• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

200m? How much of that is Mourinhos spending. Just asking.

Persevering to the fact that NO MANAGER out there could do a thing with this lot.

Clinging on to the fact that i know that if this man is given his own type of players and not the ones that consistently lack focus and concentration we can beat the odds. Everyone is wondering what a bad night we had against liverpool but he deserves the backing for what he has achieved in the game. He is not this jump start manager who is clueless like you are making him out to be.

Get some balance in your views and not just fire from the hip, jeez id hate to have you with me in the trenches. You are solely focusing on Mourinho when you should be looking at the bigger picture. The foundations of these players are from Poch, the same players that downed tools ... they seem to be doing it again.

Give Mourinho his players and we can see what Mourinho does, and usually is titles and cups.

Just out of curiosity give me one manager out there that we can get this season that can work with our players. Tell me how many from our GK up to our defenders get into a title-winning team? Thats half the first team!

Saying no manager would do better is no more of an argument than someone saying every manager in the league could do better.

Just pure waffle, come back when you've got an actual argument other than "he's Jose Mourinho"

Last edited:

£68 Mil spent by mourinho.

Come back to you when all i have is "Hes Mourinho" ... come back to me when you stop throwing your toys out. You have yet to answer any questions about your "Solutions". The fact that you tried to suggest that the signings of Ndombele and Lo Celso and others have been down to him is rediculous as they were brought in by Poch.

Now Ive said it and ill say it again, its down to the core group of players especially defensive players having a lack of concentration. I would argure the majority of Mourinhos signings have been great. He has got Ndombele looking like a world class player. He has got Kane and Son playing in tune. The other players have not turned up.

So come on tell me who can turn this squad around. You cant and have not coz you just love a moan looking at your posts. You cannot even agree with facts when they are in front of you.

We have not been alive in this many competitions this time of the year for GHod knows how long. Please enlighten us as to when we last were this competitive.

Looking at his history there is nothing to suggest that Jose will be here much beyond this season. He's not the rebuilding type more about quick success. We have him that chance with the summer's investment. I don't think it will get better.

Personally I am gutted, I really thought we had the components to finally win one of those big trophies not just another League cup, which has in recent years been the pinnacle of achievement s rather than the catalyst to propel the team to something bigger.
Generally teams need to win something to then win bigger things
That’s why Jose and pep take the league cup seriously
I’m not saying it’s a big trophy but it’s a step and it’s something to build from potentially unless we pull the rug and start again

Jose, Pep and pretty much most managers that have won the Prem have targeted this as a first "Easy" trophy to build upon.

Big teams win trophies and due to the way the calender works the League Cup is the first one that comes along - it's nothing more than that.

Klopp won the CL first with Liverpool and Ranieri won the league first with Leicester off the top of my head.

If either of you are suggesting the big trophies Pep and Jose won wouldn't have come if they didn't first win the league cup then I don't really know what to say.

Big teams win trophies and due to the way the calender works the League Cup is the first one that comes along - it's nothing more than that.

Klopp won the CL first with Liverpool and Ranieri won the league first with Leicester off the top of my head.

If either of you are suggesting the big trophies Pep and Jose won wouldn't have come if they didn't first win the league cup then I don't really know what to say.
You are right Billy, the Chelsea’s and Emirates Marketing Project’s would have won other trophies regardless. But for our squad of players with the exception of Bale have won the square root of naff all? Would be a good starting block winning the League Cup, getting rid of that sexy tag for a while and something to build on, especially as it would mean we have beaten Emirates Marketing Project in a cup final who always take this tournament seriously....

You are right Billy, the Chelsea’s and Emirates Marketing Project’s would have won other trophies regardless. But for our squad of players with the exception of Bale have won the square root of naff all? Would be a good starting block winning the League Cup, getting rid of that sexy tag for a while and something to build on, especially as it would mean we have beaten Emirates Marketing Project in a cup final who always take this tournament seriously....
I’d love us to win a trophy, even with that horrible Jose at the helm. And he can sneer that he made us winners again. After beating one decent team in the competition.

£68 Mil spent by mourinho.

Come back to you when all i have is "Hes Mourinho" ... come back to me when you stop throwing your toys out. You have yet to answer any questions about your "Solutions". The fact that you tried to suggest that the signings of Ndombele and Lo Celso and others have been down to him is rediculous as they were brought in by Poch.

