• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

City as the table leaders with 2nd most goals scored in PL is a red herring? not sure I agree

My point was, better use of the possession when we have the ball, cut out the individual mistakes (especially brick pelanties), don't give away initiative with/without ball, better tempo are probably all more interesting observations than "score more to cover up for brick defence" or some random stat about touches in the box .. random stat "Tottenham has hit the post more than any other side in the league" not sure it means brick either.

I'd say you're trying to distract from our attack being poor by using another low scoring team as evidence to the contrary, which is kinda the definition of a RH.

Plenty of other ways to describe our (lack of) attacking play than just reeling off stats i agree but sometimes a stat does the rounds online which paints a picture.

I’m not aware of baggage myself but people have raised their comments and fears quite a few times around him
Things around arrogance, history and personality
I met him this summer and he was sound and very short which i didn’t realise

and we do have people who don’t want a proven guy, they want a project guy.. someone to prove himself here. That’s fine. It’s why I tried to capture the two extremes

I don't think you'll satisfy both ends of the spectrum with one person.

Who are the proven top level managers available?
Who are the up and coming managers?

Unless there's a Klopp at Dortmund type that straddles the two I'd say you need to go one route or the other

Last edited:
I don't think you'll satisfy both ends of the spectrum with one person.

Who are the proven top level managers available?
Who are the up and coming managers?

Unless there's a Klopp at Dortmund type that straddles the two I'd say you need to go one route or the other
The problem is now that only certain clubs win trophies to prove themselves so then what is proven?

I just look for coaches and managers who team are on the upward curve and it looks like they have changed something to help

Poch had players here on the upward curve but he helped them get better. Even though we didn’t win anything I’d argue he is proven

in Germany the guy at gladbach would be that man I guess (Marco Rose who is going to Dortmund), but he hasn’t won anything although achieved CL qualification for his team

I think Erik Ten Haag would fit the bill as he has the element of proven but also the need to demonstrate more

and in England I think I argued why I’d go for Potter

Spot on.

I think the point Neville makes on the next month being a turning point is fair, if too generous. We will see what happens when this chancer goes up against Moyes soon.

Lose that game...*draw* that game, and there is no way back for him, imo.

We pay this bloke 15m a year to be an upscale Tony Pulis. If gets outdone by Moyes, that has to be the end for him - has to be. He prides himself on hating projects and good football, and being a results man.

Fine. Give us results.

Spot on.

I think the point Neville makes on the next month being a turning point is fair, if too generous. We will see what happens when this chancer goes up against Moyes soon.

Lose that game...*draw* that game, and there is no way back for him, imo.

We pay this bloke 15m a year to be an upscale Tony Pulis. If gets outdone by Moyes, that has to be the end for him - has to be. He prides himself on hating projects and good football, and being a results man.

Fine. Give us results.

I agree, this was on the money. I don't think it is about West Ham though (it will be pride wise for us for sure) it is about where we are going. Two men need to be honest. Until then, everything is academic isn't it, sadly...

I agree, this was on the money. I don't think it is about West Ham though (it will be pride wise for us for sure) it is about where we are going. Two men need to be honest. Until then, everything is academic isn't it, sadly...

The Spam game will tell us a lot, though. Spam will be high in confidence, and will aim to bully us and be first to every ball right from the start.

They will put their tricky wingers and bruisers like Antonio up against our papier mache husks of a defence. They will use the height and poaching abilities of blokes like Dawson and Soucek at corners against Hugo, now rooted to his line like a limp, useless statue.

They will, in short, do everything Mourinho teams were once famed for doing. Except against us.

Conversely, to win, we will need to have greater will than them, run for 90 minutes, and *outplay* them. If we hold on to a 1-0 lead, we will lose. If we fall back in panic, we lose. We need to keep the ball make and take chances, and keep them away from our half for the full 90.

In other words, we need to be the antithesis of this bloke's typical approach. While having useless defenders like Sanchez and Dier undoing any good work we do higher up.

15m a year, a summer window Poch could only dream of.

Time to show why he's worth any of it. Or I hope to GHod we leave him in that stadium and sack him via text message on our way out, because the 'results man' will have lost his fifth game out of six to David f*cking Moyes and West Ham.

The Spam game will tell us a lot, though. Spam will be high in confidence, and will aim to bully us and be first to every ball right from the start.

They will put their tricky wingers and bruisers like Antonio up against our papier mache husks of a defence. They will use the height and poaching abilities of blokes like Dawson and Soucek at corners against Hugo, now rooted to his line like a limp, useless statue.

They will, in short, do everything Mourinho teams were once famed for doing. Except against us.

Conversely, to win, we will need to have greater will than them, run for 90 minutes, and *outplay* them. If we hold on to a 1-0 lead, we will lose. If we fall back in panic, we lose. We need to keep the ball make and take chances, and keep them away from our half for the full 90.

In other words, we need to be the antithesis of this bloke's typical approach. While having useless defenders like Sanchez and Dier undoing any good work we do higher up.

Time to show why he's worth any of it. Or I hope to GHod we leave him in that stadium and sack him via text message on our way out, because the 'results man' will have lost his fifth game out of six to David f*cking Moyes and West Ham.
Their set pieces scare me
We’re gonna get done on every one with our current CBS

On that simple parameter we will not win. Worryingly, Hojberg is looking like he needs a break, yet because Skipp is on loan we have no-one close to what he can do for us. If I were Antonio I'd be laughing at the prospect.

Question. Do you believe Jose Mourinho was brought in as a results-driven manager who would deliver quick success? Or as a trophy-winning manager who would get a few seasons to build a trophy-winning team? Answers on a laptop screen...

Will be a tough game, was about to post Soucek is suspended but just seen it's been rescinded. Nailed on to score now - players should be up for it after the first game.

I’m not aware of baggage myself but people have raised their comments and fears quite a few times around him
Things around arrogance, history and personality
I met him this summer and he was sound and very short which i didn’t realise

and we do have people who don’t want a proven guy, they want a project guy.. someone to prove himself here. That’s fine. It’s why I tried to capture the two extremes
Aren’t there also ‘proven project’ guys?

Question. Do you believe Jose Mourinho was brought in as a results-driven manager who would deliver quick success? Or as a trophy-winning manager who would get a few seasons to build a trophy-winning team? Answers on a laptop screen...
He was brought in to win trophies
No idea on the time frame element and TBH the whole time frame thing has been kinda messed up hugely by COVID, which has also impacted our ability to back him in a manner I believe may have been planned
Look at how clubs like pool are now doing deals on the buy now pay later model just in case, as they can’t plan even with their mega turnover

Rodgers? Ten Hag? Nagelsman? Tuchel?
Projects?
3 of them are managers who have came into successful sides and won things (Rogers in Scotland, Tuchel at Dortmund and PSG and Ten Hag, who I rate very highly) and haven’t had long anywhere where they had to build anything other than ten hag
Nagelsmann... maybe. I mean they have silent a LOT of money to build their team, but the players have increased in value. He has benefitted from the RB system of feeding players up the chain too and there’s no doubt the guys done a great job. So yeah he could be described as someone to build a project

Brendan is doing it now and doing a great job

I do like Ten Hag and think he would fit what we need well.

Back