• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Cos he's a mate of Ledley's, a Spurs fan, and his dad is a Spurs legend. Seems to be the main criteria for this one.

A shame - nothing against Clemo, but he wasn't exactly a world beater as we all know. i was praying for VDV but guess that was a pipedream.

Apparently the squad is going to be 20+ so lets hope he is saving the best until last.

Is it just me or is this turning into a bit of a shambles? Some awful, awful players signed up to play. I had to check to see if Ledley and Ruel Fox actually ever played in the same team together.

Surely a Spurs current XI vs someone like Real Madrid would be more befitting a man of such talent.

Is it just me or is this turning into a bit of a shambles? Some awful, awful players signed up to play. I had to check to see if Ledley and Ruel Fox actually ever played in the same team together.

Surely a Spurs current XI vs someone like Real Madrid would be more befitting a man of such talent.

I feel the same, it'd be fine if it was anyone else but this is the best player of our generation. Real Madrid would have been most befitting, considering he missed out when we played them in the Champions League. And as a bonus we get to see Ronaldo along with Modric and Bale getting a proper 'goodbye' from us lot.

Come on, Rual ****ing Fox? :(

Let's just bear in mind for a moment that whoever plays for the guest XI will have been personally invited to do so by Ledley King himself.

It's supposed to be a night to properly honour him, so let's not quibble about who's on show.

Hmmm, so I was hoping to see something close to this line-up from the twilight of King' glorious career...

but looks like we're going to end up with the class of the 1990s...

BIxciFCCQAA94iY.jpg

Stephen Clemence? why?
Oh ye of little faith:
David Howells then let fly from 25 yards, forcing the opposing goalkeeper to push the ball over his own bar – but even that spectacular effort was eclipsed by a moment of magic from Clemence in the 21st minute.

The midfielder tricked his way to the right-hand edge of the penalty area, turned his marker inside-out with no less than eight stepovers in quick succession before curling a perfectly placed left-footed shot beyond the fingertips of the diving goalkeeper and inside the far post to the delight of the large crowd in attendance.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/clemence-wonder-goal-for-legends-300414/

Either this means Stephen writes up the legends match reports, or he's turned into Ronaldo since retiring.

I'd love to see Teemu Tainio back for it. I'll always remember him for laughing at Drogba and pointing to the scoreboard in the Carling Cup final.

What about Jamie Redknapp?

He's injured (seriously). He only played the final 10 mins in the 96 remembrance match the other day because he knee is so screwed.

Plus with his media behaviour re Timmeh and previously his dad, he's probably a bit too controversial for Levy to want to be around at the moment.

I guess it's Ledley's choice. He's getting the band back together for one last outing. It's just a bit of a reminder to us how poor most of his peers were.

Yea Tainio, Naybet, Davids. Bale and Modric is never gonna happen unfortunately

vdV and Poyet would be nice too (and definitely Davids)

Might need Freund to take charge of the opposition, depending how soon after the Villa match Timmeh gets sacked.

Unfortunately I don't think Levy will rush the sacking once the season is over. Will probably wait for all the players to go on holiday, then hold some meetings. He took his time with Redknapp as well

Unfortunately I don't think Levy will rush the sacking once the season is over. Will probably wait for all the players to go on holiday, then hold some meetings. He took his time with Redknapp as well

What seems clear is that Levy doesn't like long-ish periods with no manager in place.

I think it will depend on how quickly a replacement can be found. When that deal is more or less done he will move to announce Sherwood's departure.

(If Sherwood is leaving)

Redknapp did seem to take a long time to play out. He was sacked on 13 June and AVB wasn't appointed till 3 July.

A few things different this time perhaps:
- Timmeh knows he is gone and will want to find a new job asap - start talking to Norwich, Swindon etc.
- The risk of Lloris, Verts and Sandro going off to the WC disillusioned and being tapped up. It would be better to send them away energised and enthusiastic about the new big name coach (and then they could maybe do some tapping up for us)

Back