• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

But I've never heard anything regarding King and Arsenal.

If anything I can imagine they competed with us to get him back in his Senrab days. They signed Ashley Cole from the same side, so were obviously about at the time.

The only move I remember King being linked to as a senior player, was Real Madrid after his performance at Euro 2004.

Mourinho made a bid for him when he first joined Chelski (he said we quoted them £19m).

Former Spurs footballer Ledley King will meet fans at a book signing later this month.

The ex-defender will be signing copies of his new autobiography, King, at The Big Green Bookshop in Brampton Park Road, Wood Green.

He will be at the shop from 12pm to 1pm on Saturday, September 21.

Ledley King's autobiograpy 'King' is available from September 12 - and he will be signing copies at the Megastore, White Hart Lane, before our home fixture against Norwich City.
Fans can catch up with our legendary former captain and now Club Ambassador at the Megastore between 11am-1pm on Saturday, September 14.

Rarely in the modern English game has a player been as loved by his supporters, admired by his team-mates and respected by his peers.

And even more rarely has such a shining talent seen their career cut so tragically short - as we all know, in Ledley's case, by chronic knee trouble at the age of 31.

'King' documents the successes and struggles - both personal and professional - behind this unique and unprecedented footballing career: from Ledley's childhood in East London, to his future out of the white shirt of his beloved Tottenham Hotspur.

The signing session at the Megastore is one of four to mark the publication of Ledley's fascinating autobiography.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ledley-signing-session-for-king-060913/

In a similar vein, Bobby Moore wanted to join Spurs in 1966 but West Ham refused to allow the move.

Moore refused to sign a new contract with the Hammers but Ron Greenwood, the West Ham manager at the time, still blocked the transfer.

Things got to such a crisis point that Alf Ramsey, England's manager, had to step-in and intervene, as there was no way he could pick a player for his World Cup squad, let alone the captain, who was unaffiliated with a club.

Things between Moore & Greenwood were hastily patched-up and his dream move to Spurs never materialised.

So really, Tottenham inspired England's World Cup win

In a similar vein, Bobby Moore wanted to join Spurs in 1966 but West Ham refused to allow the move.

Moore refused to sign a new contract with the Hammers but Ron Greenwood, the West Ham manager at the time, still blocked the transfer.

Things got to such a crisis point that Alf Ramsey, England's manager, had to step-in and intervene, as there was no way he could pick a player for his World Cup squad, let alone the captain, who was unaffiliated with a club.

Things between Moore & Greenwood were hastily patched-up and his dream move to Spurs never materialised.

I think he also tried to move to Spurs again later, but again West Ham refused.

Player power has shifted somewhat since.

Players were slaves back in those days, club held all the cards, play for us or don't play football at all - that's even for players out of contract.

Players were slaves back in those days, club held all the cards, play for us or don't play football at all - that's even for players out of contract.

Much as I don't like players forcing moves, that was so far the other way around, too far.

Agreed, it was so unfair the other way around. A club owned a players registration even when the contract expired so the player couldn't move at the end of his contract. This was only relatively recently ended by the Bosman ruling.

I'm still waiting for the club to announce details of his testimonial match. They better still be having one for him

Kings first eleven of players hes played with:

......................Gomes.........................
Carr......Dawson....Ferdinand......Cole
....................Davids..........................
.........Gerrard.........Scholes...............
Ginola.........................................Bale
.....................Sheringham,..................

Kings first eleven of players hes played with:

......................Gomes.........................
Carr......Dawson....Ferdinand......Cole
....................Davids..........................
.........Gerrard.........Scholes...............
Ginola.........................................Bale
.....................Sheringham,..................

Gomes! :)

No Modric, Berba or VdV. Surprising that

I miss him so much still! Pains me to see he could never fulfill his potential due to injury! Deserved so much more :'(

I miss him so much still! Pains me to see he could never fulfill his potential due to injury! Deserved so much more :'(

Me too. :(. The guy was a hero for our club. The best defender in the Premiership in spite of barely training. He could have been the best defender ever.

Gomes! :)

No Modric, Berba or VdV. Surprising that

He said Gomes was the best keeper he had seen during the 09/10 season when we finished 4th and that in training no one could ever score against him, though said if he conceded or made a mistake it really played on his mind.

He said it was between Modric and Gerrard but he went with Gerrard in the end and rightly so to be honest. Can't remember if he said anything regarding Berba but Sheringham has a worthy place up top.

Back