• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The other strikers he mentioned were playing outside the Premier League where you can run up 6-0 wins every other week playing for Real and the like.

Turning up with a prepared list to dig out a pundit with known depression problems, often suicidal, is uncalled for. You can tell he even knew this himself and tried to qualify it. But he couldn't let it go.

Fully agree with Bedford. If Merson is going to offer an opinion, he has to be prepared for the response. And Jose was very respectful towards him when in the past he’s gotten personal about it. I’d have no criticism of Jose today aside from the bogey stat on Drogba. Amazed he got it that wrong unless there’s an ulterior motive behind it.

Indeed
Chelsea lost a final and won one a few years later despite being brick
Pool did the same
Others have too
We just need patience like you say and of course luck and the right players

Agreed. Patience.

My annoyance is that We get the bloke who gets us to the brink with his first phase effort and let him slip away.

I really can't see the turgidity leading to trophies.... In a one off semi-final/final game against a team who are probably better than us, perhaps..... The problem is using the same tactics against an inferior team like Norwich in the earlier rounds means we won't get that far.

I'm hoping that these recent tactics are a combination of being too scared to play attacking football without a number 9 (the few games before the cover enforced break) and coming up against a supposed superior team in Man Utd now that we do have number 9s available. I am a little concerned though that Mourinho feels we are an inferior team to Man Utd. That reversal in the current health of our two respective teams has come around pretty quickly.

The greatest irony is that had he been able to force us through the CL, he would've only needed three perfect turgid games to win it.

Agreed. Patience.

My annoyance is that We get the bloke who gets us to the brink with his first phase effort and let him slip away.
You know my thoughts
I’d have stuck with him and given him the chance but we chose not too, and i get why
Gonna be very Interesting what he does next

Since Jose came here we have suffered a lot with injurys ( losing both Kane and Son being a key point) Take away the two top scorers from any side and they would have problems but there have also been others that have affected our form/set up as well. Said it before but all that has happened since just points to the fact a lot of fans hate Jose and what he stands for and will never get over that.

I do not think ANY fan has been overly impressed with the way we are playing( i'm no different) but most fans i know are willing to look at some of the reasons we have been so poor ( injurys/ suspensions/ illness) and can see that they are GOOD reasons why we have been so. Once Jose gets a full FIT/Well squad will be the time ( imo) to judge him.

Most fans i know are willing to do just that but alas those that dislike Jose may not be so willing to do so. Sad really.

All fair points.
I find myself wanting to do the right thing -and finding myself doing so despite what is an undeniable dislike of him. I cannot hide that (obviously hahahaha!)...I will try because this is my club not his, but it is not easy.

Sorry for yet another post in a row (be grateful we aren't in the pub hahaha) but I have been thinking a lot about the relative unfairness of my personal feeling towards Mourinho.

It seems unfair and unreasonable, but the fact remains he set his own table for years prior. When you've walked like a duck, talked like a duck and acted like a duck, it will be hard to suddenly be viewed as a cat.

Unless you take mushrooms.

Maybe that's what I need; mushrooms and
lashings of custard!

Sorry for yet another post in a row (be grateful we aren't in the pub hahaha) but I have been thinking a lot about the relative unfairness of my personal feeling towards Mourinho.

It seems unfair and unreasonable, but the fact remains he set his own table for years prior. When you've walked like a duck, talked like a duck and acted like a duck, it will be hard to suddenly be viewed as a cat.

lashings of custard!
He’s now our duck!

lashings of custard!
Are you sure you aren't in the pub?

lashings of custard!

I like it haha

Look for me has has to prove his place and earn his crust, I won’t concede on that, if you sack someone with relative credit in bank who transformed the club and for huge money, if it’s the “special one” the born winner then yeh I do expect more than the average manager.

Yep we have had injuries and suspensions but show me a line up that’s so diminished we couldn’t be competitive? There isn’t one.

I wasn’t expecting him to win either the CL or FA Cup but have expected more than than the two defeats and draw at home and style in which we exited those cups, the lack of adaptability in the games just didn’t smack me as “special”

I’m not sure his demeanour where he sulks on his own on the bench when things go wrong is a particularly good look either.

His appointment sets a high standard so I will judge him on such, that’s what his appointment after the Poch sacking brings, that’s the message sent.

If only he were a peking duck and we could all sit around a large, round table and gorge ourselves on the deliciousness. Sadly, what he has served up is a pale imitation of the crispy, flavourful duck we all love. I'm hungry.

My antidote to my Mourinho doubts regarding his suitability, is to cast my mind back to last year and ’that night’ of ineptitude in Madrid.

My antidote to my Mourinho doubts regarding his suitability, is to cast my mind back to last year and ’that night’ of ineptitude in Madrid.

Hahahaha you're joking aren't you? Jesus. I'll say this, he's banged on about all 6 attacking players being available and how he is the man for Kane, so I expect us to fudging hammer this lot tonight with a performance to make me second-guess my doubts about him.

Hahahaha you're joking aren't you? Jesus. I'll say this, he's banged on about all 6 attacking players being available and how he is the man for Kane, so I expect us to fudging hammer this lot tonight with a performance to make me second-guess my doubts about him.

Sadly Poch promised much and didn't deliver. Yes, some great moments which in some ways exacerbated his lack of more tangible achievement.

PS We will not 'hammer' anybody ATM though, yes we have more fit players coming back.

Last edited:
He’s hardly banged on about it - he’s just said he’s happy he’s got all six attacking players available. They’re hardly going to be all firing on all cylinders considering they’ve played naff all football for three months.....

Agreed. Patience.

Don't think we let him slip away. We didn't back him is the truth in my eyes.

In terms of top managers in the world right now, Top 3, maybe Top 5, It's Klopp, Pep, and probably Poch. You don't get one of the worlds best managers and fail to support him, because world class managers don't turn up daily at your doorstep. Look at United, look at Arsenal.

When you finally get one, and see improvements on an ongoing basis, just seems idiotic not to support him.

As i said before, i don't really blame Jose, it's not his fault, he was the wrong choice at the wrong time plain and simple.

Don't think we let him slip away. We didn't back him is the truth in my eyes.

In terms of top managers in the world right now, Top 3, maybe Top 5, It's Klopp, Pep, and probably Poch. You don't get one of the worlds best managers and fail to support him, because world class managers don't turn up daily at your doorstep. Look at United, look at Arsenal.

When you finally get one, and see improvements on an ongoing basis, just seems idiotic not to support him.

As i said before, i don't really blame Jose, it's not his fault, he was the wrong choice at the wrong time plain and simple.

I think it's very difficult to put Poch in that bracket. He did amazing things with us but ahead of Mourinho, Allegri, Simeone? No way. He's never won anything. Even fellas like Mancini, Joachim Low and Didier Deschamps have more of a shout than Poch.

My take on him leaving is that he deserved at least until the end of the season. He'd earned that. But I don't think he was going to make it any better. He'd been dealt a really brick hand by the club and he played it bloody awfully. It was broken beyond repair.

Back