• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Random stats alert
Yesterday was his 40th game in charge for us
He had 19 wins before yesterday and it would have been 20 of we had won so 50% success rate before that penalty
To me 50% sounds good but it’s actually very decent
FWIW... after their first 40 games at Spurs we scored 69 (DUDE!) goals under both managers but conceded 10 fewer under Pochettino...

Pochettino: Won 23, Drawn 8, Lost 9, GF 69, GA 44
Mourinho: Won 19, Drawn 9, Lost 12, GF 69, GA 54

Hopefully we soon have as good a LCB as young Vertonghen.

Just a though but might the new handball law change Mourinho.
Traditionally he is happy to defend a one goal lead.
Now with it being impossible to defend handballs, will he make his teams push on to get a two goal lead?

Southampton Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea games have all been encouraging, for differing reasons - can see signs of the fabled new man/new philosophy at long last.

A new CB this window will see us have 7 new starting XI players from the CL final season - quite the turnaround and so the team is well truly his from this point, interested to see where we go from here.

Southampton Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea games have all been encouraging, for differing reasons - can see signs of the fabled new man/new philosophy at long last.

A new CB this window will see us have 7 new starting XI players from the CL final season - quite the turnaround and so the team is well truly his from this point, interested to see where we go from here.
He is getting his siege mentality combined with a worn rate increase
It can only be a good thing for us
It may end up falling down but now it’s working who knows
What we see with Jose is assertive management and an expectation from the players

At long last is a bit harsh imo. Last season was a dumpster fire, our league form the 10 months before he took over was abysmal, massive injury problems. He still got us 6th. This is his first full season. We're looking much improved, though still with a lot of work left to be done obviously.

He is getting his siege meteorology combined with a worn rate increase
It can only be a good thing for us
It may end up falling down but now it’s working who knows
What we see with Jose is assertive management and an expectation from the players

I think adding some of the characters to the camp help - the likes of Hojbjerg, Doherty, Hart etc - plus Bale coming in would have given people a huge lift even if he hasnt played as yet.

Big week ahead though. Need to get in the EL and not lose more ground to Man U in the PL on Sunday by getting at least a point...and obviously picking up a CB and CF in the last few days of the window

At long last is a bit harsh imo. Last season was a dumpster fire, our league form the 10 months before he took over was abysmal, massive injury problems. He still got us 6th. This is his first full season. We're looking much improved, though still with a lot of work left to be done obviously.

And even that with little pre-season, crippling fixture congestion from the outset and unexpected economic constraints.
Someone should make a TV show about it.

The football after the new manager bounce wore off was diabolocal imho especially so after lockdown - i can forgive bad results and ugly football if there is ambition to do more and it's part of the process, but what I saw was a team setup to play as underdogs and defend it's way to points which afaic was enough to raise questions. Especially considering that is what happened in his previous job and what ultimately got him the boot.

Things are improving and there is evidence we have ambitions to play a more expansive game so I'm happy with that.

I have warmed to Jose big style, which I find incredible. I can't help getting romanticised when it comes to football, even though I know it's money driven and mercenary. Jose has been there and done it with the money doped clubs, I would love him to stick around and build things up with us. Spurs could be his finest achievement to date. I live in hope.

The football after the new manager bounce wore off was diabolocal imho especially so after lockdown - i can forgive bad results and ugly football if there is ambition to do more and it's part of the process, but what I saw was a team setup to play as underdogs and defend it's way to points which afaic was enough to raise questions. Especially considering that is what happened in his previous job and what ultimately got him the boot.

Things are improving and there is evidence we have ambitions to play a more expansive game so I'm happy with that.

To counter that, we've all seen what happens(ed) when we open up and attack, our defense/midfield gets overrun and mistakes are happening left right and centre. Teams would sit back, have one attack and nearly score then realise that actually they would be better served attacking us cause we'll crumble. Maybe our setup was to counter the fact that at the time we were leaking a ridiculous amount of goals and just couldn't defend. You build teams from the back. What we want to see immediately isn't necessarily what is best for the long term team building process.

A serious team should be able to defend a 1 goal lead no matter what is going on at the other end. Our attack bar Kane isn't the most cut throat even Son blows hot and cold. I had no problem with him trying to make us harder to beat in formation then by adding personnel. After this, lets play football.

To counter that, we've all seen what happens(ed) when we open up and attack, our defense/midfield gets overrun and mistakes are happening left right and centre. Teams would sit back, have one attack and nearly score then realise that actually they would be better served attacking us cause we'll crumble. Maybe our setup was to counter the fact that at the time we were leaking a ridiculous amount of goals and just couldn't defend. You build teams from the back. What we want to see immediately isn't necessarily what is best for the long term team building process.

A serious team should be able to defend a 1 goal lead no matter what is going on at the other end. Our attack bar Kane isn't the most cut throat even Son blows hot and cold. I had no problem with him trying to make us harder to beat in formation then by adding personnel. After this, lets play football.

It's a valid point tbf but still, at the time the narrative was that the players here were a lot better than the performances that were being offered up so there was an air of resignation on my part that we'd be sticking with that group and the setup would remain to cover their faults. Thankfully we've managed to bring in a bunch of new faces to give us a huge refresh, which in turn allows the shackles to be loosened on the pitch.

If people were to look back, initially i was interested to see Mourinhos new look approach that had been spoken of when he joined and saw potential for a huge upside should it click in to place - I'll certainly not be too proud to hold my hands up if he manages to do that.

Back