• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Just back from Goodison

Weve conceded 10 goals in the last 10 mins of the 16 games weve played, in that time weve not scored once

Weve conceded 10 goals in the last 10 mins of the 16 games weve played, in that time weve not scored once

That's just ridiculously bad - yet people wanna bury their head in the sand and yet criticise people for asking the question 'why it hasn't improved'

Its akin to burying your head in the sand if you're in debt and not doin anything about it yet criticising people as to why you're asking the question.

Its costing us.

It's not as easy as turning off a tap though. Teams throw caution to the wind, they have nothing to lose, or maybe they do get caught and end up conceding.
But we do have a fragile mindset and a tendency to let it happen too often.
Look at United and City yesterday. Bayern v Chelsea in the CL final. Bayern v united years ago. This stuff happens, dealing with it is a lot harder than we think. We can start by cutting out the individual errors and having leaders out there continually talking to one another

That's just ridiculously bad - yet people wanna bury their head in the sand and yet criticise people for asking the question 'why it hasn't improved'

Its akin to burying your head in the sand if you're in debt and not doin anything about it yet criticising people as to why you're asking the question.

Its costing us.

The debt analogy is a good one. Look at it like the interest we're paying on the debt is the mentality (fragility) of our players. You can't just pay off that debt as the interest is keeping you down. Changing the mentality of a club takes a long time - it won't happen overnight and unless AVB is some kind of miracle worker, it won't happen this season.

Last season we had King and Parker in the team at the end of matches - two very good defensive players. So even though teams could put us under pressure, we had those two to make the difference (Kaboul is pretty good at last-ditch defending too). When it came to playing the ball back out, you wouldn't believe the difference Modric makes there. We don't have anyone in the team who can receive the ball tightly marked, get into space and then distribute it well. Remember how he'd receive the ball on the left of the field, go past a marker and switch it 30-40 yds to Lennon? We simply don't have that any more.

When it came to playing the ball back out, you wouldn't believe the difference Modric makes there. We don't have anyone in the team who can receive the ball tightly marked, get into space and then distribute it well. Remember how he'd receive the ball on the left of the field, go past a marker and switch it 30-40 yds to Lennon? We simply don't have that any more.

Sure remember that, Lennon scored quite a few late late goals last season.

Sure remember that, Lennon scored quite a few late late goals last season.

I think you've hit the tickle my balls with a feather there. AVB always seems to sub lennon, but he is one of our best players at relieving pressure. Running the ball into the corner etc.

The debt analogy is a good one. Look at it like the interest we're paying on the debt is the mentality (fragility) of our players. You can't just pay off that debt as the interest is keeping you down. Changing the mentality of a club takes a long time - it won't happen overnight and unless AVB is some kind of miracle worker, it won't happen this season.

Last season we had King and Parker in the team at the end of matches - two very good defensive players. So even though teams could put us under pressure, we had those two to make the difference (Kaboul is pretty good at last-ditch defending too). When it came to playing the ball back out, you wouldn't believe the difference Modric makes there. We don't have anyone in the team who can receive the ball tightly marked, get into space and then distribute it well. Remember how he'd receive the ball on the left of the field, go past a marker and switch it 30-40 yds to Lennon? We simply don't have that any more.

I agree but isnt that why we brought Dembele? Because from what I gather from here - he was an adequate replacement for Modric...

So explain something to me if we dont have that Modric player in there why are we playing well up until around the 70th minute? Why are we just constantly panicking in the last 15-20 mins but not before? Im assuming youre going to say because the last 20 mins the opposition will pile on the pressure right? Then I suppose all we can do, if we cant defend, is to fight fire with fire and attack - give them something to think about.

When will you learn? This is spurs your talking about

Impact ......HA HA
some of our players couldn't have an impact on a cheese and tomato sandwich!

I wonder what Fergie would have said to his players if they had thrown away 3 points in 3 minutes of extra time!

Thers no getting away from it in my opinnion........were soft.....

we have a good enough squad for top 4......but were soft...and guess what...I have not got a clue why..

do the players think they arn't good enough because were Tottenham Hotspur..or what?

I just cannot make it out for the life of me, but something is wrong with the psychology of our footballers

Rant Over......................

I agree but isnt that why we brought Dembele? Because from what I gather from here - he was an adequate replacement for Modric...

So explain something to me if we dont have that Modric player in there why are we playing well up until around the 70th minute? Why are we just constantly panicking in the last 15-20 mins but not before? Im assuming youre going to say because the last 20 mins the opposition will pile on the pressure right? Then I suppose all we can do, if we cant defend, is to fight fire with fire and attack - give them something to think about.

