• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Liverpool are a great team, though not quite at the level they were at for long periods of last season.

Klopo has had years working with this team getting them to this level. Mourinho has had a year.

Despite this we made it a game that could have gone either way. We lost, but are frustrated by individual errors, margins, coincidences and a lack of clinical finishing from us.

It just as much sums up how far we've come.

tickle my balls with a feather, i can not believe the comments by s ome fans about our loss. We were a SHAMBLES 12 months ago and the fact that we are sitting in 2nd place in the Prem now shows just how much we have improved. But i can not believe that any of us think its a finished work yet we are getting a lot of negative comments from s ome fans. Madness imo.

Last edited:
Today was on him. I feel very strongly he is running players into the ground.

He went on about getting another striker in in the summer. He could at least give him a run out, I will blame Mourinho if kane gets an injury, he is looking fatigued already.

Today was on him. I feel very strongly he is running players into the ground.

He went on about getting another striker in in the summer. He could at least give him a run out, I will blame Mourinho if kane gets an injury, he is looking fatigued already.

Rotation this week has been brick, agreed.

We should have realised from Kane’s no show on Wednesday he’d be a waste of space today.

“We started bad,” Mourinho said. “The first 20 minutes was a poor performance, some empty spots in terms of pressing, attitude, recovering the ball. I didn’t like [it] at all. The fact we didn’t start well is not because I didn’t tell them to start well. I didn’t tell them: ‘Don’t be proactive or be reactive.’ But I admit we did start bad."

“It is a game we lost on a penalty and an own goal and the result looks like the opponents were totally in control or better than us, but that is not the reality,” he said. “Our performance was not good but the game was not like they deserved to win or we deserved to lose. It was not a good game.”

Is this the beginning of "self-protective Mou"? Not knee-jerking, just asking. Off the back of "the best team lost" it is starting to become a question worth asking...

We are looking a tad stale. Same tactics for last few weeks . Our goals have dried up and Inwould guess our number of sprints are right down.

Kane and Son look particularly in need of a rest Is Vini the right man as back up. I have npbeen underwhelmed by him so far. Ditto Bale. Need them to come good on Wednesday at Stoke. Would like to see Dele up there too with Bergwyn given a more attacking remit.

“We started bad,” Mourinho said. “The first 20 minutes was a poor performance, some empty spots in terms of pressing, attitude, recovering the ball. I didn’t like [it] at all. The fact we didn’t start well is not because I didn’t tell them to start well. I didn’t tell them: ‘Don’t be proactive or be reactive.’ But I admit we did start bad."

“It is a game we lost on a pelanty and an own goal and the result looks like the opponents were totally in control or better than us, but that is not the reality,” he said. “Our performance was not good but the game was not like they deserved to win or we deserved to lose. It was not a good game.”

Is this the beginning of "self-protective Mou"? Not knee-jerking, just asking. Off the back of "the best team lost" it is starting to become a question worth asking...
The self protecting Mourinho you describe would have flagged you the errors for the goals as the press tried to get him too
He didn’t. There was no reaction from him to it

We are looking a tad stale. Same tactics for last few weeks . Our goals have dried up and Inwould guess our number of sprints are right down.

Kane and Son look particularly in need of a rest Is Vini the right man as back up. I have npbeen underwhelmed by him so far. Ditto Bale. Need them to come good on Wednesday at Stoke. Would like to see Dele up there too with Bergwyn given a more attacking remit.

I've been fairly impressed with Vinicius so far and think he's a bit unfortunate not to get more game time. As a back up striker, he's better than I hoped we'd get but isn't getting chances in the PL yet.

I've been fairly impressed with Vinicius so far and think he's a bit unfortunate not to get more game time. As a back up striker, he's better than I hoped we'd get but isn't getting chances in the PL yet.

Not good enough of anything so far. Not strong enough in hold up play, not dominant in the air, and not quick enough to run in behind. Early days I agree but not the right physicality for me. We shall see.

