• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Yeah, but what a ****ing tackle that was. Almost exactly 8 years ago, that. Remember, remember, the 5th of November, the win over Jose and his lot ...

Something along those lines. :p

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/on-this-day-9-december/
On this day in 2000: King sets Premier League record
Ledley King scored the fastest goal in Premier League history but Tottenham Hotspur were held to a draw by bottom of the table Bradford City.
King had his moment of glory after just 10 seconds following Spurs’ kick-off. A poor clearance fell to him and he took a couple of strides forward before hitting a low shot which deflected on its way into the net from 30 yards.
The 20-year-old’s effort was three seconds quicker than previous record holders Dwight Yorke and Chris Sutton.
[video=youtube;4VFUJaqnh28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VFUJaqnh28[/video]

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am still waiting to hear about his Testimonial match. Each time I see an update on this thread I keep hoping its an update on it

Sounds like the club have not the slightest intention of arranging a testimonial. I'm guessing they will plead fixture congestion, pre-season tours, insurance premiums, you name it.

So how can we pressurise the club into agreeing it?

Sounds like the club have not the slightest intention of arranging a testimonial. I'm guessing they will plead fixture congestion, pre-season tours, insurance premiums, you name it.

So how can we pressurise the club into agreeing it?

Starting to look that way. I know they made a statement some time ago about having one last May I thought, then it seemed to change to May 2014, but time seems to be running out.
Would be ourtageous in my opinion, if he isnt granted one

Starting to look that way. I know they made a statement some time ago about having one last May I thought, then it seemed to change to May 2014, but time seems to be running out.
Would be ourtageous in my opinion, if he isnt granted one

Come to think of it you don't hear of too many testimonials these days. I wonder whether Spurs feel that by making him club ambassador they've done their bit? Also he had his moment when he came out at ht to that lump-in-the-throat standing ovation in the match against WBA.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if King doesnt get a testimonial.

It was just a pleasure to witness the guy play for Spurs and for me that is enough. The guy is an ambassador of the club he loves and had the honour to play for. I would love the guy to get his coaching badges and become a coach for us. Though the qualities he had can't really be taught, the reading of the game, the concentration and the pace.

Re: King: Two More Years?

Always the chance he has turned down the opportunity to have one. Doesn't come across as the type who likes being center of attention really does he

Always the chance he has turned down the opportunity to have one. Doesn't come across as the type who likes being center of attention really does he

I think this is the more likely scenario now you've suggested it, sounds very possible to me

I cant imagine that to be the case. He would have jumped at the opportunity - imagine the money made for his charity or foundation or whatever it is. Maybe THFC gave a donation I dont know but he will have made a fair bit at the testimonial.

Back