• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Sorry but we were outplayed quite badly by Brighton... brighton!!!
We haven’t won’t at Sheffield in a long time and we had plenty of the ball. Against Brighton we didn’t have anything

Yes we were awful. We are maybe not as bad but it’s not far off. Just don’t think he’s the man for the job. Squad needs an overhaul. I think Levy went for the option of thinking Jose could squeeze more out of it which he looks like he can’t.

Yes we were awful. We are maybe not as bad but it’s not far off. Just don’t think he’s the man for the job. Squad needs an overhaul. I think Levy went for the option of thinking Jose could squeeze more out of it which he looks like he can’t.
The guy needs time
Poch first season we were not flying and he inherited some decent hungry players
He had time and made us IMO the best side in the country for 2 years (yes with no trophies)
Time is key but football is sup short term

The guy needs time
Poch first season we were not flying and he inherited some decent hungry players
He had time and made us IMO the best side in the country for 2 years (yes with no trophies)

You don't appoint a manager like him to give time to, you appoint him for instant impact

The guy needs time

Yes it can be said about the short term nature of thinking but for me this is not it. There were marked differences I think Poch was a younger manager on the up. Looks like Jose is on the downward turn. Plus there’s some staleness to this squad . It needs a fairly sizeable overhaul and I’d rather see another manager on the up with something to prove to do it. Who I don’t know but it’s just tepid at the moment.

I'd give him a proper transfer window. What we're seeing now is the same as the last two years under Poch (minus Eriksen wasting every single set piece).

The last transfer window under him we got Bergwijn, who he has come out and admitted wasn't his signing https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...teven-bergwijn-not-first-choice-a4476476.html

Then there is Gedson Fernandes. A guy who wasn't getting in the Benfica team anymore. His agent is Jorge Mendes (Mourinho's agent and mate). So he's now at Spurs in the shop window trying to get his transfer value up. We will never pay his £50m+ transfer fee. All we are doing is giving development time to a Mendes player. Like we are some sort of Belgian feeder club.

Imagine a full summer window of this. With no spending money. Levy unable to shift deadwood because no one bar 6 or 7 Superclubs have any money. Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea aren't gonna be coming in for Sissoko and Aurier. And Levy would be insane to sell Son or Kane at the bottom of the market.

The only way out of financial mess we are in during the next few years is playing youth. Mourinho is not the manager for that.

Not blaming Jose for this mess but he’s not cut out for a rebuild and the game has moved on since he dominated the game. Teams at the top don’t play counter attacking anti football aside from Atletico Madrid. Most of the top teams like Liverpool, Bayern, City, Barca etc play fast, aggressive and attacking football. The game has moved on from the days of nicking 1-1’s away from home

He gave a good interview to the BBC. Very obvious what he thought of the disallowed goal but he was fairly scathing of our mental strength and level of commitment second half.

He said “the last two goals were a consequence of our state of mind.”

I’m not usually one for “he should fudging give them a rocket” but he needs to give them a rocket. Some of what I saw tonight was beyond unacceptable.

We would be courageous to sack him at the end of the season. Especially if we finish below them. But it would be for the best. I cannot see him improving us at all. He hasn't changed at all.
If we sack him then our small transfer budget turns into no budget at all.... or perhaps even a negative one...

What half decent manager will take over a club with a budget of zero?

My worry is the only time we look dangerous is when we hoof it forward and get on the second ball. It is the only way we ever have an attack where we are playing behind the oppositions midfield.

One point I will make however is that I'm beginning to believe that story about his teams having little or no focus on attacking drills. We're as static as a 70's TV set.

I've decided to hold off until the end of the season before I get the knives out for Jose. I'm just sharpening them.

I want success and it can come with whoever?
Jose looks so detached and almost going through the motions.

if he turns it round Then good on him!

but I won’t tell you to stop sharpening

Back