• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

It's highly likely that Lennon has been given instructions on how to play and going by AVB's recent praise I'd say he's doing exactly what he's expected to be doing.

Lennon does seem to shine when bales not playing. Remember last time bale was out and everyone was screaming how good it would be when they're both available, however you can only really use one winger at a time and more often than not players pick out bale. Honestly don't think bale being out short term will hurt us that much

Spot fudging on.

You only have to look at the one league game we didn't have Bale (Chelsea) and see how Lennon can play WHEN you give him the ball. We kept giving it to him because we had no other winger on the left. It was one of, if not his best game this season and he tore Chelsea an absolute new one.

I'm a winger myself (obviously not to this standard!) but even at my level you have to accept you just arent going to be involved a lot of the time because your job is always to stay out wide and provide width, even when you're not receiving the ball. Sometimes I get frustrated at the lack of supply Im getting and go inside searching for the ball but the gaffer barks at me to go back out wide. Point being it's hard as a winger to be constantly involved, so when you get the ball especially in dangerous areas you need to make sure you do something with it. Lennon often does when given the opportunity. You have to remember he is playing with Bale on the opposite wing who is an incredible winger so more often than not people are going to look for Bale on the left. Before Bale was playing on the wing the ball was always pinged out to Lennon on the right who was frequently at his destructive best. He hasn't lost this ability at all, simply doesn't get to do it as often now Bale has developed the way he has.

Lennon still makes a difference and creates something more often than not....

The conclusion to this would be not to play two wingers anymore, and go for an asymmetrical (wonky) formation every time.

I really hope not. He plays on the right...Aaron Lennon...he plays on the right...he plays on the left...Gareth Bale....he plays on the left!!!!

Yup, I agree with the sentiment but you know it will happen. Will be easier for Lennon to switch too without Bale there. Only problem is that he'll cut in rather than taking on the full back and unless he can deliver another peach of a pass, like he did on Thursday from the right, then it's wasted as he can't shoot from that position and can't take on the full back as easily.

The danger of too many Christmas Sambucas ;)

I think he'll have an excellent game tomorrow and will switch wings, a lot, to avoid being against Baines.

I've seen him tear Baines plenty of times. But yeah, whoever there right back is can taste some Lennon too.

It's normally Phil Neville who has had Bale in his back pocket the past few Everton games.

Was one of our better players today.

Take his and Sandro's performances out of the match today and we would be seriously lacking creativity today, as opposed to just lacking it.

Lennon was not at his best today and I love the guy but I really do think he is playing to how he is being asked to play. He isnt hugging the touchline as much, he is coming inside so walker can overlap and he is also defending far more - there were times today where he was right back for fudges sakes. Would you ask Ronaldo to play left back?

Lennon was not at his best today and I love the guy but I really do think he is playing to how he is being asked to play. He isnt hugging the touchline as much, he is coming inside so walker can overlap and he is also defending far more - there were times today where he was right back for fudges sakes. Would you ask Ronaldo to play left back?

Mourinho would ask Ronaldo to play left back, just for bricks and giggles

Just think the guy needs to back himself more. be more selfish and shoot more. Couple of occasions in the first half you could feel the crowd urging him to shoot rather tee somebody else up. If you dont buy a ticket....

Just think the guy needs to back himself more. be more selfish and shoot more. Couple of occasions in the first half you could feel the crowd urging him to shoot rather tee somebody else up. If you dont buy a ticket....

The chance he had to shoot but didnt (in first half) is evident of that. Im unsure whether he is just that UNSELFISH or he is actually not confident... I think its the former.

Thought he was poor today and hasn't really been at it in the last few weeks, he started the season off well but has tailed off recently. He's only really in the side right now for a) balance b) his defensive work and c) beacause we don't really have anyone else who'll do a better job.

Was one of our better players today.

Take his and Sandro's performances out of the match today and we would be seriously lacking creativity today, as opposed to just lacking it.

Did some good runs today, the one in the second half was amazing, shame the end product wasnt quite there

He's only really looked dangerous running from deep on the counter recently. When he receives the ball up the pitch he hasnt really been on it.

Clearly in the side for his defensive work.

Nothing at everton and poor touches and bad passes today. One or two run of pace at the defense isnt enough, especially if he doesnt cross the ball properly.

Needs to take his man on and shoot at goal. And stop passing the ball backwards all the time. I have never seen an attacking player backtrack and pass it back to the defense so often.

He is like one of those girls from the pub who is nearly goegoeus but not quite, lennon is nearly very good but just falls short. I think it is a lack of confidence because he has all the tools in his locker.

Back