• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

How many of you muppets banging on about how awful he is etc etc actually make the effort to buy tickets and go to games? Does my head in the section of our support who I'm afraid to say seems to be encouraged by forums like this to just get on players backs and slag them off at every opportunity! Walker is 23 maybe 22 still learning his trade yes he has made mistakes this season as have many players and yes he's been no where near as good as last season but my word some of the abuse on here has been downright disgusting. I live avb but in all honesty that is my one and only gripe with him naughton has played one league game at right back walker has been played time and time again maybe it is time for him to have a rest but fuvking hell get off his back with all this 'worst spurs player ever' gonad*s.

How many of you muppets banging on about how awful he is etc etc actually make the effort to buy tickets and go to games? Does my head in the section of our support who I'm afraid to say seems to be encouraged by forums like this to just get on players backs and slag them off at every opportunity! Walker is 23 maybe 22 still learning his trade yes he has made mistakes this season as have many players and yes he's been no where near as good as last season but my word some of the abuse on here has been downright disgusting. I live avb but in all honesty that is my one and only gripe with him naughton has played one league game at right back walker has been played time and time again maybe it is time for him to have a rest but fuvking hell get off his back with all this 'worst spurs player ever' gonad*s.

Because unfortunately Naughton's not as good.

And you've came to that conclusion from what? 1 league and possibly 2/3 cup games him playing at right back? I'm not saying he's definitely better just wouldn't mind seeing him playing couple of games at right back on the trot

And you've came to that conclusion from what? 1 league and possibly 2/3 cup games him playing at right back? I'm not saying he's definitely better just wouldn't mind seeing him playing couple of games at right back on the trot

My conclusion doesn't count for brick. AVB on the other hand has seen him more times than even you and obviously concludes the same.

Last edited:
I don't remember disliking watching a Spurs player as much as Walker. One of the most brainless players I can remember. It pains me to watch him accelerate into a crowd of opposing players, or attempt his abysmal stepovers. What annoys me is that he doesn't seem to learn - he almost comes across as borderline retarded. All this, when we had the antithesis in Corluka - not to say he was perfect, of course.

I'd be very surprised if Walker is with us next season - and yes, I thought he was dreadful last year as well, and yes, he had a rare good game today, mistake aside. He really is the new Alan Hutton.

Good to have you back moonlit. Disagree with you on this one though.

Didn't Walker get abuse from Spurs fans on Twitter after his blunder against Chelsea in FA Cup last season ? Fortunately, he has closed his twitter account after that or he will now be facing a lot of angry Spurs fans.:lol:

I was not very convinced of Walker before. But he was doing well in recent matches. Now, he has undone all that good work with this blunder against Liverpool.

I believe it was after his terrible performance this season at home to Chelsea.

I remember him being a **** and trying to boot the ball at Mata's head when it went out for a throw in, only for Mata to take the tinkle out of him late on in the game to lay it on a plate for Sturridge to make it 4-2.

I believe it was after his terrible performance this season at home to Chelsea.

I remember him being a **** and trying to boot the ball at Mata's head when it went out for a throw in, only for Mata to take the tinkle out of him late on in the game to lay it on a plate for Sturridge to make it 4-2.

You are correct. It was after the Chelsea match earlier this season. It is hard to believe he won the PFA Young Player Of The Year award last season. Not sure if he was he really the best young player in the whole league last season.

BLUNDERS, GAFFES AND CALAMITIES: THE KYLE WALKER STORY

One thing I notice with Walker is that he often makes great recovering tackles, often several in a game, but maybe the point is the truly great players don't need to make these recovering tackles in the first place if you get what I mean. If he was positionally sound there would be no need to chase back and make these tackles all the time?

Maybe it's a consequence of his buccaneering style but frankly the frequency of his boobs really grate.

When this board once called Kaboul "The Beast With No Brains", well at least he was a Beast.

This spacegoating of players is totally out of order. Not read all the comments but I get the general gist. There is a lot on the shoulders of fullbacks arguably the hardest position on the pitch - expected to contribute to attack and defence which is why they make more mistakes. Not many teams will be able to produce an Ashley Cole or Pablo Zabaleta We need to lay off a very good young player.

