• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

This from the latest club e-newsletter thing:

WALKER THANKS THE FLYING WINGERS

Kyle Walker has paid tribute to Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon for their words of wisdom this season.

The full-back had a dream 2011/2012 campaign that included 47 appearances for us, a call-up to the full England squad, first caps and being named PFA Young Player of the Year.

How do you follow that?

"I felt the pressure to go out week in, week out and do what I did last season," said Kyle, who has started 36 of our 40 matches in all competitions this term.

"I spoke to Gareth numerous times about it and he's been a great help.

"He said after the season when he was Player of the Year, he found it difficult to go back out and do it all again because you have players doubling up on you; players identifying you more as a threat in games and marking you that much tighter.

"Clearly opponents are studying videos as they try to identify your weaknesses. So it's difficult but I have to take it as a compliment and tell myself that it's something in my career now that I have to try to get over and get around.

"Gareth told me: 'You've just got to keep getting at them. Don't always go one way. Mix it up. Go outside, go around players, one or two touches. And it's going to take time'.

"He is a year older than me but has that extra experience and hopefully it will slowly begin to sink in and I'll gradually start getting there.

"Aaron has been top-drawer this season. The number of assists he has got and he has chipped in with a few goals as well.

"He is probably the most unselfish player I have played with as a winger. Sometimes I have to tell him to shoot more and get his name on the scoresheet because he could be doing that.

"But he coaches me through games because he's been around a bit longer than me and I'm grateful for that. I need to say a big 'thank you' to him as well."

Shocking today again, cost us so many goals so far with brick passing and lack of defensive quality! If it wasn't for his pace he wouldn't be playing football at any level

Hope to fudge we sell him in the summer!

No need to play that pass. Midway inside your own half you don't play an attempted 30 yard pass to left back backward of square. Suicidal and absolutely macaronic.

Walker is not smart or good enough to be a right back on a top team ! If we are to progress as a club he has to be sorted out or replaced

Been playing a lot better recently but atrocious mistake today.

I do wonder when he'll ever get a game off - not using that as an excuse for him however playing every game in every competition will have an impact towards the end of the season.

He was very effective offensively today and perhaps having a new partner in front of him was an issue? Not a Walker apologist btw

Look, if Rafael can turn the corner and become a top right back, Walker can too. Have faith. Personally, i think he became a first choice too fast, not his fault.

For me he has been shocking all season. Doesn't learn from his errors, constantly gets caught out of position. As I said his pace covers so many errors. People on here moaned about Hutton but in my opinion he is no better. Bring back Charlie at least he could do his job DEFEND

For me he has been shocking all season. Doesn't learn from his errors, constantly gets caught out of position. As I said his pace covers so many errors. People on here moaned about Hutton but in my opinion he is no better. Bring back Charlie at least he could do his job DEFEND[/QUOTE]

I never understood why we got rid of him. Yeah he was slow but he could defend as you say.

He has actually been good recently - it was just a bad mistake. Im not his biggest fan but he has som egreat qualities - I like him - just a rotten silly error thats all

Like I said in the rating section, this is the equivalent of Bale's 2010-2011 season for him. Bale burst onto the scene at the tail-end of 2009-2010, and looked like a world-beater out wide. Then, next season (Barring Inter and a couple of other games) he was sussed out by defenders and subsequently struggled against lower and mid-table teams and packed defences. Then he got injured, summing up a frustrating stop-start season for him.

Walker was great last season. This season, he has had to adapt to a cerebral style of defence, a high line, and a new keeper, and he has to do that while facing opponents who now know his weakness (i.e, anything that doesn't involve sprinting or upper-body strength). Plus, today, Lennon wasn't around to bail him out like he usually does. Result; errors.

He'll learn, and overcome, much like Bale did. It's just frustrating to see him take one step forward and two steps back, though, even if I know that he'll get better as his game develops.

It's not about him being young. It's a matter of learning from his mistakes. Which he clearly isn't as he gets caught week in week out. By far the weakest link our defence. 3 years in the premiership and hasn't improved defensively.

It's not about him being young. It's a matter of learning from his mistakes. Which he clearly isn't as he gets caught week in week out. By far the weakest link our defence. 3 years in the premiership and hasn't improved defensively.

That is a silly phrase.

You are always going to have a weakest link in the defence. That's unavoidable.

Bar the silly cross field ball i thought he had a good game today. Those are the sort of things that experience will teach him not to do.

Back