• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Bergvall

Nice. Never heard of him till earlier today but always good to sign a “wonderkid”!
Definitely. Assuming we get it fully over the line of course.

Seems to be really highly rated. Both us and Barca wanting to pay significant money for him coming from Sweden says a bit about how highly he's rated I think.

Still very young and it's a massive step up to the top end of the PL. So may take some time, but seemingly we want him for the first team squad next season so we must think he's ready for some action next season...

This was a pleasant surprise! Not seen much of him, but read a few bits about him. Apparently he's an exceptional talent, and destined to be the best Swedish midfielder since the times of Jonas Thern, Stefan Schwarz and Anders Limpár.

This was a pleasant surprise! Not seen much of him, but read a few bits about him. Apparently he's an exceptional talent, and destined to be the best Swedish midfielder since the times of Jonas Thern, Stefan Schwarz and Anders Limpár.
Jonas thern, there's a name that takes me back!

Not a very high bar :confused: 🤮. Lets just stick with the non-Arsenal ones

He really has
physicality, pace and finishing
he has t okayed at our level yet but is playing CL
he is a cross between son and Kane
chelsea will buy him this summer

Any reason we shouldn't be looking to sign him instead? Guess we have Veliz.

We will see
Nice problem to have
I agree with you. But I also think this is true only up to a point. I don't want us to go the Chelsea route of having a lot of talented academy players, but no realistic route into the first team for them.

Add Bergvall to Devine and Donley. Maddison, Kulusevski, Sarr, Bentancur... We could end up blocking some paths for really talented players. Similar at CB perhaps?

Not that I'm against this signing. Us already having talented young players in those roles shouldn't stop us from signing him if he's seen as truly special. Probably he's seen by the club as really special. Just don't want us to go all Chelsea and also give the academy lads an actual chance of making it. Good thing about Bergvall seems to be that he's quite versatile from what I've read so perhaps less of an issue because of that too.

I agree with you. But I also think this is true only up to a point. I don't want us to go the Chelsea route of having a lot of talented academy players, but no realistic route into the first team for them.

Add Bergvall to Devine and Donley. Maddison, Kulusevski, Sarr, Bentancur... We could end up blocking some paths for really talented players. Similar at CB perhaps?

Not that I'm against this signing. Us already having talented young players in those roles shouldn't stop us from signing him if he's seen as truly special. Probably he's seen by the club as really special. Just don't want us to go all Chelsea and also give the academy lads an actual chance of making it. Good thing about Bergvall seems to be that he's quite versatile from what I've read so perhaps less of an issue because of that too.
We'll hopefully have a lot more games next year so there should be plenty of chances to give them minutes.

TBF though the HG quota is an issue and will be, so we need youngsters in and round the squad. I agree though we need to have a route to the first team for players if they are good enough.

Looking at the global market now, the 750m less in this window, teams going to be hurting next, teams like Lazio poaching the Championship for youth, it is likely the route most are going to go moving forward. When I look round there are not too many established players I go "whoa I would take them now" seems abit of a derf at that level now. I think for example the over paying for the likes of Rice etc has gone for a few years and IMO there are as good if not better out there underexposed by the league and younger. So its going to be fine lines on established v youth

I do think as said elsewhere that if a star quality raises its head we are at least in a better position than anyone to act

Glides around midfield, twisting and *tricking past 2 men before passing well. Seems intelligent, head up. Good technique. Good finishes. Doesn't look like a sprinter or a head down merchant. Still so young.
*I anticipate Norgaard will get sore feet from kicking his shins all game.

The goal around 30 seconds was enough to get me onboard.

One for next season. Look quite a unit. At 18 he's bigger than most, and still growing. Could have done with him now off the bench.

He really has
physicality, pace and finishing
he has t okayed at our level yet but is playing CL
he is a cross between son and Kane
chelsea will buy him this summer
Chelsea don't have a pot to tinkle in and they're not getting any huge fees in the summer to help their FFP woes, if the January market is any indication of things to come.

Whilst a loan is possible reports are suggesting he will be in the squad next season.

Devine maybe one more season long loan at a top championship club and then also integrated into the first team squad.
Keeping him around and giving him minutes will also ensure he qualifies a club trained for Europe.

Back