• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Should he be sacked I would take Hassle-Hutle or whatever his name is from Southampton.The Wolves manager is a decent shout too.

I’d have Scotty or even Harry atm

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, our shyness to take the game to the opposition is upsetting. A game like today, or when we were drawing with Chelsea, you want a bit more bravery from Mourinho, and to put the opposition on the back foot. When we gift possession and invite teams onto us, it is deeply frustrating. We have to be able to transition better out of defense and keep the ball ourselves, instead we give it back to the opposition. The problem is the midfield still. Ndombele first half really helped, but we're still lacking in the middle a lot of time.

On the flip side Mourinho is intelligent. He isn't a bad manager. Any manager has to shore up the defense and make us hard to beat. This has to be number one. We can't concede 3 goals a game and win anything. So we should have a defensive focus. But the balance is not right we have to better in possion. And the players have to be confident and able to pass the ball out.

We do need some fresh players. If we can sell off some of the squad baggage, and get in 2-4 players to improve the first team it might help. Two midfielders - Skipp and one more. A quality CB, if not 2. Dier has done well though, he has developed under Mourinho.

Last edited:
Bloody hell that's some turnaround :p

I know but basic errors with team set up and subs tonight

I agree with him saying that we made defensive blunders

We did but bringing on Lamela for Kane while Vinny sitting on the bench?

Winks before Bale?

Enough is enough

There's a line of thought that Mourinho isn't a defensive coach he's a pragmatic one.
But pragmatism isn't sitting back and inviting pressure on when the weakest part of your team is the centre halfs.
There's nothing wrong with defending when you have Carvalho and Terry or the defense he inherited at Inter. That would be pragmatic.

No Mourinho is an ideologue. He wants to win only by his way.
He has been involved in a footballing "cultural war" with the Barcelona way every since they rejected him.
Like everyone else in 2021, he refuses to change or admit they are wrong.
He is just doubling down with his ideology.

Him trying to play defensive football with this squad is like if Guardiola refused to change his passing style with a team full of Sissokos.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, our shyness to take the game to the opposition is upsetting. A game like today, or when we were drawing with Chelsea, you want a bit more bravery from Mourinho, and to put the opposition on the back foot. When we gift possession and invite teams onto us, it is deeply frustrating. We have to be able to transition better out of defense and keep the ball ourselves, instead we give it back to the opposition. The problem is the midfield still. Ndombele first half really helped, but we're still lacking in the middle a lot of time.

On the flip side Mourinho is intelligent. He isn't a bad manager. Any manager has to shore up the defense and make us hard to beat. This has to be number one. We can't concede 3 goals a game and win anything. So we should have a defensive focus. But the balance is not right we have to better in possion. And the players have to be confident and able to pass the ball out.

We do need some fresh players. If we can sell off some of the squad baggage, and get in 2-4 players to improve the first team it might help. Two midfielders - Skipp and one more. A quality CB, if not 2. Dier has done well though, he has developed under Mourinho.
Agree with all that.
Jose is risk adverse and that translates on to the players. Some of it translates as fear and trust. We rarely play thru the other team and that's because we have to much fear or lack of confidence (you nicely call it shyness) to play those vertical balls thru the lines.

Maybe Jose is right to over protect the defence but that does leave us relying on the counter, which is fair enough as we have Kane Sonny Ndombele but as soon as that threat fades we are left looking devoid of ideas. Tonight we never got a head of steam up. We looked a second tier team compared to Liverpool. Yes they're a more mature team than us but I don't see visible signs of us maturing. We are not developing a way of playing that basically we stick to because we believe in it (like Klopp, Poch, Rogers, Pep), we adjust every game based on the opposition, which I can understand but don't know many (any) teams that have had success that way.

4 points better off than this point last season.

Such improvement

It isn’t

Poch had lost the plot

Jose was a gamble which hasn’t come off but we need a major overhaul

A couple of weeks ago I said that we needed to get rid of at least six players and was shot down
One poster saying maybe a couple?

Six was being generous

How many should we keep?

It isn’t

Poch had lost the plot

A couple of weeks ago I said that we needed to get rid of at least six players and was shot down

Six was being generous

How many should we keep?

ah, that was so long ago I'd forgotten that included games under Poch

It isn’t

Poch had lost the plot

Six was being generous

How many should we keep?

I've answered a similar post elsewhere but the squad isn't in that bad of a shape, the hard work has been done (and credit to Mourinho for whatever role he played in that)

2 x CBs (1 if he's a leader)
1 x RWF

job done

Back