to sign a quality player.

There's always a risk, but imo it's better odds than a bargain basement player miraculously becoming world class.

Yeah that could happen, but at least we would have tried to sign a quality player.

There's always a risk, but imo it's better odds than a bargain basement player miraculously becoming world class.

But it’s not like we don’t do that, Ndombele and Lo celso, we’re players that have preformed with tremendous upsides that we signed for big money… look at them now

I said going for, not getting ;-)

But I definitely agree with the buy cheap buy twice principle. Doherty being an obvious case in point

Problem is buying players that aren't a good fit for our system.

Carefully optimistic about some of the under the radar links to players that aren't that high profile or expensive as long as it's someone Conte sees as an excellent fit.

Much of our success was built on players in the £10-20m range, some even cheaper than that.

Thinking that Doherty would adjust well to a defensive right back role under Mourinho was a mistake. But that would have been just as much a mistake if we had signed a similar player for twice the money.

Reactions: DTA
Based on our recent track record, I would be stunned if we got this deal over the line, I would be impressed but I just do not see it happening

Based on our recent track record, I would be stunned if we got this deal over the line, I would be impressed but I just do not see it happening

Bale, romero, ndombele, lo celso were not small signings going back the last couple of summers. Jan is tougher, we try to do deals in the summer. But i wouldn't rule it out.

Rumours doing the rounds we are close. Valuations just £4m apart....this is Levy, might as well be £40m apart. Going to Lowball again and just miss out

Back