Now Ive said it and ill say it again, its down to the core group of players especially defensive players having a lack of concentration. I would argure the majority of Mourinhos signings have been great. He has got Ndombele looking like a world class player. He has got Kane and Son playing in tune. The other players have not turned up.

So come on tell me who can turn this squad around. You cant and have not coz you just love a moan looking at your posts. You cannot even agree with facts when they are in front of you.

We have not been alive in this many competitions this time of the year for GHod knows how long. Please enlighten us as to when we last were this competitive.

Arrivals 20/21 : 99m
27m on Bergwijn in the Jan window.

I didn't say Jose signed Ndombele - in response to the incorrect point you made about this still being the team which peaked at the CL final i pointed out that there has been over 200m spent on 13 players since then, summer window under Poch, winter and summer windows under Jose.

By way of comparison the 4 transfer windows across 14/15 and 15/16 season saw us bring in 12 players at a cost of around 110m and I'm pretty sure at that point people were not arguing that it was still AVB/Sherwoods team and needed a further overhaul.

The majority of Jose's (9) signings have been great have they? Ok, so why do we need to rebuild, why are we where we are if in addition to talent like Ndombele, Kane & Son we're adding 9 great sugnings and still looking as much a mid table team as we are a top 4 team?

The defense is Jose's - he signed a RB but elects to play Aurier instead. He signed Rodon and gave Dier and Alderweireld new contracts. He signed Regulion and gave Davies a new deal. You can't absolve Mourinho of the defense because the defense is his, he signed off on it, he okayed it, it's his.

I have answered your posts (with little in the way of acknowledgement btw) and have tried to respond to any questions posted in response to my criticism of Mourinho - i may be at the end of my tether with him but i don't see mysrlf as throwing the toys out of the pram, in fact I'd be directing that at you and your overly emotional response to the valid criticism sent his way.

Little point in listing names of managers who could do better - be easier to say who'd do worse out of current PL managers : Steve Bruce, Arteta. Had you asked me before he got sacked last week I'd have said Lampard too.

When were we last this competitive? This isn't competitive, this is playing in the secondary European competition and having plum draws in the domestic cups.

No i think not even you are so silly to think that we are alluding to this. However many managers have used this cup as a spring board to breed some winning mentality. And that is from the managers themselves saying so.

And no just because its the first final to be played it does not mean that it is taken for granted that they will win it either.

Still waiting on your Mourinho solutions.

No i think not even you are so silly to think that we are alluding to this. However many managers have used this cup as a spring board to breed some winning meteorology. And that is from the managers themselves saying so.

And no just because its the first final to be played it does not mean that it is taken for granted that they will win it either.

Still waiting on your Mourinho solutions.

You can't claim something is a springboard to further success whilst disagreeing that it led to the success that came after in the instances mentioned. They're mutually exclusive you see...

And @harr1984 i agree winning league cup would be great but i think you're sorely mistaken if you think anyone outside of Spurs will think it's going to impact 'sexy' - that's here until we start winning the big boy prizes. EL might do it

From the football365 piece:

https://www.football365.com/news/16...erpool-firmino-alexander-arnold-mane-hojbjerg

Mourinho blamed “individual mistakes” for the concession of “completely avoidable” goals recently, and indeed after this game. He technically wasn’t wrong to do so. But he must also see that his particular brand of cautious, rigid, low-risk and low-line football puts undue pressure on a defence ill-equipped to implement it, especially against such an energetic and effervescent team. It requires absolute unbroken concentration and perfect decision-making for 90 minutes against an elite, if out-of-form, attack. That really isn’t a realistic expectation, and certainly not of this defence.

To continue to watch individual mistakes and bemoan said individual mistakes as the sole reason for your undoing instead of devising a system and plan that reduces the likelihood of them being made is baffling. Don’t blame the trousers if you keep bricking yourself.

Arrivals 20/21 : 99m
27m on Bergwijn in the Jan window.

I didn't say Jose signed Ndombele - in response to the incorrect point you made about this still being the team which peaked at the CL final i pointed out that there has been over 200m spent on 13 players since then, summer window under Poch, winter and summer windows under Jose.

