• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

2ECB0C8900000578-0-image-a-9_1448446150929.jpg

Yay, glad to see he is still at the club, I actually forgot what he looked like

What is the plan for this guy, is he simply just back for Jan?
You would think he need to play.

Acclimatise for a year - rather than being thrown in to sink or swim?

Alder and Verts can't both play 65 games, so he'll surely get some game time in the spring.

Wimmer viewfinder

After Papy Djilobodji, clearly lack of playing time at Chelsea, OM would also be interested in Tottenham defender: "In England, they also mentioned the keys between Marseille and Tottenham for the loan of Kevin Wimmer." The Austrian defender was purchased by the Spurs against the sum of 6 million euros last summer. The defender has merely three appearances this season, in the Europa League and League Cup.

http://www.le10sport.com/football/m...autre-defenseur-de-premier-league-vise-215495

Wimmer viewfinder

After Papy Djilobodji, clearly lack of playing time at Chelsea, OM would also be interested in Tottenham defender: "In England, they also mentioned the keys between Marseille and Tottenham for the loan of Kevin Wimmer." The Austrian defender was purchased by the Spurs against the sum of 6 million euros last summer. The defender has merely three appearances this season, in the Europa League and League Cup.

http://www.le10sport.com/football/m...autre-defenseur-de-premier-league-vise-215495

I actually like Wimmer quite a bit. Really calm, collected and composed against Monaco. I'd definitely keep him as part of the second pairing of CBs behind Toby-Jan. However...if OM want him on loan, we might as well send him out to gain some playing time, although we'd have to keep Fazio around until the summer if it did happen. Only as a quid pro quo, however. For Batshuayi. :D

I would rather we kept Wimmer here, if anything happens to Jan or Toby then we will need him.

Exactly. Fazio is worth some money but sadly not worth much to the team/squad. So he has to be shifted.

Wimmer looks solid/reliable, a 7/10 player who will step in and not give you heart attacks. The trouble is Poch is reluctant to break the Verts/Toby partnership and rightfully so. That leaves Wimmer scratching around for game time. But injuries/suspensions may come along, plus its his first year so maybe he will tolerate being a bit part for this year.

We definitely need him here with Fazio likely off to Seville and Veljkovic going to Brentford if he signs his extension.

Alder, Verts and 2CV is very very thin.

Wimmer needs time to acclimatise to this country anyway, not a slow-paced league like France.

I actually like Wimmer quite a bit. Really calm, collected and composed against Monaco. I'd definitely keep him as part of the second pairing of CBs behind Toby-Jan. However...if OM want him on loan, we might as well send him out to gain some playing time, although we'd have to keep Fazio around until the summer if it did happen. Only as a quid pro quo, however. For Batshuayi. :D

We are talking to Sevilla at the moment about Fazio moving in Jan.

Wimmer will surely get game time in the new year. As parklane says: I like him. He could become a very good player in a year or two. What impresses me most is his ability with the ball to his feet, very good. I cant see why the club or he would benefit from loaing him to Marseille or any foreign club. If he want out on loan, it should be to Swansea or another club in the PL needing him badly.

We definitely need him here with Fazio likely off to Seville and Veljkovic going to Brentford if he signs his extension.

Alder, Verts and 2CV is very very thin.

Wimmer needs time to acclimatise to this country anyway, not a slow-paced league like France.

France?
He's come from the fast paced Bundesliga where everyone is obsessed with high pressing and counter attacking.

He meant the proposed league that the article suggests he will be loaned to.

Fair enough I only spotted this now.

There is surely a case to be made of Wimmer sloting in instead of Dier in a back three. And leaving Dier in midfield.
Vertonghen as an almost sweeper in between Alderweireld and the left footed Wimmer?
I woulnt mind seeing this against Leicester if they go 442.

Fair enough I only spotted this now.

There is surely a case to be made of Wimmer sloting in instead of Dier in a back three. And leaving Dier in midfield.
Vertonghen as an almost sweeper in between Alderweireld and the left footed Wimmer?
I woulnt mind seeing this against Leicester if they go 442.
In theory I like that. But Wimmer has not tasted the Premier league yet. But again, you only get that experience by playing. And coming from the German league he is used to a certain level of pace and physicality. I still dont really understand the need for three centre backs just because they are playing two up front, but if so the man in the middle should be the most dominant in the air and in strength and i think that is either Alderweireld or Wimmer.

More like this:

Dier------Alderweireld------Vertonghen

or

Alderweireld -----Wimmer-----Vertonghen.

Dier showed against Watford he is still not up to the physical side of being the last in the line. I still think it was a foul as Igbalo basically pushes him with two hands so he missed the header. But in the good old EPL that is seen as ok and out muscling your marker so he has to combat that.

Thought he was alright today, the partnership with Alderweild was obv not great (as you'd imagine having barely played together) but individually he did ok, decent on the ball. I like him, I'd have no fears playing him if one of our two Belgiams were injured.

He was okay, I guess. Didn't do anything wrong that stood out. He was never likely to strike up an understanding with Toby that matches the one Toby's got with Jan, however, and it showed in our newfound fragility.

Back