• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Sadly there's still awful performances, no different to what we saw during the last 10 months of Poch's reign.

The reality is, we have one hell of a squad on paper but not on the pitch. There are some first team players with unbelievable inconsistencies and then equally frustrating some of the performances in the cups, especially Europa League, has me feeling little confidence in our back up players.

Whilst disappointed by the tactics at times I don't think Mourinho is entirely at fault like some elude to. Our squad talks the talk but can't walk the walk, no trophies to show so far and then unbelievable inconsistencie Great one minute (Soton away, Man Utd away, Arsenal home) and then infuriatingly poor the next (West Ham home, Leicester home, last night).
We don’t have one hell of a squad on paper, a very good first team but beyond that? Practically all of the squad/backups we have are players constantly moaned about on this board from back to front - Hart/Gazza, Sanchez/Dier/Toby,Doherty,Sissoko,Lucas,Lamela, Vinicius(harshly IMO) and more... These are all squad players who a lot of people have consistently questioned whether good enough and are players that in the main put in the odd good performance but not consistently of the required quality. Most of these players were here under Poch and was hopeful Mourinho would kick them up the bum and take them on a level, and whilst not going into full meltdown whilst our league position and cup competition activity doesn’t warrant it - it is abundantly clear we need a lot more player personnel changes than many including myself first thought. Starting with a CB, Rodon is the only one who looks any good to me. Oh and please can Lo Celso hurry up and get fit, he makes such a difference.....

Spurs v Liverpool (Jan21) - last shot on target - 48th minute
Spurs v Wolves (Dec20) - last shot on target - 21st minute
Spurs v Antwerp (Oct20) - last shot on target - 19th minute
Spurs v Man U (June20) - Last shot on target - 31st minute

--< in July 2020 after restart i found a stat we had 4 shots on goal in 3 games --> pretty sure Google can confirm which games
--< January 2020 - 3 weeks without a shot on target --> again need Google to confirm which games but we drew 0-0 with Emirates Marketing Project with 0 shots (not shots on goal, i mean actual 0 shots)

Anyone noticing a common theme here? It's not by accident how little we attack, it's by design.

I think Mourinho is far from past it. It's such a cliche to say that he is a dinosaur or has not kept up to date with the modern game ... so rediculous.

What part of how we play football under Mourinho shows he has evolved his approach and adapted to the modern game?

Simple fact is that our team is ridden with under inconsistent performers. Name one defender that we have that is deemed world-class or gives ANY of you confidence when they play.

This season Regulion & Aurier have been good and imhappy with them and for the most part Alderweireld & Dier have been fine/solid too Rodon looks good.

Our fringe players are simply not good enough to make any impact on the game. How can anyone blame Mourinho for his tactics when Kane has openly come out and says that its not Mourinho who tells them to sit back on a lead.

This has been answered at length and in detail in many posts over the last few weeks, but in short :

Same thing happened at Chelsea
Same thing happened at United
Same things happening here
Coincidence? No

Explicitly telling the team to sit back and protect a lead isn't the only conclusion to make - if the team aren't coached how to play otherwise then they will fall back on what they are coached to do.
The manager creates the mindset and the players follow suit.

I think some still think that this Pochettino skeleton team is still going to hit some miraculous height fulfilling their potential.

A starting XI of Lloris, Aurier, Rodon, Dier, Regulion, Hojberg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Son, Kane contains 4 Mourinho signings, a player Pochettino didn't get the chance to work with a player keeping one of Mourinhos signings out of the team and a CB who he gave a new contract to. Outside of that you have Lloris Sissoko Kane & Son - three of those players walk in to almost every team in the league. This is as much Mourinho's team as it is Pochettinos

After the CL final i think its fair to say that was their peak and its all downhill from there.

The previous teams peak - since then over 200m has been spent on 13 players and so is patently no longer that team

There is no manager out there, NONE, that can work with this lot. We need a full freshening up of the players.

Pure waffle

The players brought in like Regi and Pierre have excelled, Doherty was a speculative purchase and looked like brilliant value for money, Carlos has not had the minutes to make much of a judgement, Bale will not be making any impact for us im afraid.

We have done well to stay with the pace so far and the season is far from over.

The only reason we are with the pace is because the pace is so slow and even with that in mind we are as close to 11th as we are 4th and going in one direction.