By way of comparison the 4 transfer windows across 14/15 and 15/16 season saw us bring in 12 players at a cost of around 110m and I'm pretty sure at that point people were not arguing that it was still AVB/Sherwoods team and needed a further overhaul.

The majority of Jose's (9) signings have been great have they? Ok, so why do we need to rebuild, why are we where we are if in addition to talent like Ndombele, Kane & Son we're adding 9 great sugnings and still looking as much a mid table team as we are a top 4 team?

The defense is Jose's - he signed a RB but elects to play Aurier instead. He signed Rodon and gave Dier and Alderweireld new contracts. He signed Regulion and gave Davies a new deal. You can't absolve Mourinho of the defense because the defense is his, he signed off on it, he okayed it, it's his.

I have answered your posts (with little in the way of acknowledgement btw) and have tried to respond to any questions posted in response to my criticism of Mourinho - i may be at the end of my tether with him but i don't see mysrlf as throwing the toys out of the pram, in fact I'd be directing that at you and your overly emotional response to the valid criticism sent his way.

Little point in listing names of managers who could do better - be easier to say who'd do worse out of current PL managers : Steve Bruce, Arteta. Had you asked me before he got sacked last week I'd have said Lampard too.

When were we last this competitive? This isn't competitive, this is playing in the secondary European competition and having plum draws in the domestic cups.

Yes I would say the majority of Mourinhos players signed have been good. Surely you can see we need to clear the deadwood before bringing in better players to address key areas.

You mention the defence being okd by Mourinho, we tried to ship some out but not at Levys price and you know perfectly well we dam well try as any other club not to let players run their contracts down. Diers, Alderwieralds and Bens contracts were to expire this season. Mourinho was after Dias but got lumped with Rodon. How can you remotely say his defence is his. He has inherited the defence and the two additions made actually look like they ill improve it, the jury is out on doherty, but again he looked like a decent Levy special in the market.

No, its you are bored of Mourinho and cant see what he is doing even though Kane and Son are having brilliant personal performances, Ndombele looks like a world beater, sissoko i would argue is having his best year. The rest of the players are not up to scratch. I actually dont have time to trawl through the Ndombele thread but i can bet you were finger pointing and wanting to get rid of him too. Will you acknowledge Mourinho has helped him turn it around?

Ok lets say you are right Mourinho is guff, which of our players in the current set up can win us trophies and consistently perform? Coz according to you this is all the managers fault.

You cannot name even one manager who is available that can improve on where we are at. Name one.

You are even moaning that we had an easy run in the cups ffs. We are 8 points off the top midway through the season, in a cup final, and playing in two other competitions.

Square root of naff all?

Lloris - World Cup winning captain, French Cup
Hart - 2 Premier Leagues, FA Cup, 2 League Cups

Reguilon - Europa League last season
Davies - League Cup
Alderweireld - La Liga, 4 Dutch League titles, 2 Dutch Cups
Sanchez - Copa Libertadores
Aurier - African Cup of Nations, 2 French League titles, 3 French Cups, 3 French League Cups

Hojbjerg - 4 Bundesliga titles, 3 German Cups
Lo Celso - 2 French League titles, 2 French Cups, 2 French League Cups
Bergwijn - 3 Dutch titles
Moura - 5 French League titles, 3 French Cups, 5 French League Cups

Do you think winning a little League Cup is gonna make any difference to any of these guys?
Did Birmingham and Swansea push on after they won it?
In 2008 when we won it, we then won 5 in the next 26 games until the manager was sacked.
Arsenal win Cups all the time and never push on.

Square root of naff all?

Davies - League Cup
Aurier - African Cup of Nations, 2 French League titles, 3 French Cups, 3 French League Cups

Do you think winning a little League Cup is gonna make any difference to any of these guys?
In 2008 when we won it, we then won 5 in the next 26 games until the manager was sacked.

Wait these players won things in other teams, how many of them were dominant in those teams? Djemba Djemba won an FA Cup with Man U ...

The whole idea is to build a squad and team that can win things here together. Are you saying that it wouldnt get a monkey off our back? The media other fans, our fans all make comments on the lack of silverware. Completely different scenarois to the teams that you have mentioned.

Its not an elite competition but its still a step in the right direction.

Square root of naff all?