Good post. I was thinking the same earlier. There hace been relatively few complete full backs over the years. Given this and taking into account the role of the full back in modern football no wonder its arguably the hardest position to play. Even Cole has limitations.

It was a shocking pass he never should have made, and unfortunately it lead to a goal and our subsequent loss (due to losing momentum completely).

But that happens to everyone at times. I'm sure Walker knows very well he messed up, and will do everything he can to make sure it doesn't happen again. And most importantly, I hope he doesn't let this mistake impact his good form of lately.

Walker is a very good player and people seem to forget all the good he has done. If we had any other RB in the league we would hav conceded a lot more goals when players break through the high line.

He is young and still learning. As for the blunder, yes it was a very poor back pass but if Lloris had stayed on his line i doubt we would have conceded as the ball was going out wide ajd Vert was covering.

Give the lad a break.

The abuse Walker has gotten is shocking and doesn't reflect well on us as fans.

He's a very good footballer who sometimes does stupid things. Yesterday was one of those stupid things and it was costly but with young players that will happen. He's young and learning. I fudge up in my job a couple of times a week. So do most people here. The lad is bound to make mistakes but when that goal went in, I said to my girlfriend's brother "Walker will get dog's abuse on the internet for this and Lloris won't get nearly as much." He was shocked that some Spurs fans don't rate Walker because he reckons Walker is an excellent player (He's a Liverpool fan BTW).

I didn't like us selling Charlie because I rated him. But Harry was proved right with Walker and he is the best right back at our club. Lay off him. Nice to see Livermore getting a load of abuse too...and people sometimes wonder why young players don't get the chances they used to.

The abuse Walker has gotten is shocking and doesn't reflect well on us as fans.

He's a very good footballer who sometimes does stupid things. Yesterday was one of those stupid things and it was costly but with young players that will happen. He's young and learning. I fudge up in my job a couple of times a week. So do most people here. The lad is bound to make mistakes but when that goal went in, I said to my girlfriend's brother "Walker will get dog's abuse on the internet for this and Lloris won't get nearly as much." He was shocked that some Spurs fans don't rate Walker because he reckons Walker is an excellent player (He's a Liverpool fan BTW).

I didn't like us selling Charlie because I rated him. But Harry was proved right with Walker and he is the best right back at our club. Lay off him. Nice to see Livermore getting a load of abuse too...and people sometimes wonder why young players don't get the chances they used to.

=D> Fans wonder why we don't see loyalty in football, works both ways. I for one will be cheering him loudly at Fulham next week.

Last edited:
I think that in the last few games Walker has been playing at a good acceptable standard, I thought he was good yesterday other than his one obvious mistake, runs will always come to an end and we should use this defeat as a kick up the backside to finish the season strongly.

Walker is a very good player and people seem to forget all the good he has done. If we had any other RB in the league we would hav conceded a lot more goals when players break through the high line.

He is young and still learning. As for the blunder, yes it was a very poor back pass but if Lloris had stayed on his line i doubt we would have conceded as the ball was going out wide ajd Vert was covering.

Give the lad a break.

Agree - he has all the raw attributes to be a top class RB but just needs an experienced CB alongside him to talk to him and help him learn. Hopefully the coaches will be helping him develop to. To find a better RB than him would cost us a packet and at a time when we need to spend the limited cash which we have elsewhere. We're also not Real Madrid and just attract any player we want

Agree - he has all the raw attributes to be a top class RB but just needs an experienced CB alongside him to talk to him and help him learn. Hopefully the coaches will be helping him develop to. To find a better RB than him would cost us a packet and at a time when we need to spend the limited cash which we have elsewhere. We're also not Real Madrid and just attract any player we want
This.

I like my full backs to be defenders first and attackers second. That's why I loved Corluka, and have never been convinced by Walker.

That said, the modern game, especially with AVB's high line, needs high-energy overlapping full backs who can control a wing. Attack is the best form of defence, and all that. Sure, Walker makes the odd mistake, but he's one hell of a talent. Unfortunately, a defender's mistakes are there for all the world to see, like yesterday. I thought he had a decent game -- had trouble dealing with Coutinho, but he's not going to be the only one in that boat.

Most of the time, Walker's pace allows him to cover for his positional errors. With time and coaching, those errors will lessen.

Back