I think we've always been under pressure when defending a lead - in fact, most teams are most of the time. That's just the nature of football.

Teams can throw caution to the wind and pressure us really high as we don't have the players to play the outball. It used to be King who was sooo composed and cool in defence, and Modric in midfield who could make himself space before playing a good pass forward. Hopefully Vertonghen can fulfil King's role when he's back in the centre, but we still don't have the midfield part of that equation.

I don't think Dembele's the answer when it comes to that situation. Yes, he's very good at finding himself a little space like Modric could, but he's not so good at the kind of pinpoint pass you need to find Lennon/Defoe/Bale/Ade when we've got one player up and they have 2/3 defenders back. It also doesn't help when Ade's doing his best impression of a pinball machine bumper for most of the match.

I think you've hit the tickle my balls with a feather there. AVB always seems to sub lennon, but he is one of our best players at relieving pressure. Running the ball into the corner etc.

hmm...but if we are talking about Everton game, do you suggest AVB should done nothing, both teams happily settled for a 0-0 draw?

Lennon looked knackered midway through the second half. If we're talking subs and AVB's defensive ones surely Livermore in front of the defense on either flank would have been better.

The one week we probably could have done with a midweek fixture, to get back out on the pitch and get yesterday out of system, and sods law, we dont have one.
Dont know about all of you, but Sunday is going to take an age to come around

The one week we probably could have done with a midweek fixture, to get back out on the pitch and get yesterday out of system, and sods law, we dont have one.

The players need to recharge their batteries - it's been a hard won 4 wins on the bounce before essentially beating Everton (barring the last 2 minutes) - a great effort.

Those complaining we concede at the end of games - that is because we are often one goal up. If we were one goal down we would probably be scoring at the end and saying how strongly we finish.

Those complaining about the substitutes for tired players, seems AVB is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

Personally I think our displays have been pretty poor for months, so I am amazed we were up in 4th with so many wins on the bounce - perhaps 2 late goals is what we deserve, 9 points from 12 ain't a bad return for the way we've been playing.

Was nice to see us back in blue shorts yesterday I thought

Not down with this whole all white thing

The stats don't lie. We do not have an out ball when we are struggling..pressure builds like steam in a kettle.
Brad wasting time has helped us more than some here wish to acknowledge as well.
From all the reports that was not the reason why we lost against Everton. I can't wait until I can see a few Spurs games for the pleasure that will bring me (?) and also to maybe make a decent contribution to the discussion about why we are flopping in the last 10.

Different player IMHO...'tis why he needed Moutinho...

I wonder how many times this season we've played with the same back 5 for more than 2 games in a row, let alone a FIRST-CHOICE back 5?

I think Parker is and has been a big loss. There has been a lot of voices on here talking about selling (without much thought may I add) - I wouldnt sell him for the world. He may not be the most creative passer but he battles and can keep hold of the ball a bit.

I agree about the modric thing - he was just an exceptional player and thats why Levy really needs to get this moutinho deal done in the summer (january wont happen I would put my house on it not happening)

I wonder how many times this season we've played with the same back 5 for more than 2 games in a row, let alone a FIRST-CHOICE back 5?

Not many and I think had we had Dawson against Everton we would have come away with a 1-0 win - which is ironic as most people on here would have been happy with selling him in an instant but Dawson is useful for games against the physical teams like Everton. but like Parker people just wanna sell him and sell sell sell.

HOWEVER Steff - not sure how a settled back five would have defended less deeper. Kaboul and Vert have barely played together so we are assuming that they will hit it off as a centre pairing - we dont know. We miss BAE badly really badly though I def see that as a massive issue. Lloris is settling in pretty well and knows what he is doing - the two mistakes from caulker showed that Lloris talks and organises his defence which I like - shame caulker fudged up twice though.

Not many and I think had we had Dawson against Everton we would have come away with a 1-0 win - which is ironic as most people on here would have been happy with selling him in an instant but Dawson is useful for games against the physical teams like Everton. but like Parker people just wanna sell him and sell sell sell.

HOWEVER Steff - not sure how a settled back five would have defended less deeper. Kaboul and Vert have barely played together so we are assuming that they will hit it off as a centre pairing - we dont know. We miss BAE badly really badly though I def see that as a massive issue. Lloris is settling in pretty well and knows what he is doing - the two mistakes from caulker showed that Lloris talks and organises his defence which I like - shame caulker fudged up twice though.

I'm no Dawson fan but I believe if it had have been Dawson on the pitch for last 5 minutes instead of Caulker he would have cleared both those high balls that caused the goals. But who knows what would have happened in the rest of the game.

Back