Davies - League Cup

Have to say the Hojdjberg trophy haul for a player that played less than 30 games for Bayern is impressive
And city and Chelsea both pushed on under pep and Jose after winning it

Have to say the Hojdjberg trophy haul for a player that played less than 30 games for Bayern is impressive
And city and Chelsea both pushed on under pep and Jose after winning it
Amazing, a weak league helps, it's like playing for Celtic. Leicester (sulk) was impressive imho

Yes I would say the majority of Mourinhos players signed have been good. Surely you can see we need to clear the deadwood before bringing in better players to address key areas.

Yeah, so?

You mention the defence being okd by Mourinho, we tried to ship some out but not at Levys price and you know perfectly well we dam well try as any other club not to let players run their contracts down. Diers, Alderwieralds and Bens contracts were to expire this season. Mourinho was after Dias but got lumped with Rodon. How can you remotely say his defence is his. He has inherited the defence and the two additions made actually look like they ill improve it, the jury is out on doherty, but again he looked like a decent Levy special in the market.

Oh here we go, Rodon and Doherty were not Mourinho signings but the others were right? Is that how this works? Any others that weren't his signings while we are here? based on absolutely nothing i hasten to add.

Mourinho has shown with Dele what he does with players he doesn't want, drops them/freezes them out, is that what he has done with any defender other than Sanchez? No. one of the very first moves he made upon taking the job was to bring Alderweireld in from the cold and getting the contract signed, Dier is his man on the pitch and has been since day one, he tried to sign them both whilst at United. There's no argument against the defense being his. Not one based in the real world anyway.

No, its you are bored of Mourinho and cant see what he is doing even though Kane and Son are having brilliant personal performances, Ndombele looks like a world beater, sissoko i would argue is having his best year. The rest of the players are not up to scratch. I actually dont have time to trawl through the Ndombele thread but i can bet you were finger pointing and wanting to get rid of him too. Will you acknowledge Mourinho has helped him turn it around?

PERSONAL performances correct.

Ndombele was signed for 55m and was a widely know top tier talent, he isn't some chump, he's playing at the level he was bought to play at, arguably has several levels to go, hopefully alJose realises he isn't a no.10 though - it's good to see him turnaround his slow start, if Mourinho played a part in that then kudos. My guess is he would have sold him in the summer if given the opportunity.

So Sissoko is having his best ever season

Ndombele is a world beater

Kane and Son are brilliant

and no one else is up to scratch? Your words...

Funny because you were saying earlier that all of Mourinho's signings were great and yet here we are and none of them made it on to your playing well list - and what percentage of players on your 'up to scratch list' above are from the downed tools era that you are blaming everything on? 75% ... more holes in your logic than my pants mate. Deary me

You'd be very much mistaken if you think i was at any point getting on Ndombeles back btw though you're more than welcome to check.

Ok lets say you are right Mourinho is guff, which of our players in the current set up can win us trophies and consistently perform? Coz according to you this is all the managers fault.

I mean I've already covered this but no harm in doing so again i suppose.

Lloris, Aurier, Regulion, Hojberg, Ndombele, GLC, Dele, Kane, Son all good enough to be starters in a top 4 team/team pushing for honors - Dier/Rodon/Alderweireld could potentially do a job alongside a dominant CB or a beast as @Pirate55 would say. Beyond that there are plenty of players in reserve worthy of squad places in a top side, the aforementioned defenders, Doherty, Davies, Sissoko, Bergwijn...

You cannot name even one manager who is available that can improve on where we are at. Name one.

You keep moving the goalposts, i essentially gave you a list of 18 managers in the last post from this league alone who i think could get an equal or better tune out of these players - now you want available managers? Why so you can say "they haven't won as much as Jose" as though that means anything.

Fwiw I've not said sack him now so a manager being available isn't a factor i need to worry about. And even if it was we pay this tinkle taker 15m a year, most managers out there would crawl to N17 to get that.

You are even moaning that we had an easy run in the cups ffs. We are 8 points off the top midway through the season, in a cup final, and playing in two other competitions.

No, no I'm not - once again you show your reading and comprehension skills to be somewhat lacking. I'm adding some much needed context to the 'fighting on 4 fronts' BS that people like yourself keep using as some kind defense of the manager like getting past the group stage of the EL and beating fudging Marine is some kind of great feat that shows we're on to a good thing with the manager - had we got knocked out at any point in those cup runs it would have been a shambles, to be clear.

Last edited:
Back