• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Like him or not, Sherwood was bang on the money

Lack of leadership, character, bottle is all English ****ing excuse for "I have no ****ing idea why I can't get a very talented squad to play as a team"

Amazing how Dawson, Livermore, Hudd were ****, championship level players who when put in a side of real championship players somehow don't ****ing roll over and die for every big name team that comes along.

I think the ugly truth is, as much as people **** on the Pardew's/Fat Sam/Pulis type managers of the PL, the AVB/Ramos/Pochetino inexperienced (in PL) foreign manager is turning out to be a poor option. In the PL, **** sides don't roll over, they are well prepared, physical, close space and have the odd very good player, you need to plan well for them.

AVB/Sherwood were not good enough, amazing how people make excuses about what player they didn't get. BMJ/Harry's sides didn't get ass****ed 7 times a season and they certainly didn't get everyone they wanted, and had ****tier squads all up.

Poch needs to prove he's not just another mistake ...

He didn't.

Their results against the same teams were pretty much the same, it's just that Sherwood got both Southampton games.

Poch is currently one point up one the same fixtures last season.

I'd be interested to know how many points Tim amassed in his first nine games compared to Poch.

Lack of leadership, character, bottle is all English ****ing excuse for "I have no ****ing idea why I can't get a very talented squad to play as a team"

Amazing how Dawson, Livermore, Hudd were ****, championship level players who when put in a side of real championship players somehow don't ****ing roll over and die for every big name team that comes along.

I think the ugly truth is, as much as people **** on the Pardew's/Fat Sam/Pulis type managers of the PL, the AVB/Ramos/Pochetino inexperienced (in PL) foreign manager is turning out to be a poor option. In the PL, **** sides don't roll over, they are well prepared, physical, close space and have the odd very good player, you need to plan well for them.

AVB/Sherwood were not good enough, amazing how people make excuses about what player they didn't get. BMJ/Harry's sides didn't get ass****ed 7 times a season and they certainly didn't get everyone they wanted, and had ****tier squads all up.

Poch needs to prove he's not just another mistake .

He certainly does.

I'd be interested to know how many points Tim amassed in his first nine games compared to Poch.

He got 20 points. 23 from the first ten, an improvement of 11 points from 2012-13. He then got 19 from the final twelve, 12 less than the previous season.

if that's how people view the situation already it beggars belief.

(re proving he's not another mistake)

You don't cvnt your own players off in public to make yourself look good.

Look at the Redknapp/Taraabt spat for example. Everyone knows that Adel is a lazy, useless ****er, but having it brought out in public only makes one person look a d1ck and it's not him.

To be fair, it worked for Fergie and Mourinho.
Difference being they knew how to use it and also when to take it on the chin.
Sherwood was right, just naïve as he had no power to back the statement up.
Fergie did - players knew which list they were on and feared for their Man U careers.

I'm sure many of our players had a laugh at it whilst out clubbing

if that's how people view the situation already it beggars belief.

(re proving he's not another mistake)

Why all unproven mangers have to prove themselves, that's the nature of the game. No one is suggesting getting rid of pouch... But to suggest that he still has to prove himself is absolutely correct.

Results and performances have to improve and im sure pouch knows that, and i hope he has a concrete plan about how to do that... And a plan b and c.

Why all unproven mangers have to prove themselves, that's the nature of the game. No one is suggesting getting rid of pouch... But to suggest that he still has to prove himself is absolutely correct.

Results and performances have to improve and im sure pouch knows that, and i hope he has a concrete plan about how to do that... And a plan b and c.

'proving himself' has an entirely different connotation to 'proving he's not another mistake' - maybe the original poster didn't mean it that way

'proving himself' has an entirely different connotation to 'proving he's not another mistake' - maybe the original poster didn't mean it that way

They would both seem to me to be closely entwined, or at least related. Can you elaborate on the difference in terms (as you see them)?

Last edited:
Sherwood for me was dead cat bounce. We would be pulverized in the second season once our super soft centre got found out.

They would both seem to me to be closely entwined, or at least related. Can you elaborate on the difference in terms (as you see them)?

im no English major but to me 'proving he's not another mistake' is a negative - it puts forward the idea he is a mistake, whilst 'proving himself' is a more supportive positive outlook.

bit nit picky really i guess :lol:

Back