Its the players that need to have a look at themselves not Mourinho. He has already got us into a final.

he has a chance to emulate George Graham and Juande Ramos...

Last edited:
Its the players that need to have a look at themselves not Mourinho. He has already got us into a final.
Players rarely look at themselves unless they have personal problems that may affect their play and/or the team.
And why should they? They have a manager that should guide, coach, instill belief and a system of play they can buy into. That's what creates the culture that carries itself into the pitch. Sitting down and individually looking at themselves is not going to bring any of that about.

Furthermore if you think that Kane Sonny Davies Dier Rodon PEH Lloris Sissoko Reggie Ndombele (now) Bergwijn aren't commited and don't give everything when they play then we'll disagree.

A large chunk of the team don't carry any legacy over from Poch and many of the ones that do (Kane Sonny Lloris) are strong enough to move their heads along.

Personally, I think the culture we have got might be part of the problem.

And as a sidenote...we won 3 games to reach that final, 2 against lower league teams and the tough one on pens, so an achievement of sorts?

I'd love Rodgers but would be a tough sell to get him in

he's a big club fluffy bunnies cuddling, he'd be sucking Levy's dingdong the second Jose left the training ground

I'd be for him too, from now on all of a managers should be people I hate, then I won't feel bad calling for them to be fired when they inevitably fail

lets give Sol his chance as well

he's a big club fluffy bunnies cuddling, he'd be sucking Levy's dingdong the second Jose left the training ground

I'd be for him too, from now on all of a managers should be people I hate, then I won't feel bad calling for them to be fired when they inevitably fail

lets give Sol his chance as well

Christ I hate Rogers and was about to rage at you for suggesting him in any way, shape or form.

By the end of your post, Rogers didn't seem so bad...

Players rarely look at themselves unless they have personal problems that may affect their play and/or the team.
And why should they? They have a manager that should guide, coach, instill belief and a system of play they can buy into. That's what creates the culture that carries itself into the pitch. Sitting down and individually looking at themselves is not going to bring any of that about.

Furthermore if you think that Kane Sonny Davies Dier Rodon PEH Lloris Sissoko Reggie Ndombele (now) Bergwijn aren't commited and don't give everything when they play then we'll disagree.

A large chunk of the team don't carry any legacy over from Poch and many of the ones that do (Kane Sonny Lloris) are strong enough to move their heads along.

Personally, I think the culture we have got might be part of the problem.

And as a sidenote...we won 3 games to reach that final, 2 against lower league teams and the tough one on pens, so an achievement of sorts?

We have many individuals in our team that are prone to a regular brain fart.

As for poch' players, who have we let go of that featured for pochs team bar walker and Rose? The truth is that we still have pochs players regularly playing.

Three games to a final you say? How many cup finals have we got into recently? We can only play the teams that are in front of us, and we have.

We are still alive in the Europe and the FA Cup and can still make an effort to get into the top four ... we are competing on all fronts as far as I can see.

Mourinho won things with teams with lesser skilled players, so if you think Mourinho can't get players playing doesn't make sense to me.

I look at the players to implement tactics and concentrate ... I personally think the majority of players bar kane, son, pierre, ndombele, reggie and even sissoko have been on it. The rest can go without me even worrying.

The team is unbalanced and lacks serious leaders at the back.

Mourinhos teams are all solid at the back, and despite the personal that we have, we have still got a decent defensive record in the league.

As usual, can we actually wait till the end of the season before embarrassing ourselves as fans?

It was a loss to Liverpool (United lost to statistically the worse every PL team this week, Real Madrid loss to a third tier Spanish team recently), losses happen.

We will still be in 4 competitions in February, 1 Cup final, all is still possible.

:cool: agree but I've written that move off for many reasons.
One the compensation would be eyewatering.
what's your next choice?

Arsene Wenger ... no but seriously there is no manager out there that can turn this band of men around. We need a revamp and why not get players for a manager who is proven to be a success wherever he goes. Get him the players he wants. He already has worked within the Levy budget and got in some real gems. I think he continues at the helm for the forseable future and give him the players he needs. Not just work with the current misfits of Pochettinos demise.

