• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

He was decent and for his age did not look out of place, he is not ready for a regular spot but he looks promising.

I can't think of a single 18 year old in the world currently good enough for a regular spot for us... Might be my lack of footballing knowledge, but really struggle to think of one.

He looked awesome for his age. He even looked good not considering his age.

I can't think of a single 18 year old in the world currently good enough for a regular spot for us... Might be my lack of footballing knowledge, but really struggle to think of one.

He looked awesome for his age. He even looked good not considering his age.

First point I do agree with.

Second point I do disagree, he was decent awesome he was not ( imo).

I was at the last fa cup game against Leicester, Onomah was impressive, he was targeted a bit by the Leicester players but, he accounted for himself well and seems like he has a bit of everything; hope he plays tomorrow!

I really like the way that Pochettino has gradually introduced him, initially giving him short cameos very late in games that we are holding out in to show the player that he trusts him and gradually increasing the time he spends on the pitch as a sub in the PL games, while starting him in the cup games.

It is clear to see that he is a good player. He seems to play a very mature game, which is rare from a player of that age with that little experience. I think as he grows in confidence and realises that he belongs at that level we will see him get a little bit more daring on the pitch.

I think that Onomah will end up being a Dembele type player and settle into the second (non holding) central midfield spot. I wonder whether he will do a bit of filling out over the next couple of years so that his physique also becomes similar to Dembele's?

This kid is going places. Looks very comfortable and not at all afraid of getting stuck in or taking on opponents.

He didn't have much impact today, but didn't do much wrong either - can definitely see a future for him as a Spurs regular of he keeps developing. Very exciting!

I was surprised that he didn't start tonight. I thought that he played ok when he came on, but tonight was the perfect chance to start him again.

What I like about Onomah is that he doesn't look like a youth player getting his chance. So often you get player who comes in and just wants to be safe. Onomah demands the ball and looks like he belongs there. Hopefully we have unearthed another big talent here.

I was surprised that he didn't start tonight. I thought that he played ok when he came on, but tonight was the perfect chance to start him again.

It'll be a steady process with him. Turned out to be a good thing to get Chadli some game time no? With the europa league games coming up I think it bodes well to get people who've been injured back up to speed.

But in general I am in agreement with the comments on the thread here. Seems very talented and in no way looks out of place when he comes on. You'd have to expect him starting against Colchester if fit, it would be lovely to see his first goal for the club.

I think he has a lot to learn and is lacking that first touch, the ball has a tendency to get stuck between his feet when he's looking for the pass, whether that is his brain working faster than his feet or a lack of playing time I don't know. He looks decent but not at first team level yet.

I think he has a lot to learn and is lacking that first touch, the ball has a tendency to get stuck between his feet when he's looking for the pass, whether that is his brain working faster than his feet or a lack of playing time I don't know. He looks decent but not at first team level yet.

This is where Poch truly impresses me. He is not fazed by continuing to blood younger talent in proper games and on a 'regular basis'.

It adds so much value to the Spurs brand. That is very important in today's inflated transfer market.

That is the way I saw it as well, the guy has ability ( no doubt) but lets not get carried away yet as spursspinter said it will need steady progress, I think what Poch is doing is the right way.

I don't doubt that Poch is doing it the right way, what i don't want is people saying players are going to be superstars and are "awesome" when they've made a handful of games for the first team and are only 18.

Onomah is good, possibly could become very good, but at the moment is not awesome.

The best compliment I could pay this lad is, that I don't feel worried when he comes on, indeed on occasions he has been a breath of fresh air when he has come on. Just missing that first goal to really kickstart his Spurs career, and I am confident will be sooner rather than later

He fits in well when on the pitch and doesn't hide. He's learning a new role, given that his role in the youth ranks has been more of a #10 and looks unfazed by it. Hopefully we will see a lot more from him as the years go by.

My worry is that if we do get into the Champs League, will we give young players like Josh the game time?? I'd imagine there would still be the cameos in the league and domestic competitions, but against top level European competition will we still see the same?

I don't doubt that Poch is doing it the right way, what i don't want is people saying players are going to be superstars and are "awesome" when they've made a handful of games for the first team and are only 18.

Onomah is good, possibly could become very good, but at the moment is not awesome.

Agree.

He fits in well when on the pitch and doesn't hide. He's learning a new role, given that his role in the youth ranks has been more of a #10 and looks unfazed by it. Hopefully we will see a lot more from him as the years go by.

My worry is that if we do get into the Champs League, will we give young players like Josh the game time?? I'd imagine there would still be the cameos in the league and domestic competitions, but against top level European competition will we still see the same?
I guess it will depend on what our group games look like (whether there are any "easy" teams) and how we prioritize CL vs league. If we're doing well in the league and solidly in top-3, I see no reason why the youngsters couldn't get a start in some of the "easier" matches.

He is awesome for his age.

No one can know how players will develop. But he has the potential to become a superstar, and at that age what more can we realistically want?

He is awesome for his age.

No one can know how players will develop. But he has the potential to become a superstar, and at that age what more can we realistically want?

I don't think you can say 'awesome' for his age. Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and even Walnutt were achieving more at the same age. He looks decent and as though he has potential but too early to say how far he'll go

I don't think you can say 'awesome' for his age. Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney and even Walnutt were achieving more at the same age. He looks decent and as though he has potential but too early to say how far he'll go
Perhaps they were noticed because they were there to score goals?

Back