• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lallana

I would love it if we bought him. One of the classiest player in the league. Great balance,and two footed,and a yiddo by all accounts.
I read a reputable source a few weeks back saying he was a big Everton fan growing up.

I'd make him our number one priority this summer cos our wingers are turd but I suspect he'll go to Liverpool or Man United who will be in for that type of player.

Not that we made a mistake in not bidding for him him last summer, he was nothing special in his first Prem season and clearly worked on his physicality in the build up to this one which helped him immensely.

would be a Bentley style flop if he moved to us.....I dont think he is mentally cut out for a bigger club and a massive price tag weighing him down. Next

You know the guys mental state ?

It's a possibility though. He's a big fish in a very, very small pond at the moment.

Having visited Southampton a number of times I can tell you it's a very strange little town - it's quite inbred and it's very easy to be TheGreatestFootballHeroEverSinceLeTis there. We not only have a history of talented players against whom he'll be judged, we also have more talented players here that he'll be judged against.

I don't know what he's like mentally, but it would be a huge adjustment to make.

would be a Bentley style flop if he moved to us.....I dont think he is mentally cut out for a bigger club and a massive price tag weighing him down. Next

The way he's effortlessly stepped up to the mark for England, suggests to me he'd do the same at a bigger club.

You know the guys mental state ?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/referee-mark-clattenburg-cleared-over-2984483..............the whole case screams of a weak mentality. If he cant handle a bit of banter with a referee, imagine how he is going to feel when his every move is questioned and analysed after a 15-20 mill pound transfer to a top 5 challenging club. I mean, those comments from Clattenburg made Lalana feel "insulted and abused" :eek::lol: the lad needs to grow a pair, welcome to the real world

The way he's effortlessly stepped up to the mark for England, suggests to me he'd do the same at a bigger club.

international football??? i dont rate it. Also i did say that moving for a huge transfer fee comes with its added pressure. Many a good player has failed to live up to the transfer fee

In terms of quality maybe, but in terms of pressure of the media spotlight and expectation it's bigger.

We saw how Townsend 'stepped' it up his first two games. Sure he's been injured since then, but he's looked nothing like an international player since.

or before, really.

Sounds like the perfect deal to me. Get rid of Dembele +
Get Lallana +

I would love that.

I wish the fact he might be a Spurs fan could make a difference, but obviously it wont. If he was to leave Soton, I dont think we would be in with a shout of getting him

Last edited:
i'm with the posters who think he wouldnt really be worth the risk. and i definitely would not want to get rid of dembele to accommodate him. despite his indifferent form, dembele seems to have all the qualities to fit into a genuinely world class side. lallana on the otherhand is only now starting to shine a bit at 25 years of age. like other's have said, there are just too many similarities with bentley.

I'd never compare him to Dembele, as i think the guy is a different type of player altogether and far more likely to make that key pass needed to open up a defence or indeed be the man scoring the goals. That said if he gets lured off to UTD i'd be interested to see if we could get Kagawa :)

I'd never compare him to Dembele, as i think the guy is a different type of player altogether and far more likely to make that key pass needed to open up a defence or indeed be the man scoring the goals. That said if he gets lured off to UTD i'd be interested to see if we could get Kagawa :)

We might stand a chance now that Moyes has broken him.

i think lallana works a bit more when the team doesn't have the ball. he also plays a bit deeper. and seems to have a greater tendency to make penetrative runs into goal scoring positions. ozil is more a pure playmaker in the sense that he contributes very little other than in the final third. thats my opinion on lallana vs ozil anyway ;)

Back