I'd love Rodgers but would be a tough sell to get him in
I hate Rodgers. Just saying. Would prefer Hassenhuttl which I am sure will thrill Southampton fans. Jose will finish this season, probably win the Carabao but the 2nd season is usually his peak. I don't think he will be here much into next.

We have many individuals in our team that are prone to a regular brain fart.

As for poch' players, who have we let go of that featured for pochs team bar walker and Rose? The truth is that we still have pochs players regularly playing.

Three games to a final you say? How many cup finals have we got into recently? We can only play the teams that are in front of us, and we have.

We are still alive in the Europe and the FA Cup and can still make an effort to get into the top four ... we are competing on all fronts as far as I can see.

Mourinho won things with teams with lesser skilled players, so if you think Mourinho can't get players playing doesn't make sense to me.

I look at the players to implement tactics and concentrate ... I personally think the majority of players bar kane, son, pierre, ndombele, reggie and even sissoko have been on it. The rest can go without me even worrying.

The team is unbalanced and lacks serious leaders at the back.

Mourinhos teams are all solid at the back, and despite the personal that we have, we have still got a decent defensive record in the league.
Looking at his history there is nothing to suggest that Jose will be here much beyond this season. He's not the rebuilding type more about quick success. We have him that chance with the summer's investment. I don't think it will get better.

Personally I am gutted, I really thought we had the components to finally win one of those big trophies not just another League cup, which has in recent years been the pinnacle of achievement s rather than the catalyst to propel the team to something bigger.

Arsene Wenger ... no but seriously there is no manager out there that can turn this band of men around. We need a revamp and why not get players for a manager who is proven to be a success wherever he goes. Get him the players he wants. He already has worked within the Levy budget and got in some real gems. I think he continues at the helm for the forseable future and give him the players he needs. Not just work with the current misfits of Pochettinos demise.

We've had the revamp, 200m+ in 2 years - what on earth have you seen in the last 15 months that makes you think he is worth persevering with? The football is brick and now too are the results so what the hell are you clinging on to?

Looking at his history there is nothing to suggest that Jose will be here much beyond this season. He's not the rebuilding type more about quick success. We have him that chance with the summer's investment. I don't think it will get better.

Personally I am gutted, I really thought we had the components to finally win one of those big trophies not just another League cup, which has in recent years been the pinnacle of achievement s rather than the catalyst to propel the team to something bigger.

Somewhat agree and if he wins anything with our merry men will be short of a miracle ... however we are still in the FA cup and Europa, i would back him to succeed and build in the summer.

We've had the revamp, 200m+ in 2 years - what on earth have you seen in the last 15 months that majes you think he is persevering with? The football is brick and now too are the results so what the hell are you clinging on to?

200m? How much of that is Mourinhos spending. Just asking.

Persevering to the fact that NO MANAGER out there could do a thing with this lot.

Clinging on to the fact that i know that if this man is given his own type of players and not the ones that consistently lack focus and concentration we can beat the odds. Everyone is wondering what a bad night we had against liverpool but he deserves the backing for what he has achieved in the game. He is not this jump start manager who is clueless like you are making him out to be.

Get some balance in your views and not just fire from the hip, jeez id hate to have you with me in the trenches. You are solely focusing on Mourinho when you should be looking at the bigger picture. The foundations of these players are from Poch, the same players that downed tools ... they seem to be doing it again.

Give Mourinho his players and we can see what Mourinho does, and usually is titles and cups.

Just out of curiosity give me one manager out there that we can get this season that can work with our players. Tell me how many from our GK up to our defenders get into a title-winning team? Thats half the first team!

I hate Rodgers. Just saying. Would prefer Hassenhuttl which I am sure will thrill Southampton fans. Jose will finish this season, probably win the Carabao but the 2nd season is usually his peak. I don't think he will be here much into next.

Really?

We've only played one PL quality team across the 3 cup competitions and needed penalties to get through - I'm all for looking on yhe bright side but can people saying we're still on 4 competitions as though it means anything?

We've only played one PL quality team across the 3 cup competitions and needed pelanties to get through - I'm all for looking on yhe bright side but can people saying we're still on 4 competitions as though it means anything?

Is this not progress to be in all 4 comps to date? Had we stuttered against these lesser teams then i agree its going backwards, and had we lost against chelsea on pens then thats just the luck of it. But the facts are we are challenging on all fronts even Stevie wonder can see that.

Back