• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Just wondering how far we can actually go this season....and with Liverpool 4-1 down to Villa and Man C looking a shambles, dare we dream?!?!

The concern obviously is CB. It doesnt feel like we'll sign anyone, so would need our current crop to step up....

As I said elsewhere, if I get to wear a giant omelette on my boat come the end of the season I will be delighted. I think what is clear is that he has found a way to give us several points of attack, and we cannot ignore the fact that for the first time since Walker/Rose we have FBs who are fast, attacking mentalists. It makes us a nightmare to mark. Bale to come. No LoCelso today either. No Bergwijn. Well done to Mourinho and Levy. Questions needed answering, and they have stepped right up and answered them. My humble pie tastes delicious, although I will say that for me, this was always about whether Levy was going to give him what he needed. I think I am even starting to l-l-lo-like(!) Mourinho!

Just wondering how far we can actually go this season....and with Liverpool 4-1 down to Villa and Man C looking a shambles, dare we dream?!?!

The concern obviously is CB. It doesnt feel like we'll sign anyone, so would need our current crop to step up....

Dream.

As I said elsewhere, if I get to wear a giant omelette on my boat come the end of the season I will be delighted. I think what is clear is that he has found a way to give us several points of attack, and we cannot ignore the fact that for the first time since Walker/Rose we have FBs who are fast, attacking mentalists. It makes us a nightmare to mark. Bale to come. No LoCelso today either. No Bergwijn. Well done to Mourinho and Levy. Questions needed answering, and they have stepped right up and answered them. My humble pie tastes delicious, although I will say that for me, this was always about whether Levy was going to give him what he needed. I think I am even starting to l-l-lo-like(!) Mourinho!
Don’t hog all that pie, save me some!

A consistent team might just do it this year and I think consistency is something Jose excels at, he can be relentless.

im stunned at the turnaround since Everton, which was about as low as I’ve felt for a long time, prob since the Utd FA cup semi final under Poch.

A consistent team might just do it this year and I think consistency is something Jose excels at, he can be relentless.

im stunned at the turnaround since Everton, which was about as low as I’ve felt for a long time, prob since the Utd FA cup semi final under Poch.
One signing changed the mind set and belief and he hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet
The fact that Jose insists new players travel with the team can only help too
It feels like we have everyone in the club on the same page
Just need the fans to get there too and it will be great
It won’t last... but it will be great
Poch mastered the one thing needed to progress in creating a unity on and off the pitch
Jose is trying to do the same

Agreed about the turnaround - its ridiculous. I was writing the season off, preparing to try to not care about games in order to avoid getting wound up and angry etc. I thought Jose would be gone by xmas.

We're a different team now, and the signings of Bale, Reguilon and Vinicius give a real sense of optimism too and we have real strength in depth in most positions

Agreed about the turnaround - its ridiculous. I was writing the season off, preparing to try to not care about games in order to avoid getting wound up and angry etc. I thought Jose would be gone by xmas.

We're a different team now, and the signings of Bale, Reguilon and Vinicius give a real sense of optimism too and we have real strength in depth in most positions
Don’t forget COVID
No pre season so for us these europa games have been a chance to get fitter abs sharper as much as tire is a little
Everton have grown from their win against us but have a set system now. Their back ups will cost them but their flying right now
Pool can’t defend anymore
City can’t defend or score like they used too and have a massive Aguero sized hole
Arsenal are getting better on paper but still look only better than average in the pitch
Chelsea look a mess that will be good and bad in the same game
Villa have been really really well set up and it’s showing

Top 4 is very gettable. I’d be gutted if we didn’t tbh. CB is the obvious weakness in the team. Not a huge fan of Dier but I’ll admit he’s improving. Sanchez is going the other direction. Hasn’t improved after one excellent season. 1 good season out of 3 isn’t a great ratio and hasn’t started this season well either. Get a top CB and we can have a good challenge for the league.

Top 4 is very gettable. I’d be gutted if we didn’t tbh. CB is the obvious weakness in the team. Not a huge fan of Dier but I’ll admit he’s improving. Sanchez is going the other direction. Hasn’t improved after one excellent season. 1 good season out of 3 isn’t a great ratio and hasn’t started this season well either. Get a top CB and we can have a good challenge for the league.
Just look at the CBS of the teams above us though.... some shockers up there

The signing have made such a difference.
I said earlier in this thread that Mourinho is a checkbook manager. But with Covid he will never get the chance to prove me wrong because we wont be doing any business.
The unexpected signings have been magnificent.
He's already done much more than I thought he was capable of anymore.

The signing have made such a difference.
I said earlier in this thread that Mourinho is a checkbook manager. But with Covid he will never get the chance to prove me wrong because we wont be doing any business.
The unexpected signings have been magnificent.
He's already done much more than I thought he was capable of anymore.
He does like his signings. And if there's money to be spent that can strengthen the team he will spend it, like most managers.

He's often spent his money very well though. And he's shown that he doesn't need to spend huge money to find players that works well in his system, his team.

It's not surprising that he looks on course to do just that here.

Exactly...if we can sign Skriniar...it might give us an edge?
I’d say we have an edge with our attacking options TBF
Look at the goals we have conceded and it’s 3 penalties of which today’s is the only real one (the others two were because of a rule change which will affect every team)
A great header from DCL and Ings goal which was very good too
A Skrinar would be welcome make no mistake but we’re no as bad as I think we believe some times

Look at the goals we have conceded and it’s 3 penalties of which today’s is the only real one (the others two were because of a rule change which will affect every team)
A Skrinar would be welcome make no mistake but we’re no as bad as I think we believe some times

I don't the cbs have been that bad, what's been in front of them has been though.
Signs that's changing though.

Our attacking options are great but other teams will equally shout about theirs.

Now we look like we c.ould be seriously heading in the right direction, and the way the season looks wide open, I just think that a decent CH addition has the potential to push us on NOW. I'd hate to think 'if only' at the end of the season if our defence is our undoing (and I think there is fair evidence that it c.ould be).

If we can help fix the defence by adding a decent CH combined with a coach that is one of the best at getting defences right, it might just get us ahead of the pack before others sort their own sh.it out.

Back