• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Disagree. He's generally a good egg who will get his head down and be a pro. Being back with the squad and away from his agent will hopefully defuse anything that happened in the spring

Bale is a good egg but that didn't stop him sulking once he got back into pre season amid all the Real speculation.

We shall see, but when a player wants to go it becomes very clear in their attitude during training

Last edited:
Bale is a good egg but that didn't stop him sulking once he got back into pre season amid all the Real speculation.

We shall see, but when a player wants to go it becomes very clear in their attitude during training

There's a bit of a difference between the opportunity to go to the biggest club in the world, versus a few extra £10ks, to move sideways, to the greyest-rainiest place in the world

There's a bit of a difference between the opportunity to go to the biggest club in the world, versus a few extra £10ks, to move sideways, to the greyest-rainiest place in the world

There is no difference when a player simply wants to move on. Where doesn't matter when he wants to go.

They have to put up or shut up basically

Absolutely. This is where Levy will not be pushed around. He knows his asset and he will get the very most he can. It helps that the player himself, whilst wanting to move, would certainly knuckle down and play if Emirates Marketing Project don't stump it up. Remember, this is a World Cup year, so whatever happened, he cannot afford to strop about if he wants to be part of it (especially as is competitor is the same for both club and country currently)...

Absolutely. This is where Levy will not be pushed around. He knows his asset and he will get the very most he can. It helps that the player himself, whilst wanting to move, would certainly knuckle down and play if Emirates Marketing Project don't stump it up. Remember, this is a World Cup year, so whatever happened, he cannot afford to strop about if he wants to be part of it (especially as is competitor is the same for both club and country currently)...
And I suspect the order for club will be different than for country at the start of the season - so we should have Trippier making sure he keeps his place and walker fighting to get it back. (Although I think we'll see 70/30 rotation - especially when when there is more than one game a week and depending on the opposition)

Oh it definitely does. A player who wants to move on won't sign for just anyone.

Gutter was using Bale moving to glamorous Real as a comparison with Walker taking a sideways step to City in dreary Manchester.....what I'm saying is that if any player wants to leave to another club then they will of course know where they want to go and really it's none of our business to judge. Bale had his motives, Walker has his own. I didn't say they would move to just anyone, the destination is clear and usually it's just a matter of forcing through the move.

Remember, this is a World Cup year, so whatever happened, he cannot afford to strop about if he wants to be part of it (especially as is competitor is the same for both club and country currently)...

This is absolutely spot on, and I hadn't thought of that before. If Walker wants to be in the England squad for the 2018 WC, he can't afford to be stroppy if we end up refusing to sell for a discounted price - there is zero indication that he's that sort of player, and I think he'll remain professional throughout, but he doesn't really have a choice if keeping his England spot is his motivation.

If he kicks up a fuss, we play Trippier, and he gets that RB spot over Walker (alongside Clyne). We have all the power in that scenario - but hopefully it doesn't come to that, and we can part ways amicably enough. With City paying full price, mind - not a penny off on the price, and with constant nudges upwards if we feel they're getting desperate.

Gutter was using Bale moving to glamorous Real as a comparison with Walker taking a sideways step to City in dreary Manchester.....what I'm saying is that if any player wants to leave to another club then they will of course know where they want to go and really it's none of our business to judge. Bale had his motives, Walker has his own. I didn't say they would move to just anyone, the destination is clear and usually it's just a matter of forcing through the move.

One's a marginal gain, the other is a different gravity

One's a marginal gain, the other is a different gravity

Yes Madrid are a different class to City. However Walker would at least be doubling his wages and would still be challenging for the title so I would query it being a marginal gain. Especially as by the end of the window City may very well have spent £300m improving the squad

Back