For what it’s worth I think he is here for the season but we will do a deal with Milik for a freebie in the summer. It negates the need to lay money for Vini and it gives Vini an profile for other clubs if need be

“It is a game we lost on a pelanty and an own goal and the result looks like the opponents were totally in control or better than us, but that is not the reality,” he said. “Our performance was not good but the game was not like they deserved to win or we deserved to lose. It was not a good game.”

The we started bad thing is something Poch used to say too, sure he said sometimes he could tell by the warm up whether they were up for it or not. A worrying feature, are we still that mentally weak that a close defeat against Liverpool has stopped the belief that we can compete?
It does seem feast or famine with how content a fan base is nowadays. The Christmas period which initially was going to be a barometer of whether we would be in a title race has now become a barometer of whether we will be in the top 4 race! It will be a good time to review where we really are, the upcoming fixtures will warrant a higher expectation in terms of results. I was going to say a more front footed and possession dominant approach, but in terms of the PL Wolves, Leeds and Fulham are three teams that you think would leave themselves open to a counter.
Most of the teams around the top 8 play each other at least once before the halfway stage, so the opportunity is there for us get back into the top 4.

The we started bad thing is something Poch used to say too, sure he said sometimes he could tell by the warm up whether they were up for it or not. A worrying feature, are we still that mentally weak that a close defeat against Liverpool has stopped the belief that we can compete?
It does seem feast or famine with how content a fan base is nowadays. The Christmas period which initially was going to be a barometer of whether we would be in a title race has now become a barometer of whether we will be in the top 4 race! It will be a good time to review where we really are, the upcoming fixtures will warrant a higher expectation in terms of results. I was going to say a more front footed and possession dominant approach, but in terms of the PL Wolves, Leeds and Fulham are three teams that you think would leave themselves open to a counter.
Most of the teams around the top 8 play each other at least once before the halfway stage, so the opportunity is there for us get back into the top 4.

It's a worry we started badly yesterday. You hear that the players have bought into Mourinho completely and that he's tactically brilliant. Well, if we aren't starting well then either the players have lost a bit of belief or he got it tactically wrong. The other option is that the players are tired. That's on Mourinho. He has been backed and has said he's happy with the squad. If they're tired, he's not rotating enough. Whichever of those three scenarios or combination of those scenarios is true, yesterday is on the management for me.

I said this yesterday but I'll say it again. Fans will be happy as long as we are getting results. I include myself in that to an extent. I've not enjoyed watching us much over the last 6 weeks but you can't argue with the results and this is what we signed up for with Jose. However, if we don't get results, hysteria will ramp up quickly. Mourinho is a polarising figure even amongst our fanbase. His brand of football is also alien to us. It's not a good watch particularly when we aren't counter attacking effectively. If results go, he won't have the credit in the bank or the love that other managers have had and it could spiral very quickly. Jose is a results man and he'll be judged solely on results. If he stops winning football games, he'll be under pressure very quickly.

Mourinho said a week or two back we are still a way away from being title challengers, and I dont think this was his mind games thing - He knows what a title winning team looks like, and whilst some were getting over excitable about being top of the league most were still expecting a tail off in results. There is literally no team, Liverpool included who can go month after month without having a couple of bad results and considering we hadnt lost since the open day was inevitable a little run like this would happen. Literally every top team has been yo-yoing and will continue to do so this season, we are in no way superior that it wasnt going to happen to us too. We are in a good position for our goals, 2 points off second having played every top team in the first 14 games.

It wont be until Feb/March time the distance between those challenging at the top will be a little wider from the rest and only then should we really judge on how we are looking. Emirates Marketing Project and Man U were looking poor now on the up,Everton looked really good then tailed off and now back again, Aston Villa/Southampton the same - anyone can beat anyone this league, and it would be silly to start looking for issues that arent really there based on a poor few games - otherwise almost every manager would have been sacked this season already:D....

Back