• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think its a little unfair (imo) to slag him off for the football after lock down, we were in a hell of a mess when he came here and had problems through all the team. We had to qualify for Europe no matter what and Jose did that ( i agree it was not often pretty) but that is what was important.

We now have a chance to push on ( new players, ambition to win something, and things are begining to improve) He also looks like most of the players are buying into his mentality and there seems to be a good team spirt returning again.

There will still be occasions when we have poor performances but going over the last 3 games i can start to see a team that is being built and team spirit among the players which in my mind was missing under the last months of Poch's reign.

Last edited:
I think its a little unfair (imo) to slag him off for the football after lock down, we were in a hell of a mess when he came here and had problems through all the team. We had to qualify for Europe no matter what and Jose did that ( i agree it was not often pretty) but that is what was important.

We now have a chance to push on ( new players, ambition to win something, and things are begining to improve) He also looks like most of the players are buying into his meteorology and there seems to be a good team spirt returning again.

There will still be occasions when we have poor performances but going over the last 3 games i can start to see a team that is being built and team spirit among the players which in my mind was missing under the last months of Poch's reign.

We now have a chance to push on ( new players, ambition to win something, and things are begining to improve) He also looks like most of the players are buying into his meteorology and there seems to be a good team spirt returning again.

Ive had enough of you being sensible ... mods ban this troll

The football after the new manager bounce wore off was diabolocal imho especially so after lockdown - i can forgive bad results and ugly football if there is ambition to do more and it's part of the process, but what I saw was a team setup to play as underdogs and defend it's way to points which afaic was enough to raise questions. Especially considering that is what happened in his previous job and what ultimately got him the boot.

Things are improving and there is evidence we have ambitions to play a more expansive game so I'm happy with that.
Boring, but just about enough to get the results. In rather special circumstances.

If that approach was what he was going for into the future I would share your concern. In the situation we were in, the weaknesses in our squad, the underperforming players, I can accept that.

Ignoring the new manager bounce how many games has it actually been? Around half a season? If that's "at long last" for you given the starting point then fair enough. I see it differently though.

Boring, but just about enough to get the results. In rather special circumstances.

If that approach was what he was going for into the future I would share your concern. In the situation we were in, the weaknesses in our squad, the underperforming players, I can accept that.

Ignoring the new manager bounce how many games has it actually been? Around half a season? If that's "at long last" for you given the starting point then fair enough. I see it differently though.
41 in total
Won 20

I must admit he would not have been my choice as manager for us, its probablly an age thing as I come from an era when a manager just tried to put together a group of players to win games, now they must portray a media image, be able to have a degree of control over celebrity millionaires and micromanage games. His image has softened and be doesnt play to the sycophantic type of journalists he use to attract.

Mourinho doing what he does first... Putting Winning first

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Well, that's something different. I'm very surprised that Bale hasn't travelled with the squad, even if he can't play, but I reckon a lot of it's down to Bale himself, rather than Mourinho and Giggs. While the first of their three matches is only a friendly, it's against England so probably counts more than the two Nations League games. I for one would have no issues with Bale nipping across to Wembley to sit with the support staff and cheer his mates on.

Either way, Bale knuckling down and getting himself match fit for Spurs rather than travelling with Wales is a welcome statement of intent. Spurs, Wales, Golf?

"I like to work normally with a squad of 22 players plus the keepers and we are not going to be far from that number."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-of-fringe-players-at-tottenham-is-inevitable

So:
RB: Aurier, Doherty = 2
CB: Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga, [New signing] = 5
LB: Davies, Regu = 2
CM: Winks, GLC, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Gedson = 6
Wingers: Son, Bale, Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn = 5
no 10: Dele = 1
CF = Kane, Vinicius = 2

2 + 5 + 2 + 6 + 5 + 1 + 2 = 23 assuming we sign a CB and before including kids

Thats a decent squad. Rose, Foyth, CCV, Sessegnon, Clarke then leave either on loan or permanent depending on the case. Rose will be the hardest to find a home for

"I like to work normally with a squad of 22 players plus the keepers and we are not going to be far from that number."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-of-fringe-players-at-tottenham-is-inevitable

So:
RB: Aurier, Doherty = 2
CB: Dier, Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga, [New signing] = 5
LB: Davies, Regu = 2
CM: Winks, GLC, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Gedson = 6
Wingers: Son, Bale, Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn = 5
no 10: Dele = 1
CF = Kane, Vinicius = 2

2 + 5 + 2 + 6 + 5 + 1 + 2 = 23 assuming we sign a CB and before including kids

Thats a decent squad. Rose, Foyth, CCV, Sessegnon, Clarke then leave either on loan or permanent depending on the case. Rose will be the hardest to find a home for

If you had to get that down to 22, Gedson would be the most obviously surplus to requirements.

If you had to get that down to 22, Gedson would be the most obviously surplus to requirements.

Agreed, but he's around til next summer at which time we'll send him back and Skipp will return from his loan. I can't see Gedson playing much but doubt his wages are high and is reasonably versatile

Can’t see Aurier going. No other natural right back, for Doherty backup, without using Tanganga there and it looks unlikely we are getting another CB so could leave us short.

Agreed. And I'm sure one extra body isnt a problem

Back