• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

It was even more turgid and inconsistent before - or have you got such a short memory? I recall a thrilling 5-0 victory against Burnley and several three goal victories eg West Ham and Wolves AWAY and Bournemouth at home. We made up something like 9 points on fourth place Chelsea and could have gone above them except our serial losers lost again. Southampton and Norwich were with our team decimated by injuries and suspensions.

Since Jose came here we have suffered a lot with injurys ( losing both Kane and Son being a key point) Take away the two top scorers from any side and they would have problems but there have also been others that have affected our form/set up as well. Said it before but all that has happened since just points to the fact a lot of fans hate Jose and what he stands for and will never get over that.

I do not think ANY fan has been overly impressed with the way we are playing( i'm no different) but most fans i know are willing to look at some of the reasons we have been so poor ( injurys/ suspensions/ illness) and can see that they are GOOD reasons why we have been so. Once Jose gets a full FIT/Well squad will be the time ( imo) to judge him.

Most fans i know are willing to do just that but alas those that dislike Jose may not be so willing to do so. Sad really.

Since Jose came here we have suffered a lot with injurys ( losing both Kane and Son being a key point) Take away the two top scorers from any side and they would have problems but there have also been others that have affected our form/set up as well. Said it before but all that has happened since just points to the fact a lot of fans hate Jose and what he stands for and will never get over that.

I do not think ANY fan has been overly impressed with the way we are playing( i'm no different) but most fans i know are willing to look at some of the reasons we have been so poor ( injurys/ suspensions/ illness) and can see that they are GOOD reasons why we have been so. Once Jose gets a full FIT/Well squad will be the time ( imo) to judge him.

Most fans i know are willing to do just that but alas those that dislike Jose may not be so willing to do so. Sad really.
Does any manager ever have a completely fully fit and well squad?

I want Jose to be successful at Spurs but fear that his strengths as a manager don't necessarily fit to the strengths in our squad. He also has a very hard act to follow from a manager who achieved finishes of 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I'm not sure how much patience the fans in general will show if we're not in the top 4 reasonably early next season, especially if the preferred low block, counter attack tactic is maintained.

I want Jose to be successful at Spurs but fear that his strengths as a manager don't necessarily fit to the strengths in our squad. He also has a very hard act to follow from a manager who achieved finishes of 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I'm not sure how much patience the fans in general will show if we're not in the top 4 reasonably early next season, especially if the preferred low block, counter attack tactic is maintained.

No you are right every manager has had to manage players who are injured/absent, however i have never known a season for the amount we have suffered from this last 12 months or so.

As for fans showing patience again you are right it seems to be a sign in the modern game, however i rally think that the time to judge Jose will be when/if he can have a good summer and that next season we can start off with a squad that is mostly fit/well. Then and only then will we really know what he can achieve for us, he is a winner and has the pots to prove it.

But as i have said before there is a group of fans that do not like him and have already judged him.

No you are right every manager has had to manage players who are injured/absent, however i have never known a season for the amount we have suffered from this last 12 months or so.

As for fans showing patience again you are right it seems to be a sign in the modern game, however i rally think that the time to judge Jose will be when/if he can have a good summer and that next season we can start off with a squad that is mostly fit/well. Then and only then will we really know what he can achieve for us, he is a winner and has the pots to prove it.

But as i have said before there is a group of fans that do not like him and have already judged him.
Interesting though that the club weren't prepared to give Pochettino time to see what he could achieve with this group of players and no injuries despite all of the credit he had built up in the bank. It probably cost us £20 million to get rid of Poch and team and bring in Mourinho and team. Would that money have been better spent on improving the squad?

United had a fully fit squad Friday which is why they got back it to the game
As I said earlier, having Lo Celso fit enough to start the game instead of lamela would have been huge as he doesn’t waste the ball. Add in the ability to bring in lamela, moura and dele and the position changes a lot
United had everyone available and it showed

Interesting though that the club weren't prepared to give Pochettino time to see what he could achieve with this group of players and no injuries despite all of the credit he had built up in the bank. It probably cost us £20 million to get rid of Poch and team and bring in Mourinho and team. Would that money have been better spent on improving the squad?

We all loved Poch and were sad to see him go but he had/seemed to have lost the dressing room so it was time ( even though it was sad to see). However looking back is not going to help anyone and we move forward. I think anyone who has seen the struggles we have suffered with injurys/illness since Jose has been here ( maybe not those who made it clear they dislike Jose)would accept that we can only judge when we have a fit squad ( or at least not one that has been so badly hit).

United had a fully fit squad Friday which is why they got back it to the game
As I said earlier, having Lo Celso fit enough to start the game instead of lamela would have been huge as he doesn’t waste the ball. Add in the ability to bring in lamela, moura and dele and the position changes a lot
United had everyone available and it showed
I think if we'd had Moura available as a bench option that would have significantly impacted the balance of the second half play.

It's boring football though, isn't it? Hopefully the tugidity will be rewarded with a trophy but the football itself makes my eyes bleed.

That’s it, it is boring and that’s not about hating on Jose it’s just a fact.

This so called “built on a solid base” saw us roll over in the CL admittedly against a decent enough side but surely you adapt. We still have some decent talent, sitting here accepting rolling over in the CL and FA Cup in equally bad performances is odd.

I like his response to Paul Merson very much.

7 minutes in on this video

He looked like he was very sure of his facts and was making a point of getting them right but there's no way Drogba averaged 45+ goals a season at Chelsea under Jose or am I misremembering?

I thought that at the time as well, but in Hindsight I'm not so sure.
It seems to me now more like poch left rather than he was sacked.
He obviously was sacked, but did Levy push him before he jumped or did something that irreparably damaged Pochs legacy.
The statement Levy issued at the time and Jose's first press conference were so fulsome of poch to be bordering on bizarre.
Has Levy taken the heat and a gamble that in the future when the club are in a better position and poch has his head straightened he could/will return?
Wish full thinking on my part, definitely, but don't see a manager out there that is as good a fit for us.

Not sure I'm getting across what I really mean, but anyway.

I thought that at the time as well, but in Hindsight I'm not so sure.
It seems to me now more like poch left rather than he was sacked.
He obviously was sacked, but did Levy push him before he jumped or did something that irreparably damaged Pochs legacy.
The statement Levy issued at the time and Jose's first press conference were so fulsome of poch to be bordering on bizarre.
Has Levy taken the heat and a gamble that in the future when the club are in a better position and poch has his head straightened he could/will return?
Wish full thinking on my part, definitely, but don't see a manager out there that is as good a fit for us.

Not sure I'm getting across what I really mean, but anyway.
Personally I think the Southampton manager will be a good fit for us in a couple of years if Mourinho goes....

He looked like he was very sure of his facts and was making a point of getting them right but there's no way Drogba averaged 45+ goals a season at Chelsea under Jose or am I misremembering?

The other strikers he mentioned were playing outside the Premier League where you can run up 6-0 wins every other week playing for Real and the like.

Turning up with a prepared list to dig out a pundit with known depression problems, often suicidal, is uncalled for. You can tell he even knew this himself and tried to qualify it. But he couldn't let it go.

The other strikers he mentioned were playing outside the Premier League where you can run up 6-0 wins every other week playing for Real and the like.

Turning up with a prepared list to dig out a pundit with known depression problems, often suicidal, is uncalled for. You can tell he even knew this himself and tried to qualify it. But he couldn't let it go.
Sorry but that’s gonad*s
If your a pundit and your happy to give criticism ... you have to be willing to take it
That’s life

Back