• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

And this after playing Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

Beating 'big' sides hasn't really been a problem for us recently. What I'm more interested in is how we go against teams who are going to setup with a back 8 and we need to break them down.

That's been one of our biggest weaknesses as a unit for the last however many years. If we can unlock that door while remaining solid as a rock, I'll believe crazy things are happening.

Beating 'big' sides hasn't really been a problem for us recently. What I'm more interested in is how we go against teams who are going to setup with a back 8 and we need to break them down.

That's been one of our biggest weaknesses as a unit for the last however many years. If we can unlock that door while remaining solid as a rock, I'll believe crazy things are happening.
We will be fine, the argument after the first 6/7 games was that we hadn't really played anyone decent other than Man U. Now we have and come through unscathed its natural that people are going to search for another reason that we cant maintain our form.
We have many ways to skin a cat, its not just the Kane/Son show - we have just been so good and clinical we havent even needed Vini or Bale to come off the bench yet(other than Vini against WBA) or to have Lo Celso and N'Dombele on the pitch at the same time etc.....

Heard we didn't really sing his name yesterday which is disappointing. We're top of the fudging table. He's our manager. Forget the past, forgot what happened at Chelsea. Do you still sit there and whine about your wife's ex-boyfriend? FFS.

Sing his name, he's earned it.

Heard we didn't really sing his name yesterday which is disappointing. We're top of the fudging table. He's our manager. Forget the past, forgot what happened at Chelsea. Do you still sit there and whine about your wife's ex-boyfriend? FFS.

Sing his name, he's earned it.

Maybe he just doesn't have a song yet? I mean most of his time managing has been in an empty stadium.

I agree wholeheartedly - Mourinho has proved me wrong but I fear we will still struggle against the WBA’s and the like.
Arsenal came to play and left with scuffed knees, Palace will sit and just let Saha annoy.

Maybe he just doesn't have a song yet? I mean most of his time managing has been in an empty stadium.

I mean... the song is literally his name... everyone knows it. And there were 2000 fans there yesterday. So i think we can expect a song for our manager who's got us sat top of the league, especially after 7pts vs City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I don’t think he is a one trick pony, quite the opposite in fact. If you look at Managers such Hassenhuttl, Klopp and Pep, they set their teams up to play one way irrespective of the opposition. It’s very effective mostly but if a team figures out how to play through their system, there usually is not a plan B. Mourinho is far more pragmatic. He sets up his team depending on the opposition. Which is why he is the ultimate party pooper, able to beat teams such as Liverpool or nullify an in form Chelsea.

Great post and a massive overlooked point. Defending well against various different teams isn't as simple as 'pack the defence' like the pundits believe. In the last few weeks we've defended against tika taka, fast transitions and Arsenal's evolution of hit and hope football.

Also this new narrative of a team that is 2-0 having to bring on 3 attackers and go chasing the game is a new one on me.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly - Mourinho has proved me wrong but I fear we will still struggle against the WBA’s and the like.
Arsenal came to play and left with scuffed knees, Palace will sit and just let Saha annoy.

We saw off WBA and Brighton and it was down to Jose changing it up to an extent. Against WBA, he brought Vinicius and another attacker (forget who) on and put Son out wide to stretch them. Against Brighton he brought Bale on who scored.

We have more in our locker than just the counter attack. He’s setting us up differently depending on who we play.

Another point. How often have we been on here with a chance to go top and said “ah fudge, we’ve blown it again. Every time.” Three weeks in a row, against three big teams, we’ve gotten results to go top. We’re making massive progress.

Great post and a maddive overlooked point. Defending well against various different teams isn't as simple as 'pack the defence' like the pundits believe. In the last few weeks we've defended against tika taka, fast transitions and Arsenal's evolution of hit and hope football.

Packing the central areas and forcing those teams wide was the central aim in each of those games though - and it worked. Not sure why we'd be criticised for sticking to a defensive tactic that works.

Can take a long time for a manager to build a bond with supporters and there haven't been many games with both present in order to do so - Fwiw i didn't see him join the players in coming over to fans after the final whistle yesterday so i doubt it's as much a concern for him as it is diamond lights

He knows how to use the players in certain tactics better than any other manager that i have seen.

His subs for his style and conviction are spot on also.

We saw off WBA and Brighton and it was down to Jose changing it up to an extent. Against WBA, he brought Vinicius and another attacker (forget who) on and put Son out wide to stretch them. Against Brighton he brought Bale on who scored.

We have more in our locker than just the counter attack. He’s setting us up differently depending on who we play.

Another point. How often have we been on here with a chance to go top and said “ah fudge, we’ve blown it again. Every time.” Three weeks in a row, against three big teams, we’ve gotten results to go top. We’re making massive progress.

I was thinking exactly this. Completely goes against our recent title challenges, where we pretty much blew it every single time we had the chance to go top.

Great post and a massive overlooked point. Defending well against various different teams isn't as simple as 'pack the defence' like the pundits believe. In the last few weeks we've defended against tika taka, fast transitions and Arsenal's evolution of hit and hope football.

Also this new narrative of a team that is 2-0 having to bring on 3 attackers and go chasing the game is a new one on me.
I didn’t see any cry about it when Leicester defended like dogs,sat deep conceding possession and just hit it over the top to Vardy all season long. And we play better football now than they ever did. It’s just because it’s Mourinho, a lot of the press and rival fans can’t stand him - and that’s because he’s so good at what he does....

I didn’t see any cry about it when Leicester defended like dogs,sat deep conceding possession and just hit it over the top to Vardy all season long. And we play better football now than they ever did. It’s just because it’s Mourinho, a lot of the press and rival fans can’t stand him - and that’s because he’s so good at what he does....
Love the "criticism" from the outside. Let them have a go, let them be unfair, it's all good.

"We saw off WBA and Brighton" yes but we 'struggled' rather game them a hiding. Which I would have expected.
Don't get me wrong, very pleased with our points accumulation and league position.

"We saw off WBA and Brighton" yes but we 'struggled' rather game them a hiding. Which I would have expected.
Don't get me wrong, very pleased with our points accumulation and league position.

I expected more against both sides too but Jose doesn't do massive hidings too often. It's about getting 3 points. This isn't going to be like Poch where we blow a lot of teams away. It's taking some getting used to for all of us.

I expected more against both sides too but Jose doesn't do massive hidings too often. It's about getting 3 points. This isn't going to be like Poch where we blow a lot of teams away. It's taking some getting used to for all of us.

Jose at Inter had me applauding the TV so I'm not totally negative towards him was a big fan back in the day. The eye-gouging turned me right off and my accountant did some work for Granovskaia at Chelsea and she was not flattering about Jose. But I'm mellowing and concentrating on Spurs and points.
I was not a big Poch fan or any manager for that matter, Chris Houghton being an obvious exception. I like the style of the Potter, Nuno and Hasenhuttl on and off the pitch and have a begrudging admiration for Klopp's footballing style and achievements.

Jose at Inter had me applauding the TV so I'm not totally negative towards him was a big fan back in the day. The eye-gouging turned me right off and my accountant did some work for Granovskaia at Chelsea and she was not flattering about Jose. But I'm mellowing and concentrating on Spurs and points.
I was not a big Poch fan or any manager for that matter, Chris Houghton being an obvious exception. I like the style of the Potter, Nuno and Hasenhuttl on and off the pitch and have a begrudging admiration for Klopp's footballing style and achievements.

I can understand the dislike for Jose. He seems very witty and intelligent but we all know he has a nasty streak which probably helps him to win things. If he's not your manager, you probably hate him.

I don't get the lack of Poch love though?

Back