• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

If true, it means is Spurs career is over. So hopefully not true.

Going to a crap club with a pie and chips manager would really be a bad sign. If he was going to Forest to work with Warburton or something I'd maybe hold out some hope.
That's premature.
Maybe it's Poch adapting as manager and changing his tact
Or perhaps we've developed to the point where this is the best option for some players whereas earlier it wasn't.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this. There was nothing to entertain the idea that he would get serious time in the first team this year.
He has never shown anything playing for us when he came on.

I don't care how well he plays in training or how he has done for the academy or against Venezuela, Costa Rica, South Korea u20s.

The other players we have brought through have stepped up when given the chance.

Omomah is just another of our young players that certain fans are hyping because of what they did at youth level, as if it is in any way comparable.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this. There was nothing to entertain the idea that he would get serious time in the first team this year.
He has never shown anything playing for us when he came on.

I don't care how well he plays in training or how he has done for the academy or against Venezuela, Costa Rica, South Korea u20s.

The other players we have brought through have stepped up when given the chance.

Omomah is just another of our young players that certain fans are hyping because of what they did at youth level, as if it is in any way comparable.
I'm certain you didn't see him play CM for England, otherwise you'd be thinking differently. He's never played for Spurs in CM, so it's way too early to write him off.

Think that's a good move, he'll hopefully get game time and valuable experience, and come back stronger. The Villa loan worked out very well for Kyle Walker back in the day, so we can only hope for a similar progress for Onomah.

Hopefully he'll get loads of starts.

I guess we'll have the option to bring him back during the season if we want to? Only in the January window though, right?

Hmmm...wonder why we didn't let him go to Huddersfield.

Huddersfield wanted all their incoming transfers completed before pre season so Wagner can have them properly ready for the start of the season.

Poch obviously wanted to keep hold of him a month ago and now after seeing him in pre season he is ready to let him go.

Huddersfield wanted all their incoming transfers completed before pre season so Wagner can have them properly ready for the start of the season.

Poch obviously wanted to keep hold of him a month ago and now after seeing him in pre season he is ready to let him go.

Plus, without wanting to put a downer on Huddersfield, there's a high chance they will spend most of the season battling to keep out of (or climb out of) the bottom three, and might be less likely to give playing time to a relatively untested youngster in those circumstances. Whilst playing out a relegation battle would be "character building", that may not be the environment we want for him at this stage.

I'm certain you didn't see him play CM for England, otherwise you'd be thinking differently. He's never played for Spurs in CM, so it's way too early to write him off.

I've seen those highlight reels all over twitter of him bullying Venezuela, Costa Rica, South Korea u20s.

U20 is a strange age group. No competitive games apart from the world cup which is qualified from the u19s the year before.
Most countries u19s teams go on to form the basis of the more important u21 side the year after.
The u19s and u21s are a way more competitive age group.

I'm sure Poch has seen him play CM against men in training enough times.

I honestly don't see him getting a game at CM for Villa neither looking at their squad.

Good news for Onomah. It shows Poch's pragmatism. He is flexible to find the best solution. And this was the best solution. Onomah needs to play consistently now. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Villa.

I like it. I had, and have, a more positive view of the loan system than Poch apparently did/does - and in Onomah's case, he wasn't going to get much playing time exclusively at DM/CM when our roster for that position currently comprises Wanyama, Dembele, Winks and (occasionally) Dier fighting for those spots.

The new contract is an indication that we haven't lost faith in him. And, *provided* he gets plenty of playing time in his favoured position at Villa (which is why I imagine we've sent him there in the first place, as opposed to somewhere higher up the chain like Huddersfield, Burnley or Celtic)....this should turn out to be a low-risk move for all parties. We can now bring in a different squad member in a more pressing position of need, Onomah gets a year out on loan to develop his game in his favoured position (with a break clause in January if that isn't happening), and we can afford adequate playing time to all our central midfielders - with Dembele gradually being eased out of a permanent role when Onomah returns next year, provided his loan spell goes well.

Do you honestly think Onamah is lazy and that's why he isn't playing? Really?

I think it's pretty clear he has Winks and Dembele ahead of him for the role he would be best in. His choice is either play further forward, which just isn't his role, or go out on loan, or stay at Spurs and never really play, and when he does play, he's further forward.

I agree about him going out on loan given that, as you say, he wouldnt play much this coming season. When he did play last year in the relatively large number of cameos, he didnt work in the same way that you'd expect a CM-minded player to work...you'd expect them to be closing down opposition etc even if they are being played out of position

I really think this is a good move, as others have said i could not see him getting many games here ( especially as a starter) and with the likes of Winks ahead of him his progress may have been stunted. I have said before that from what i have seen from him so far for him in the first team as not been that impressive ( before i get all the posts about him not playing his correct posistion i accept that is the case). I know he got rave reviews from some of our fans after his showing in the summer but playing in the first team here is a different ball game.

This loan may be the best thing for him ( and us) and he will now have a chance to show if the talent is really there, it may also show that he is not going to be good enough for us. Either way its a win,win situation for the club.

I hope he establishes himself, because if he can't do it there then he won't be doing it here. I'm not being negative, I really want this lad to succeed with us and I think that this move is a great opportunity for him. If he can go there and hold down a starting berth (preferably as a #8) for the season we will get a very good player back.

I hope he establishes himself, because if he can't do it there then he won't be doing it here. I'm not being negative, I really want this lad to succeed with us and I think that this move is a great opportunity for him. If he can go there and hold down a starting berth (preferably as a #8) for the season we will get a very good player back.

Presumably you'd have written off Kane and Rose as they had unsuccessful loans when they were Onomah's age then?

Back