• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kid number 3?

The wife and I are currently discussing a second one. First has just turned three so he'd be at school (nearly) by the time the second turned up.

I've just got used to getting a night's sleep, so it's a massive lifestyle change.

I've got 3 roughly spaced 4 years apart - 3-7-11 yrs old. I can't remember what my life was like before kids but I think it was good. All I remember now is wiping arses. I comfort myself with the thought that they'll be wiping my arse one day. And I'm going to sh1t all over myself to get back at them.

Last edited:
Today I wanted to watch the grand prix, wimbledon final, and the final of Euro2016.

What I actually did was argue with my wife about who would look after our son at what time, argue that I had to look after him during the grand prix, he wouldn't shut up so I had to pause it for an hour whilst playing/fannying around, then started to watch it and the wife wants me to eat lunch with them but I want to watch, so I pause again and eat with them, then I go back to watch it but no, that is not fair to just go back and sit down, so I finally get to watch it a couple of hours late and skip through most of it to get it done, I missed 90% of the tennis by that point, meanwhile I'm getting moaned at and my son is hitting me in the face.

Then I get to play some more with him, so I play lego for an hour, then outside for "football" i.e. fetch the ball from under the hedge. Then I get to read him a bedtime story and miss the first 20 minutes of the football. Then 10 minutes later he walks back in the lounge, moaning he can't sleep and that mummy says he can stay up with me watching telly. And can we put on Cars 2?

Then he goes and fetches a gun and shoots me in the eye with a nerf thing, so I shout at him and he goes off crying.

Without kids, none of the above would have happened, I'd have had a nice day watching sport and drinking beer and enjoying my day. Can't wait to go back to work tomorrow.

everyone I know who has 3 kids has to have a 2nd job/does a lot of overtime/wife has to work.

All depends on what Quality of life you and your missus want

On the plus side... Disney and pixer make some great films...

Which considering that is all i have watched in the last 5 years is great

If anyone needs the words recited from any of the 'cars' films let me know....

everyone I know who has 3 kids has to have a 2nd job/does a lot of overtime/wife has to work.

All depends on what Quality of life you and your missus want

is that not to increase the time they can spend out of the house ;-)

On the plus side... Disney and pixer make some great films...

Which considering that is all i have watched in the last 5 years is great

If anyone needs the words recited from any of the 'cars' films let me know....

ha, yeah, if someone asked me my favourite tv star at the moment I'd probably say Justin Fletcher

Gigglebiz is genuinely funny, much better than any of the crap the Beeb peddled on bbc3

I don't have any kids at the moment but both the other half and I are broody. You bastards have now made me rethink having children completely.

I don't have any kids at the moment but both the other half and I are broody. You bastards have now made me rethink having children completely.
One is fudging great, and really easy. Two is much, much harder. I'm glad I never even have to contemplate three. If you are going to have two, wait until the first is as old as possible, because the missus will start getting broody when the kid stops being a toddler, and they'll want a baby again. If you have two, say two years apart, they will still want another, once those two have got older. If you have twins, you're fudged.

My daughter will be 8 in August. My son turned 6 in May. My (new) partner has a 4 year old.
It's utterly manic when they're all together, and I need to buy a bigger car, which is a pain.
However, it does also mean we have weekends completely and utterly to ourselves whilst they're all with their respective "other" parents.

Which is a big help, on the sanity stakes.

One is fudgeing great, and really easy. Two is much, much harder. I'm glad I never even have to contemplate three. If you are going to have two, wait until the first is as old as possible, because the missus will start getting broody when the kid stops being a toddler, and they'll want a baby again. If you have two, say two years apart, they will still want another, once those two have got older. If you have twins, you're fudgeed.

Currently experiencing this. We have a 3 year old and a 18month old so far...............

Still, it's the best thing ever (aside from the absolute insanity at times).

Well it does not matter how old they get they still need their noses wiped at times, my two are both in their 30's and every time the phone rings its usually one of them say DAAAAAAAD.

It's like living with a pack of untrained dogs, Auro.
As the wife works shifts as a nurse I'm often left alone with them mornings, afternoons and every 3rd weekend. This afternoon I picked them up late, I was told, at kindergarten because of summer opening hours. Hasted home and got working on dinner with the littlest one doing his best to mess up the kitchen.
Ok, dinner served and kids hardly fed because they'd rather be clowning around. I put on some kids telly while doing the dishes and then sneak off to the bedroom for a 2 minute power nap. Silly me, now the 2 yo has escaped and is running around in the garden wearing socks. The 6 yo has noticed but doesn't give a brick.
I fetch him, put some shoes on him and take a glance at my motorbike wondering if my chain needs a good cleaning. And he's off again! Now I find him at my neighbor's, without shoes, scratching his foot. Probably tinkled on by ants or something.
The 6 yo is playing football and still don't care, but he's hungry because he hardly ate any dinner and is now getting in a mood.

Now they're both fed and seemingly happy. The wee one is probably sleepy and with any luck he should be sleeping before 19:30. The big brother will try to every measure to keep his eyelids open until 22:00, carefully letting me now every few minutes he hasn't fallen to sleep yet.

So it's actually been a very good day! Very little crying or excessive spilling on the floor. No bricky diapers and even some laughter and fun!

Back