• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I agree he had a poor game, but you can't pin that one on him. Evra was marked by Lennon who just let him go without giving Walker a shout. You can see from Walker's reaction to Lennon that there wasn't one.

In the same token, Walker didn't once look over his shoulder during the entire passage of play and had a gapping hole behind him the entire time and he was practically standing on Caulkers or Gallas' heels as I remember. A better defender wouldn't have left such a space in the first place imo (if memory is serving me right).

As Wookie has said, he didnt have a clue of what was going on behind him as he was ball watching. Maybe it was Lennons man, but what was Walker actually doing if he wasnt covering the back post. Just feel that Walker rignt now is the right back version of Gomes, where he does some good things but ruins it all with clangers and poor decision making.

As Wookie has said, he didnt have a clue of what was going on behind him as he was ball watching. Maybe it was Lennons man, but what was Walker actually doing if he wasnt covering the back post. Just feel that Walker rignt now is the right back version of Gomes, where he does some good things but ruins it all with clangers and poor decision making.

Can I ask what are the good things he does? I never thought he was a particularly good defender, but at least looked a threat going forward but he has simply been found out and is getting progressively worse in attack. Yes Gomes made some clangers, but he made absolute world class saves. Walker isn't even average in attack anymore and his defensive play really leaves a lot to be desired....

I think Walker has been quite poor so far this year both attacking and defending but we must remember how young he is and he just won PFA young player of the year, we need to standy by him I am sure he will come out of this form soon

I guess the good things are that in a one on one situation he normally has the pace to give him an advantage. Despite having no end product, he still tries to get forward a lot and for a young player he has played a decent amount of prem games. The key part is whether he is willing to learn and how fast cause right now he is just a liability.

Walker is a Liability

This guy is a loose cannon ! I know he's young and shows plenty of promise but is far from the finished article !
Looks great going forward 70% of the time but as a defender (which is what he is) he is a liability !
Today, all he had to do was put it out for a throw but once again self destructs and gives away the crucial goal !
Maybe he needs another loan spell to mature? Then maybe we can bring in a quality right back in jan!
He's been our consistant weak link this season so far imo

Re: Walker is a Liability

He's not been fantastic. But he was just fractions away from being heralded a hero to then being slammed as the villain. If his long ranger had gone in there wold be a huge love in.

Personally I do feel he has made a lot of mistakes this season already. His pace and athleticism gives us something very important in the side though

There is alot about him I like as a player but I'd rather he was boring and got the job done for us at RB

He's not been fantastic. But he was just fractions away from being heralded a hero to then being slammed as the villain. If his long ranger had gone in there wold be a huge love in.

Personally I do feel he has made a lot of mistakes this season already. His pace and athleticism gives us something very important in the side though

This.

He's added a lot of pace and attacking flair. Defence by offence. What we need is an option at RB with a more defensive slant, but able to support Lennon going forwards.

This.

He's added a lot of pace and attacking flair. Defence by offence. What we need is an option at RB with a more defensive slant, but able to support Lennon going forwards.

Agree...He just needs to mature a bit imo...A brilliant prospect for us but not sure if he is solid enough as a defender at the moment

Heard he had to delete his twitter account because of the abuse he got. Fans, people in general are a joke. Seems like self decency has gone from society. What gives people the right to abuse a person on the back of a performance in a football game

The abuse he has been given by a select few 'spurs' fans is fudging disgusting.

The boy is bang out of form, but nobody deserves that kind of abuse, especially a young 22 year old who is still learning the game.

Them 'fans' have short memories because he was given PFA young POTY only last season!

Had that been Caulker who made a mistake a bet them 'fans' would have let him off and said 'he's still young and learning."

Do they really think abusing him will turn his form around?! To abuse him to the point where it mentally affects him so much he feels he needs to delete his twitter account is embarassing. And by his own fans too.

At first i wanted him dropped, but now i hope he plays and the REAL fans chant his name so that he knows the REAL tottenham hotspur fans still support him.

The ones who abused him can fudge off to Serbia and support Chelsea.

The boy is bang out of form, but nobody deserves that kind of abuse, especially a young 22 year old who is still learning the game.

Them 'fans' have short memories because he was given PFA young POTY only last season!

Had that been Caulker who made a mistake a bet them 'fans' would have let him off and said 'he's still young and learning."

Do they really think abusing him will turn his form around?! To abuse him to the point where it mentally affects him so much he feels he needs to delete his twitter account is embarassing. And by his own fans too.

At first i wanted him dropped, but now i hope he plays and the REAL fans chant his name so that he knows the REAL tottenham hotspur fans still support him.

Problem is the majority will slag off a bad performance. People are not patient and the likes of Sig and Dempsey have to dig very deep to turn their form. And we don't half create a cauldron of hate for them to prove their worth. It's awful.

It's instinctive to groan when Dempsey spins around and ruins an attack. I do it too. But their comes a point he we need to rally around our own and give them something extra. Sadly I can't ever see that happening.

Problem is the majority will slag off a bad performance. People are not patient and the likes of Sig and Dempsey have to dig very deep to turn their form. And we don't half create a cauldron of hate for them to prove their worth. It's awful.

It's instinctive to groan when Dempsey spins around and ruins an attack. I do it too. But their comes a point he we need to rally around our own and give them something extra. Sadly I can't ever see that happening.

Players are not immune to being slagged off - as long as it isnt booing in the stadium or abusing a player through Twitter etc.

Im guilty of not being patient with Sig or Dempsey - I suppose it is because I a) never wanted them in the first place b) saw 14m pounds down the drain and c) not the quality we require.

i have (on here only) slagged off Walker recently and simply because you start to notice the deficiencies that he has shown for the last year or so. Is it bad form? or actually a lack of ability and attributes? If someone could list his attributes it really is just pace. Not really skillful, not that great at defending, his concentration doesnt seem to be there and he cant really cross Some of it can be learnt (but why hasnt it improved yet if he should be coached)

Walker would be great as a back up

This absolutely need to sing his name show him that we are not the chavs but have mostly decent fans. He's 22 years old for fook sake I remember Rio at that age making soo many errors. BAE got slaughtered when he first arrived then later formed a pivotal partnership with Bale. Walker will come good I am certain of it. I tell you something there will be better defenders shown up by Juan Mata this season - the guy is class.

I can remember Stephen Carr when he first appeared for Spurs was targeted by opposing managers as the weak link in the defensive unit. Thankfully we stuck by him and he became an awesome defender for us.

Walker is at an age and stage of development where he needs someone talking him through the game at points and for me Gallas is not that person let alone the right person to captain on the pitch but that's for another discussion. Kaboul or Dawson next to him would see much improvement in his game. He's still on a steep learning curve, if he's still making these errors in 2 or 3 years from now then people have every right to question his ability at the top level until then as much as I could wring his neck at times he deserves the fans support.

He certainly has to improve.

Can't defend
Can't cross a ball
No understanding between him and Lennon
Lazy

People think he is good because he is fast and gets forward. I'm sure with good training he will improve. He needs to be dropped but we don't have any competition for him.

To be fair for their last goal he didn't want to hoof the ball out or upfield and give it away, he was looking for an option as we were pushing for an equaliser. I'm sure it it wasn't stoppage time or if it was 3-3 he would have just cleared it.
Also to his credit in the first half he took a yellow and brought down Rameries when they looked like breaking on us.

Back