• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

One point I will make however is that I'm beginning to believe that story about his teams having little or no focus on attacking drills. We're as static as a 70's TV set.
Our runs off the ball when we attack are awful.
Son, Stevie, Moura, Sissoko and Glc all made decent breaks in the first half and there's not a good pass on.
It was the same second half, we run towards the player with the ball, check, then run away from him.
We've been doing it since Eriksen went off the boil, don't know why.

I want success and it can come with whoever?
Jose looks so detached and almost going through the motions.

if he turns it round Then good on him!

but I won’t tell you to stop sharpening
The team looks the same to me.

I thought Jose would ignite the fire in their bellies but I can't yet see any of that magical will to win characteristic he was supposed to impart. If he turns it around, fantastic. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Son, Stevie, Moura, Sissoko and Glc all made decent breaks in the first half and there's not a good pass on.
It was the same second half, we run towards the player with the ball, check, then run away from him.

I've noticed that too, certain players get a lot of stick for misplacing passes during break situations but the route running is braindead at times, it was very narrow tonight, too much focus on getting into a higher xG position than moving defenders around.

Mourinho got the selection wrong this evening - having our 3 quick guys meant that we had limited creativity in the team to play them in. However it was far from all his fault.

First half performance was pretty decent. Dier, GLC, Sissoko and a couple others, though we mainly looked better when breaking but unable to unlock them when they sat back.

Second half a lot changed. GLC got over-ran, Sissoko was less effective and again we struggled to unlock them in attacking areas.

I still think that a decent DM and RB would improve us immensely. I like Davies, but he lacks the dynamism to be much better than a mid-table LB.

The no 10 role is becoming another problem - we've succeeded in the past with Dele there, despite him not being creative, as we had CE playing out side, but tucked in. I dont think it works with Dele there and two flyers outside him - one of those three needs to be able to unpick defences

The basis of a decent team is there - but there's also some major flaws which is holding it back

I honestly think we had more chances against Brighton mate.
We didn’t score a goal vs Brighton, they had 17 (seventeen) bricks vs us and we just edged possession 52/48
Oh and their a very weak wide, whereas Sheffield United aren’t. Their well drilled and organised for a start

I loved the sissoko run where he got to the edge of the area and shat himself so panicked
Lamela did it twice
I mean we’re talking basic passes here that they couldn’t execute

The team looks the same to me.

I thought Jose would ignite the fire in their bellies but I can't yet see any of that magical will to win characteristic he was supposed to impart. If he turns it around, fantastic. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

It is the same team, in fact I'd say its the same thing I've watched for nearly 25 years, settlers.
There's no perryman, Roberts, gough, mabbut, or even Modric or Carrick, etc, there's no winners.
There doesn't seem to be one there that will put themselves on the line, stand up say the right things.
I used to think Harry and Dier had it, now I'm not so sure. Pretty sure lamela has it, but as a follower, not a leader.
As much as admire and appreciate what Levy has done for us I think he's the same, scared to succeed, on the park at least.

It is the same team, in fact I'd say its the same thing I've watched for nearly 25 years, settlers.
There's no perryman, Roberts, gough, mabbut, or even Modric or Carrick, etc, there's no winners.
There doesn't seem to be one there that will put themselves on the line, stand up say the right things.
I used to think Harry and Dier had it, now I'm not so sure. Pretty sure lamela has it, but as a follower, not a leader.
As much as admire and appreciate what Levy has done for us I think he's the same, scared to succeed, on the park at least.
I believe Harry’s and Dier have it but when you have a spineless mess around you it’s harder

I loved the sissoko run where he got to the edge of the area and shat himself so panicked
Lamela did it twice

You could see the fear get worse the closer Sissoko got to the goal.
Lamela for me is waiting on someone to make a run, try and get in behind for a defence splitting pass. It's the same with Dele to some degree. I don't know how many times I've watched son and moura run onto the last man and stand arms out waiting on a ball to their feet so they can beat a man, run into the space behind ffs.

It is an elusive quality. I would say I see a bit in Dier and Dele, and though early days I can see Lo Celso getting a bit exasperated already with his teammate's performances. He ran out of steam tonight trying to be all things on the pitch.

Last edited:
I believe Harry’s and Dier have it but when you have a spineless mess around you it’s harder

You can see it hurts them, but I don't think they have the will to push people on.
Can't say I blame them, it's a herculean task with this lot.
I said it with poch and I'll say it with Jose, the manager isn't the problem, the players are.

Sometimes you need a roostery del boy type of prick who can just blag things.

Im beginning to think it does stem from the very top now.

On the whole i like living within our means but every now and again you need to take a leap in life.

You could see the fear get worse the closer Sissoko got to the goal.
Lamela for me is waiting on someone to make a run, try and get in behind for a defence splitting pass. It's the same with Dele to some degree. I don't know how many times I've watched son and moura run onto the last man and stand arms out waiting on a ball to their feet so they can beat a man, run into the space behind ffs.
It's not drillled into them.

I've seen the Barca kids up close at youth tourneys and their Son's and Moura's always make angled runs in behind the full backs. Over and over and over. Drills. It is mind-muscle memory when they hit the senior teams.

Lamela did it twice

The one where he squared it for Bergwijn?

If so I felt the stick for that in the match thread was mainly because it was Sissoko, it was underhit but it did reach Bergwijn in a position where he could shoot, wasn’t the worst pass of the night, iirc Lo Celso attempted to play in Aurier within seconds of this and fudged it up to no derision (other than from me).

The one where he squared it for Bergwijn?

If so I felt the stick for that in the match thread was mainly because it was Sissoko, it was underhit but it did reach Bergwijn in a position where he could shoot, wasn’t the worst pass of the night, iirc Lo Celso attempted to play in Aurier within seconds of this and fudged it up to no derision (other than from me).
The one where he passed it behind him, yeah

Back