• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kid number 3?

It's like living with a pack of untrained dogs, Auro.
As the wife works shifts as a nurse I'm often left alone with them mornings, afternoons and every 3rd weekend. This afternoon I picked them up late, I was told, at kindergarten because of summer opening hours. Hasted home and got working on dinner with the littlest one doing his best to mess up the kitchen.
Ok, dinner served and kids hardly fed because they'd rather be clowning around. I put on some kids telly while doing the dishes and then sneak off to the bedroom for a 2 minute power nap. Silly me, now the 2 yo has escaped and is running around in the garden wearing socks. The 6 yo has noticed but doesn't give a brick.
I fetch him, put some shoes on him and take a glance at my motorbike wondering if my chain needs a good cleaning. And he's off again! Now I find him at my neighbor's, without shoes, scratching his foot. Probably tinkleed on by ants or something.
The 6 yo is playing football and still don't care, but he's hungry because he hardly ate any dinner and is now getting in a mood.

Now they're both fed and seemingly happy. The wee one is probably sleepy and with any luck he should be sleeping before 19:30. The big brother will try to every measure to keep his eyelids open until 22:00, carefully letting me now every few minutes he hasn't fallen to sleep yet.

So it's actually been a very good day! Very little crying or excessive spilling on the floor. No brickty diapers and even some laughter and fun!

Haha, this is a GOOD day?! I have a 2 year old roosterapoo, he's a handful on his own but at least he's trained!

Haha, this is a GOOD day?! I have a 2 year old roosterapoo, he's a handful on his own but at least he's trained!

On a positive note, you cherish every single second of alone time when you have kids. The sweet taste of freedom you took for granted all those years, taste better than ever. And then you realize how you tinkled away so many years doing nothing before you had kids. You blame yourself for not traveling more, all those hangovers spent on a sofa, tinkling away the day watching TV.

I tell all my friends who're in relationships to enjoy their lives while they can! fudge renovating your house, go on an adventure! Take time off work, go watch a baseball match in Japan and eat delicious food and do one of those chicks with white painted faces. Go to major sporting events such as the Olympics and football tournaments, even without tickets for the events it's packed full of life and memories waiting to happen. Go golfing, cycling, take a summer job in Italy picking wine grapes, buy a motorcycle and be king of the world for a month. Do it!

On a positive note, you cherish every single second of alone time when you have kids. The sweet taste of freedom you took for granted all those years, taste better than ever. And then you realize how you tinkleed away so many years doing nothing before you had kids. You blame yourself for not traveling more, all those hangovers spent on a sofa, tinkleing away the day watching TV.

I tell all my friends who're in relationships to enjoy their lives while they can! fudge renovating your house, go on an adventure! Take time off work, go watch a baseball match in Japan and eat delicious food and do one of those chicks with white painted faces. Go to major sporting events such as the Olympics and football tournaments, even without tickets for the events it's packed full of life and memories waiting to happen. Go golfing, cycling, take a summer job in Italy picking wine grapes, buy a motorcycle and be king of the world for a month. Do it!
You can do all that again when your youngest reaches 18.

On a positive note, you cherish every single second of alone time when you have kids. The sweet taste of freedom you took for granted all those years, taste better than ever. And then you realize how you tinkleed away so many years doing nothing before you had kids. You blame yourself for not traveling more, all those hangovers spent on a sofa, tinkleing away the day watching TV.

I forgot to mention in my last post that we want to do more travelling. I've been lucky to have ventured around various continents, but still so much to see. Plus, we have various personal projects we want to get off the ground before committing to having children. Everything you've explained above is spot on with my mindset right now (maybe not doing the chicks with white faces, not sure the missus would let me get away with that ;) ).

Definitely getting broody though, so should probably get my arse into gear and stop spending so much time on football forums hahaha.

Have one just about to turn two, and another one due for January. I'm pleading insanity.

Especially since our little girl doesn't do sleep, sitting still or shutting up.

It's a blessing though, I would've done the same all over again, although my physical and mental health is in a poor condition these days.

And of course I have no idea what two will be like. Just like I was clueless about the difference between a kid and no kid.

I do know that three kids never will happen though. Going for the op as soon as number two is safely delivered.

Back