• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

I don't care if Terry doesn't have his life ruined by this trial. The mere fact he has been proven guilty is enough to prove he's a scumbag in the public's eyes.

To my mind he's already a scumbag based on numerous previous incidents. I'm pretty sure his reputation is bad already and joe public see it the same way. This would just be another black mark on his rap sheet. I hope he gets what is coming to him.

So who would you call black trash? See? Why not leave out the colour part and just say trash.

As far as I know there is no such cultural generalisation as "black trash".

If I were to just say "trash" then it has an entirely different meaning - more like waste product. Terry is white trash.

If I were to just say "trash" then it has an entirely different meaning - more like waste product. Terry is white trash.
This thread is turning into petty horsebrick and needs to be closed down . Recipe for diaster . Football not court cases of the enemy please

I reckon Terry will be found not guilty since its difficult to disprove his defense about what was said while the camera was obstructed. Ferdinand himself said he doesn't know what was said at the time and is going by the camera footage. Most people have a strong opinion about what was actually said, but is it beyond reasonable doubt as required for a criminal prosecution? I'd suggest theres significant enough doubt to work in Terry's favour here.

It's a too way street. You say white trash and id be offended just the same as I called someone black trash they would be, American slang or not. End of.

If I got done for racism at Spurs id lose my job and my ST, if Terry gets found guilty why should he be any different from me...

It's a too way street. You say white trash and id be offended just the same as I called someone black trash they would be, American slang or not. End of.

end of? seriously? not there's constructive.

can you honestly say you don't use any slang or abbreviations or suchlike in life?

white trash is term coined by, and used openly within, US culture and is akin to the use of the word chav

(not that that makes "white trash" acceptable as the history of the phrase does have racial undertones)

Last edited:
end of? seriously? not there's constructive.

can you honestly say you don't use any slang or abbreviations or suchlike in life?

white trash is term coined by, and used openly within, US culture and is akin to the use of the word chav

I use chav yes. I don't say anything colour related no. This thread is here because a white person said something derogatory about a black person and has rightly been taken to task. The use of the term white trash is no different to me and I take exception to it. That's the point I'm making.

I use chav yes. I don't say anything colour related no. This thread is here because a white person said something derogatory about a black person and has rightly been taken to task. The use of the term white trash is no different to me and I take exception to it. That's the point I'm making.

Whilst, I'm not offended as such by term, surely it's the right thing to do to just not use language that may cause offence as it has done to Roy. Lets not get sidetracked here anyway, John Terry is a very naughty man indeed. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I find the word Chav offensive. I take exception to it.

No, it's not a two way street.

Black trash isn't in common parlance, it's being used to intentionally degrade someone because of the colour of their skin.

White trash is degrading someone because of their social class/status and, while offensive, is not racist.

There are many different claims of origin. I have a book on this. Your claim is just one possible origin.
and here all this time I thought it meant Council Housed And Violent. That's how it was relayed to me anyway.

lol at this bit today:

Crown to Ashley Cole: 'You used to play for Arsenal, the crowd doesn't make any noise at the Emirates do they?' [LAUGHTER in court]

Back