• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Peter Crouch is set for his third return to the Lane in a Spurs shirt - this time for the Ledley King Testimonial match.

Crouchy, who came through the ranks here with Ledley, before departing for QPR in 2000, made 84 First Team appearances in our colours after spells at Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Norwich, Southampton and Liverpool.
"I'm looking forward to the game and really pleased to be involved," said the striker. "Ledley is obviously an old mate of mine and I've known him since we were 14. We were schoolboys at Tottenham growing up together and it was always clear he was going to represent Tottenham and play for England.
"Everyone speaks so highly of Ledley, he should have won 100 caps for England. It will be a privilege for me to honour his career by playing in the game."
Now with Stoke City, the 33-year-old recalled his White Hart Lane return in July 2009 and the reunion with his old youth team sidekick.
"It was funny because I left at 18 and came back almost ten years later and Ledley was still in the same spot that I left him! He always wanted to stay at Tottenham because he loves it there."
The scorer of 22 goals in his second stint at the Lane is eagerly anticipating pulling on a Spurs shirt again, while he has also been checking out who his teammates on the night will be and potential supply line for goals.
"I am, I grew up at Tottenham and have a lot of friends there, so it will be great to get back to the Lane to play with the top players who are signed up to play. I was playing golf with Teddy Sheringham the other day and he said he is looking forward to it, while there is also Darren Anderton and David Ginola - I might get a couple of crosses!"

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/friends-reunited-290414/

-----------------Robbo------------------
Xxx-------xxx------King-----xxx
Anderton----xxx---xxx---Ginola
--Sheringham----xxx----------------

Don't see Van der Vaart playing personally although I would love it if he did. I think Stalteri might well be involved as he was a popular member of the squad and there for a few years when we first started to improve. I would imagine the CB partner would have to be Woodgate. CM might be Poyet. I wonder if maybe Anthony Gardner might be part of the squad? Timmy Atouba at LB?!

I wish this little chap was going to be there...

A6760_zps4df92743.jpg

Looks like jenas, bassong and Defoe will be playing (assuming this from the ledley article on the OS)

My question is, will bassong be suspended!

Stephen Carr, Stephen Clemence and Ruel Fox all confirmed for Ledley's testimonial match.

Stephen Carr is the latest name that we can confirm will feature in Ledley King's Testimonial as part of his Guest XI side on Monday May 12 at White Hart Lane, kick off 8pm.

Capped 44 times by Ireland, Stephen came through the youth ranks at the Club, making his debut away at Ipswich Town in September 1993 and went on to establish himself as the Club's first choice right back during the 1996/97 campaign.

He picked up a League Cup winners' medal in our 1999 success against Leicester City and his fine performances during his spell at the Lane saw him twice named in the Premier League PFA Team of the Year in 2001 and 2003 and clock up a total of 270 appearances in our colours, scoring eight times, including a memorable strike at home against Manchester United in October 1999.

Stephen said: "I have something very special in common with Ledley as we both came through the ranks at Spurs to play for and captain the First Team. Ledley has been and still is a magnificent servant to this Club and was certainly one of the most gifted players I have ever had the pleasure to play with."

Former captain Stephen was in the starting XI when Ledley made his debut for the Club back in May 1999 at Liverpool and we can reveal that he will be joined in the Ledley King Guest XI squad by two other members of the squad that day in midfielder Stephen Clemence and winger Ruel Fox.

'Clem', another product of the Club's youth setup, said: "It’s a great honour to be coming back. When Ledley first phoned me and said ‘Clem, do you fancy a game back at the Lane for my Testimonial?’ I said, ‘you must have a few injuries if you’re asking me!’ But he said he’d love to have me there. I got on well with him as a player. Tottenham’s the team I grew up supporting so it will be nice to take my little boy along to watch a game at White Hart Lane with his dad playing in it. Ledley’s been a great servant to the club and he’s continued that with his work as a Club Ambassador. He deserves the night so let’s make it a great one for him."

Ruel, who spent five years with the Club after joining from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 1995, added: "You could see the potential Ledley had, he was always highly rated as a player. He always seemed a happy-go-lucky lad, always had a smile on his face in training and consequently me and him used to have little competitions over who had the best touch in head tennis. Every morning I used to always be on his case about his touch and stuff. It will be a special night and I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve got a lot of friends down at the Lane so it will be great to catch up and reminisce at the same time."

The latest trio of former Spurs players are joined in the Ledley King Guest XI ranks by David Ginola, Darren Anderton, Teddy Sheringham, Peter Crouch and Paul Robinson and there are plenty more names to yet to be revealed in this 20-plus man squad.

Keep an eye on our club channels for further updates on which other former players will be part of Ledley's big night.

Is that Sol Campbell I hear, drumming his fingers on the table? And see how he now strokes his chin with thumb and index finger ... King's going to get coated as a big racist if he's passed over for the captaincy.

Back